Sign in to follow this  
Petko

Disabling player markers

Hi!

I have two issues to solve with markers.

1. I would like to force off the self showing map marker for a certain player unit without regards to the difficulty settings.

2. I would like a certain player unit to be not able to place double click map markers global, which means i dont want him to be able to place markers for his side to see and also backwards i dont want him to see markers placed by others on his side. He doesnt have radio, but when i tested even without radio he can see the markers placed by others, and also others can see his markers.

markers cannot afaik be turned off or limited, you can however remove the map from the soldier and he cannot use it to place markers

You can take the map away from player that you dont want to place markers. Do you use ACE? If so you can do some different things with the ace markder. Check this link

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Features goto tracking on page 81-90 and lick on notes for some examples

thank you both!

the truth is, he wont have a map at the beginning of the game, because he is a hostage, but after a while he may get one... thats when i dont want him to send his position to his side

You can make a trigger to continually remove maps from his inventory.

Activated repeatedly, condition: "ItemMap" in weapons hostage, on act: hostage removeWeapon "ItemMap"