Sign in to follow this  
andrea0373

F/A-18 Super Hornet

UPDATE:

New features added. I know that I need to tweak a few things and am working on it atm. I want to add few more things that I have planned. The video is not the best quality so dont watch it in full screen.... :)

I deleted video.. will post a better one.. sorry for the inconvenience :)

Edited by Meatball0311

Are those MFD's done up how I think they are done up?

With hiddenselections or setobjectexture etc. or a similar method, where it would even be possible to change them in-flight via a script?

Are those MFD's done up how I think they are done up?

With hiddenselections or setobjectexture etc. or a similar method, where it would even be possible to change them in-flight via a script?

they are setobjectTexture..

I fixed the nav lights up a lot better.. they are much nicer. Will post a video soon showing the new lights and maybe some carrier ops :) I am going to add more to the MFD's... I am staying up late tonight!!

I must say, excellent work done thus far, I wasn't expecting you'd bring the girl so far but I am thrilled to see you and the team are, looking forward to seeing more :).

I must say, excellent work done thus far, I wasn't expecting you'd bring the girl so far but I am thrilled to see you and the team are, looking forward to seeing more :).

Thanks.. I did some fixing to the lights and all.. now working on some other things. I got a better quality HD video coming soon...

HD quality...

*Improved Navigation Lights

*Added Startup sequence to MFD

I still have more to do and improve on, but I am learning a lot on the way.

Oh, yeah check out my second approach...

lgQneHQarko

my secret lair..... :)

hmmm from the altitude ive flown, that looks like 29 Palms baby!

hmmm from the altitude ive flown, that looks like 29 Palms baby!

Dont tell anyone.. I dont want to be found;)

I am dying to post something, but I need to get some things finished up first...

Oh Meatball! You are such a freaking tease......

Nice landing BTW.

There isnt any major changes, but some new ones. I will hopefully have something to show by the end of the weekend (I am GMT -7).

“All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us....they can't get away this time.

â€General 'Chesty' Puller

[uSMC,when surrounded by 8 enemy divisions during the Korean War.]

Oorah!!!!! General Chesty Puller, a great Marine!!! If only more men could be like him these days.....

No worries mate.... We can wait.... No need to rush...

That is absolutely amazing. You have done an excellent job, thus far.

Take your time man. Rather a polished, fine tuned war machine then a glued together, duct tape held one ^^ Hope you understand what I meant XD

I've been following this incredible work that you are developing. I'm anxious for the release of these models that I'm not sleeping right . I wonder if you guys have planned for the release date for us mere mortals.

PS I would like to be part of the test group of Alpha Version .

Congratulations for the amazing work

Take your time man. Rather a polished, fine tuned war machine then a glued together, duct tape held one ^^ Hope you understand what I meant XD

when i was in the army i found lots and lots of duct tape vehicles including choppers and planes so please for realism sake release a duct tape version :P

just kidding i can only say realy good job so far and i am awaiting the release patiently

I've been following this incredible work that you are developing. I'm anxious for the release of these models that I'm not sleeping right . I wonder if you guys have planned for the release date for us mere mortals.

PS I would like to be part of the test group of Alpha Version .

Congratulations for the amazing work

I am wanting to release a beta version soon, I am trying to add a few more working instruments to the cockpit and then will consider some type of release.

I understand how many of you feel and believe me I am motivated to get this out to you as fast as I can. Please understand that I have taught myself all that I know about modeling, scripting, configs, texturing, normal mapping, copying and pasting ;) (of course I would like to thank also all the people who have answered my questions). So this is moving as fast as possible, as I am working alone atm. I am optimistically thinking that something should come in the near future.

when i was in the army i found lots and lots of duct tape vehicles including choppers and planes so please for realism sake release a duct tape version :P

just kidding i can only say realy good job so far and i am awaiting the release patiently

I feel you.. we had some of those in the Marines. ;)

Edited by Meatball0311

Finally got something new to show you guys and this is a nice addition...

*Added working RWR supplied by [GLT] MYKE (thanks it works great!)

*Added working Landing Gear indicators

*Added a working additional compass

*Centered Pilots View (I like it the way it is now, it now allows you to have important instrument panels in centered view. I must correct some aspects of it and align the pilot's body to the position. Will fix in next update.

*Modeled an Angle of Attack Indexer, which will help in landing. This is not functional yet and I am still learning how to get it working properly. This is something that will determine a release date, so bear with me on this.

Enjoy....

rMfRNZmN4e0

**I am wanting to do a little more touching up and eventually improve the cockpit textures. Also an important fact is I have only been working on the new ;) Marine F/A-18F variant.. will get to some F/A-18E US Navy soon

Edited by Meatball0311

Quite a nice face lift you've given her on the analogue instruments,and I must say I'm impressed with what you guys have done with the bird thus far, it is nice to see that a version of her will make it into Arma2 with the same spirit she had back then, features features features.

I am wanting to release a beta version soon, I am trying to add a few more working instruments to the cockpit and then will consider some type of release.

I understand how many of you feel and believe me I am motivated to get this out to you as fast as I can. Please understand that I have taught myself all that I know about modeling, scripting, configs, texturing, normal mapping, copying and pasting (of course I would like to thank also all the people who have answered my questions). So this is moving as fast as possible, as I am working alone atm. I am optimistically thinking that something should come in the near future.

Wonderful!

Very good work congratulations again. Just to know that I will soon fly this model already consoles me.

Regards

Love the new features you're adding. Can't wait to join this to the F-18C i already use : D

Keep it up and good luck!