Sign in to follow this  
daraofp

New Weapon Sounds for OFP

I changed original OFP sounds to be more realistic.

So if you download it be sure to make the backup of the original file Sound.pbo

http://www.2shared.com/file/iSubPqok/DaraOfp__New_sounds_v12.html

Video sample of those sounds

UZZSTToE-v0

contains:

-sound.pbo

Extract the file sound.pbo to-

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE\Res\Dta

and replace the old one

I made this using some warious sounds i found and mix it with other weapon and explosion sounds.

Changesd sounds:

-M16

-AK74

-XM4

-M21

-SVD

-Hand grenade

-Mortar shell

-Heli gun

-heli rockets

-Tank shell

-AT launcher fire

-AT launcher explosion

-Combat ambient

-Bullet riccoshe

ect..

Did not change sounds on M60 and PK machinegun (it doesent work when i put longer sounds)

Use this at your own risk!!!

Edited by daraofp

Hi daraofp,

Sounds are better than in original OFP. Although there is too much bass on some sounds ex. M16.

Some of the sound echoes are kind of weird with some of random background noises but could be better when clipped off properly. Some of the echoes just ended too early.

Some of these sounds could sound cool on woodland. All in all good sounds with some mixing and tweaking.

Regards.

Edited by batis4

I would like to hear the sounds but when I try to download the file in the download page says it is not AVAILABLE You could upload the file to another site for download?

Thanks in advance..............:):)

I would like to hear the sounds but when I try to download the file in the download page says it is not AVAILABLE You could upload the file to another site for download?

Thanks in advance..............:):)

You were clicking to the wrong Download window ;)

there are 2 windows, you have to click to the smaller window at the botom...

the one that says:

Save file to your PC: Download

The upper Download button is advertising :)

the link works i tried it!

Im working on a new sounds (even more realistic) that will be even better than the ones i previously posted.

I got all kinde of sounds from ECP mod, Company of Heroes, real sounds from shooting range ect.

All the sounds will be changed from rifle, grenades, tank shells, heli shells and bullet impact ect i will upload them in a few days :)

I will also post a sample video of those sounds on you tube.

Good Sound makes a good game even better!

Some pretty nice new sounds there. I like the new explosion sounds. Though I have to agree with batis4 that some of the gun sounds maybe had a little "bassy effect" that could be reduced.

Looking forward to what you'll come up with next! (Maybe a little WWII island too at some point?)

Mirror by OFPR.info:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/DaraOfp new sounds.rar

Some pretty nice new sounds there. I like the new explosion sounds. Though I have to agree with batis4 that some of the gun sounds maybe had a little "bassy effect" that could be reduced.

Looking forward to what you'll come up with next! (Maybe a little WWII island too at some point?)

Mirror by OFPR.info:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/DaraOfp new sounds.rar

Thanx!

Yeah M16 did have a lot of bass, this time the sounds will have more High Pitch, will be a litle less Holiwood stile sound :)

Il keep you posted!

Ok i uploaded the new version of sound V1.2

Go to the first post and download it, i changed the link and posted a video sample of the sounds on youtube!

Dara, thanks for these sounds.

The M16 and AK-47 sounds are my favorite yet. When I watch youtube videos, no 2 videos of the same gun are the same, but these from your pack have the best 'average sound'.

To get sounds for the BIS sound.pbo M60, PKM and .50 you have to cut all the reverb and leave only the very small first miliseconds of the shot. I think BIS did this originaly because of the frame rate.

I recomend you use the JAM repeater shots, use some program to cut the reverb (I use WAVOSAUR freeware and very easy to use) and voila: The AI doesn't seem to be firing 1 shot per minute anymore. For the .50 sound, choose some mod or sound with very heavy bass and cut the reverb as well. The AI doesn't have firing rate problems with the .50, no need for repeaters.

Other SOUND.pbo limitations (not critic of your sound pack, just observation of BIS original limitation that you might find useful):

AK74 and AK47 sound the same;

EAST small caliber coaxial guns (BMP-1/2, T72, T55) have M60mg sound;

EAST boat has PKM model but .50 sound.

Shilka, Vulcan, AH1, AH64, Mi24 all same cannon sound.

A10 and Su24 same (very puny) cannon sound;

Original BIS Addon guns (steyr, g36),Resistance addons are not affected by sound.pbo;

Get the soundlddk:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=86182&page=60

Gets many of the other sounds fixed.

Glad you like it.

Yes OFP has some limitation and lots of vehicles and guns use the same sounds...

Like you said AH64, Mi24, Vulkan and Shilka use the sam Gun sounds, i replaced it with a new sound but when i tested it was ok untill i put 3 Shilka AA to shoot at enemy Airplane the sounds where overlaping each other and it sounded like a broken record (it was realy annoying) so i left the original sound

Thats the problem with OFP, todays game have different sound sistem (like in ARMA, Battlefield Bad Company2, Medal of Honor) thay use different sounds depending the distance...gun sounds diferent when fired at 1m, 50 and 100m or if fired in woodland area (more trees to reflect sound) or desert

Sometime when a few soldiers fire the same sound at the same time it can sound strange and funny thats why BIS original sound were short and simple

If you have used some sounds from ECP, I wonder if you would consider making it properly compatible with ECP. I'd envision it as follows:

Assuming the sounds have the same names as BIS' original
Sound.pbo
, you could -

1. Install it as you have described: extract Sound.pbo, replace with new sounds, re-pbo OR

2. Pack sounds in a separate file, eg. Dara_Sounds.pbo and utilise an edited version of sound_dr.h in the ECP modfolder.

ECP already has more diversity in sounds over vanilla OFP, largely due to defining new weapons for vehicles. However, similarly to privateguba's observation, that generally does not cover official addons (eg. BMP2 or the Resistance expansion).

Thats a litle bit more than i can handle, it was easy to replace sound but to make the compatible to ECP is a bit harder!

Plus im kinda busy with making the map :)

I also imported the sound to the WW4 mod by Sanctuary so if anyone plays ww4 mod and likes to have m16, ak74 rpg, law and explosion sounds in it i can upload the sound file and post a link :681:

great work! but the download link is not avaliable now. can anyone reupload it?