Sign in to follow this  
calqluslethal

Custom face in operation arrowhead?

Do custom faces still work....I'm using what i been using, that worked fine before... now i just get a pale ghost looking dude...

Depends. Custom faces should work unless the mission is forcing a particular character model on you, or in the case of using ACE mod, if you use any of the custom face gear (glasses, goggles, gasmask, balaclava) it'll flip to a default face model.

im talking about in multiplayer...i took off the glasses and he's still looks like a ghost in singleplayer custom faces still works fine...can anyone please tell me what to do...or if it still works...

I use a customer face all the time in OA and reg arma, only issues i've come across is like what was mentioned about about the ace gear it flips it back to a default face, and some head models that are with the unit that you select sometimes cause the face to be over written by the units head model. The odd occasion i've had your issue but a quick restart of the game has always fixed it up for me.

only suggestion i can give is try out different units with your face. I've had a couple issues with the BAF officer unit and my custom face would flicker.

There some standard ingame camo faces that you can use (if thats any good to u) and you wont get kicked off servers for those ones either.

im talking about in multiplayer...i took off the glasses and he's still looks like a ghost in singleplayer custom faces still works fine...can anyone please tell me what to do...or if it still works...

What I mean is if you use any of the ACE face equipment like the one's mentioned previously, your face will change back to the default face, and it won't change back, even if you take said gear off.

When you start off, what ever custom face you are using should be there in a MP session, but if you put any of the ACE glasses, masks, or other gear other than the NVG's on your face, it will change back to the pale look fella'.

If your character is starting off as that pale faced character, try a different mp mission see if it's just that particular one. Beyond that I don't think I can't help.

still pale...do you guys save it as face.jpg or just face....cuz when i save it as face.jpg it doesn't show in my player profile...i wear glasses in real life...so i just use the reading glasses...even if i take those off my dude still is all pale...i can just run the orgingal version no ace and still get the pale dude?

How to use camo faces in game

1. Go in game a select one of the default faces (Profile button), just not the first one. This will prompt a change in your file below.

2. Go to: My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\"USER NAME"\"USERNAME.ARMA2OAPROFILE"

3. Open it with notepad and hit CTRL + F (Find). Seach for face=, you should see sometihng like this:

Code:

face="Face05";4. Replace the "Face05" with something from here.

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Cl...aces/#document

5. Save it and there ya go.

How to use camo faces in game

1. Go in game a select one of the default faces (Profile button), just not the first one. This will prompt a change in your file below.

2. Go to: My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\"USER NAME"\"USERNAME.ARMA2OAPROFILE"

3. Open it with notepad and hit CTRL + F (Find). Seach for face=, you should see sometihng like this:

Code:

face="Face05";4. Replace the "Face05" with something from here.

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Cl...aces/#document

5. Save it and there ya go.

that link doesn't work...i was trying that right now when i open it with note pad it says face="custom" i don't just want camo i want my custom dude anyway i can do that?

Hi, the custom faces for the OA must be a .jpg file of less than 96Kb, i use a Nvidia and the problems that i've (on the ArmA2) is that the skin glows in the dark when you're not using a .paa as face, it's tones are lighter than how it should; i still use the custom face pattern and colours (exactly the same ones) that i'd used on the ArmA, and here it's the comparison:

Armed Assault:

ArmA_112.jpg

Armed Assault II:

ArmA2_bug_83.jpg

The problems that i've on the ArmA2 are the .rvmat that covers the model's skin, as i've said what it do is to:

- Make the skin glow in the dark (more in the eyes).

- Make the tones used for the custom face much more lighter.

If you use a human skin tone spect it to be between two to three times brighter/pale, same happened to me when i'd installed the OA and patched it up to the v1.54. AFAIK this can only be fixed by removing the UV mapping from the game's human models, or... redo the UV maps better. But... the ATI users had problems back in ArmA times with the .jpg textures (no matter what) and nothing that you do on the texture was able to fix it. Let's C ya

how do i make it less than 96kb when i shrink it down from 1024 by 1024 say to 768 i get message custom face is 768 by 768 not 2^n???

Hi, you've to make it a 512x512 .jpg file that takes less than 96Kb; anything that don't be a multiple won't work; it can't be 512x1024 (for the custom faces), or things like 800x600, or 800x800. It must be things like 128x128... 256x256... 512x512... etc. Let's C ya

Thank you it worked...i owe u one bro...come check us out at task force blackjack on wednesdays and 9pm and fridays at 9pm....mostly military our in our clan u'll enjoy it... look for me Calqlus

Hi, i guess that you use the OA/CO in your clan, i only use the ArmA2 so... sadly... i can't see your server on the browser, but thanks for the invitation; sure that we'll have fun. Let's C ya

I think what the OP was referring to is this:

#define ACE_CUSTOMFACE

{

name="Wall";

face="Face59_camo2";

glasses="None";

};

You used to be able to put that under the identity line in the old userconfigs, I'm still trying to figure out how the new one works. But that did make it to where your custom face stayed when you changed ACE glasses, etc.

I have a strange problem with my custom face, if i try to choose it my arma directly crash :-(

The Face is an jgp and my armaoa Version is 1.60

Update: I converted it to paa now it works, strange. Are jpg's no longer supported?

Edited by Clawhammer