Sign in to follow this  
andrea0373

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Is that the HGU-55P helmet? Made it by yourself? I'm just curious if they are from fdf mod because I tried contacting them.

Yeah.. those are some nice pilots. I believe I tried to get in contact with him, but got no answer. So I had to model my own and my skills I would say are at a advanced beginner state. I am learning a lot and I am sure I will make some future improvements to these works. My concern atm is getting a decently nice addon put together.

I had focused on this pilot the past few weeks and not worked on the F/A-18. I am gearing up to start focusing on finishing up and moving into a Beta stage on the F/A-18. I still would like to add some Navy variants and the F/A-18E. Of course some of you are familiar with the time that it takes to model, texture, script.... so once again I cant give time lines all I can do is give updates.

This thing is looking pretty sexy. I was messing around with the Nimitz today and thought "I need a F-18." Keep up the nice work!

This thing is looking pretty sexy. I was messing around with the Nimitz today and thought "I need a F-18." Keep up the nice work!

You can always play with the FDF Mod F-18C while you wait, like i do.

You can always play with the FDF Mod F-18C while you wait, like i do.

can you post a link or PM me a link??

Thats an enormous download!

Is there anywere to get it in sections? I've been looking for an ARMAII compatible F18 for a long time...

Pilot looking nice there Meatball0311. Since you have try to get in touch with PKW pilots and got no answer maybe try FDF team. There is some nice pilots out there and im sure you could cut that time in half if you could get them pilots from PKW or FDF. Your getting better and better at this, keeps the goods going.

I cant wait to fly this beast! I've always wanted to land an F18 on a carrier in arma. There is just one deal breaker for me...the engine sound needs to be good/realistic.

Thanks for your hard work and keeping us updated:cool:

Thats an enormous download!

Is there anywere to get it in sections? I've been looking for an ARMAII compatible F18 for a long time...

Simple solution, actually the one i have:

Since i only wanted the Land Rover 5D and the F-18, install it, copy the weapons,sounds,men,conf and air.PBOs to somewhere else, unninstall and then place those copied ones to a modfolder of your choice (note: if you also want the landrover also copy the cars pbo :P )

i have tryed to land the FDF F/A-18C on a carrier its pretty hard

approach the carrier at about ~210-230 indicated airspeed, flaps full down, and try make the back wheels touch first. SOmetimes when you land nose first or go too fast the landing gear breaks and u to a belly landing (of course this only aplys to the nimitz, since it should be where u land it, not the khe sanh).

i apologize for the offtopic explanation, just trying to help out.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Gentleman, I think it would be more appropriate to talk about FDF issues here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116341

Moving on now... this week is going to be a busy one for me.. as I have family visiting. I will be working on the F/A-18 in my spare time. The project is getting closer to an acceptable state and I will now be concentrating on the necessary touch-ups. Will post updates when I get them. Thanks for your interest!

i cant wait until this gets realesed.. this addon is looking like its getting the same kind of hype as when a new game is announced :)

Hmm....those pesky touch-ups :D

Can't wait to fly around in it.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Sorry for the absence, but I had family visiting and other issues. I will be working on the F/A-18 along with some other project I had started and would like to complete. I will say that the other project I will finish before focusing 100% on the F/A-18 again. Sorry, but I must finish what I started. I feel that the F/A-18 should be ready after I finish the startup sequence and correct the navigation system. Thank you for your patience...

Sorry for the absence, but I had family visiting and other issues. I will be working on the F/A-18 along with some other project I had started and would like to complete. I will say that the other project I will finish before focusing 100% on the F/A-18 again. Sorry, but I must finish what I started. I feel that the F/A-18 should be ready after I finish the startup sequence and correct the navigation system. Thank you for your patience...

Take your time, make it to the standard you want. Dont worry about if it takes another couple of weeks, the end result you are happy with is the most important. Addon making in my experience is getting it right for yourself, as it is your spare time you do it in. Others will just have to learn to wait. :)

Only release it when you're happy about it, take your time, i was also waiting for a while now for that M109, and its here :), so, best of luck with everything.

please meatball tell me that the work about this plane is complete ........ :D

I can do this for You :) Here You go:

Hey, Kilgore69, work about this plane is complete ........

Happier now? :P :D

Thank you all for your patience as I know I have been wanting to give you guys something. I have gotten my MARSOC Marine Special Operation Teams out to the public and they are at point to where I can start focusing a little more on the F/A-18. I cant make any promises as to a day, but I am really hoping to get something out soon.

Once again thank you for your patience and for following the progress of this project. I would like to thank all that have helped me... [GLT] Myke, ANZACSAS Steve, F2F_BHO and many others for their help in this.

great new meatball. we thank you very much for hard ang good work. please edit the download soon so we can to appreciate.

bye.......:yay:

What will probably happen is there will be a released version 1.0. There are more things that I would like to add, but I dont think I will have the time at the moment. So what I am going to do is get her prettied up enough to release to you guys for testing. I will make improvements as time passes.

I am guessing and hoping that I can get her ready by the end of this week, but cant make any promises. There is a lot in getting something ready for release so take that into consideration.

Once again thanks for following this, and thank you for your patience.

Now I cruise this thread regularly like a lot of folk I suppose and that is the best news I have heard yet Meatball.

Thanks!! ;)