Sign in to follow this  
andrea0373

F/A-18 Super Hornet

I dunno if this has been asked (and yes i did take the time to skim through the thread for references to it) , but are you planning on making a GROWLER variant of the f-18? where as i know for stock players that might be pointless and for looks only, but on the other hand if you were to get with MANDO about the idea he may be willing to implement functionality for it in his amazing MMA. I hope i'm not going way off by asking this and highly await your excellent addon. Thank you for all the hard work it is really appreciated by some. :)

Bug, Super Bug, Rhino, legacy Hornet, Super Hornet, Super Airbrake... Pfft, who cares. :p

lol indeed as long as it looks like a f18 and fly's its good :D

I dunno if this has been asked (and yes i did take the time to skim through the thread for references to it) , but are you planning on making a GROWLER variant of the f-18? where as i know for stock players that might be pointless and for looks only, but on the other hand if you were to get with MANDO about the idea he may be willing to implement functionality for it in his amazing MMA. I hope i'm not going way off by asking this and highly await your excellent addon. Thank you for all the hard work it is really appreciated by some. :)

That would be a great idea, but I dont see a GROWLER variant being released in the immediate future.

I am finishing up on a project that I started and should post some screenshots soon..

UPDATE:

Here is what I have been working on the past few days.. I have been wanting one a these for sometime now and motivated myself to model one. Getting closer to a point of release. This project took sometime and needs to be touched up. I am still working on the Angle of Attack Indexer. Thought I would release this to show the progress... enjoy

5BsbwOYYgsY

no its a g-suite and a flight helmet not like the standart BIS

Gnat;1939428']? A preview of the Nimitz and some guys crotch .....

:confused:

No' date=' the video is previewing the Marine Aviator I modeled. I am including a Pilot with oxygen mask.....

no its a g-suite and a flight helmet not like the standart BIS

Thanks for the clarification!

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Nice work there Meatball0311, some fighter pilots would be an nice add to OA. PKW back in ArmA made some top notch ones: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2882&highlight=PKW If you can get in touch with any of them they could help you out. Maybe you can see if you can convert them over to OA. Keeps the good going.

Yeah those are some nice units.... thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Meatball0311

1. At the moment the external tanks have no purpose except for cosmetic reasons.

I'd really like to see that cosmetic reasons under the wings. :)

I'd really like to see that cosmetic reasons under the wings. :)

If i knew how to set custom weapon stations, all manner of sexy configs would appear in a matter of days...did it in YSFlight, wish i could do it in Arma...but i can't....

A custom pilot, eh? I aprove :thumbsup:

On the growler suggestion made above i believe you could include a Radar Jammer System like there is on the A319/320 MPAs and those funny looking ECM pods with the little dynamo fans :D

I'm seriously hooked to this thread waiting for updates.... Can't wait for this to be released!

"Getting ahead of myself" is probably an understatement here, but any ideas what you might turn your hand to next?

I know a guy who'd love a couple Seahawks with all the trimmings ;)

I wanted to post some screenshots of what I have been working on these past few days. I totally changed the previous fighter pilot I modeled and I am pretty pleased with this.

I haven't worked on the F/A-18F and there are a few things I need to touch up on. Once again I appreciate your patience and the project is moving along slowly but surely.. thanks.

arma2OA2011-06-0221-51-15-66.png

arma2OA2011-06-0222-11-11-25.png

Edited by Meatball0311

aah very nice meatball, that pilot looks even better than the previous one :D its getting better and better :P

Nice work on the pilots.

Long time ago i have retexture some fighter pilots from arma1 .

I dont remember the addon maker from this great addon .

aces_pilot.jpg

cya

eddyD

If its PKW it means its by "Yac" i think.

There are very nice pilots in Unsung now so i reckon he has developed them further.