Sign in to follow this  
andrea0373

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Thank you all for being patient.. dont worry I have been working on this all weekend and it is getting put together. There are some scripting errors that I need to fix, but I can get the bird in the air and all is looking good. I thank you all for giving me time to do this.. and remember.. I want to get this out to you as soon as possible. Will check back in soon... good hunting!!

THANK YOU also for doing this for us and putting so much time in it, can't wait till you release and test it, keep it up.

Things are getting closer, as I stayed up late last night fixing some issues. Basically, the plane is flying and in game. There are just a few more things I would like to fix. I am getting ready to send a test copy to my partner and then I will report back. Once again thanks for your support and for patiently waiting... thanks!

Things are getting closer, as I stayed up late last night fixing some issues. Basically, the plane is flying and in game. There are just a few more things I would like to fix. I am getting ready to send a test copy to my partner and then I will report back. Once again thanks for your support and for patiently waiting.

We're looking forward to it. We'll all be patiently waiting. ;)

This is great news, pics look awesome :)

UPDATE:

Basically I got the F/A-18F variant flying with no errors. Now I need to do some finishing up touches and tests.

Here are some screenshots:

arma2OA2011-03-2019-29-25-25.jpg

arma2OA2011-03-2019-27-58-47.jpg

arma2OA2011-03-2019-24-28-01.jpg

UPDATE:

Basically I got the F/A-18F variant flying with no errors. Now I need to do some finishing up touches and tests.

Here are some screenshots:

[OMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/Meatball0311/arma2OA2011-03-2019-29-25-25.jpg[/img]

[OMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/Meatball0311/arma2OA2011-03-2019-27-58-47.jpg[/img]

[OMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/Meatball0311/arma2OA2011-03-2019-24-28-01.jpg[/img]

Hey,

It's looking good...but it looks like the wheels are halfway through the floor. May want to lower the land contact points a little. :)

Abs

You speak as if this glorious flying machine is only days away! Is this true or have I been misreading the implications in your posts?

Okay Meatball, coming from FSXF and Flight sim, the difference between the C/D and E/F body style wise, are the C/D have crescent style intakes, while the E/F have rectangular intakes, also the E/F employ no speed brake but instead use the rudders (from VRS superbug play on MS flight sim).

You speak as if this glorious flying machine is only days away! Is this true or have I been misreading the implications in your posts?

Technically it is only days away, the question is how many? :D I won't give any deadlines, but I hope to give you guys something in a week or so... (maybe longer or sooner)

maybe 2 F18's released in a few days?

When the final version is released, I am hoping to have:

U.S. Navy (USN)

VFA-136 KnightHawks

F/A-18E

F/A-18F

U.S. Marines (USMC)

VMFA (AW)-533 Hawks

F/A-18F

Maybe some other added goodies...

But first things first, I am getting my USMC F/A-18F up and going..

Okay Meatball, coming from FSXF and Flight sim, the difference between the C/D and E/F body style wise, are the C/D have crescent style intakes, while the E/F have rectangular intakes, also the E/F employ no speed brake but instead use the rudders (from VRS superbug play on MS flight sim).

Thats affirmative, the differences in body style is really minor, that is why I feel comfortable releasing a USMC F/A-18F first, then working on that D variant for all of us "lovers of realism" :)

Well I got some things I must do today, so I will work on this in times of opportunity. Will check back soon... Once again thanks for following this progress!

When the final version is released, I am hoping to have:

U.S. Navy (USN)

VFA-136 KnightHawks

F/A-18E

F/A-18F

U.S. Marines (USMC)

VMFA (AW)-533 Hawks

F/A-18F

I Hope that the "Addon-Maker" Build the Faction U.S. Navy (USN) in the Editor

We need order in the editor!

Chaos reigns at the many addons !

All the length and breadth !

As yet no one looks through !

I Hope that the "Addon-Maker" Build the Faction U.S. Navy (USN) in the Editor

We need order in the editor!

Chaos reigns at the many addons !

All the length and breadth !

As yet no one looks through !

Yes I feel your pain.. the U.S. Navy F/A-18's will be under the Faction USN

Thats affirmative, the differences in body style is really minor, that is why I feel comfortable releasing a USMC F/A-18F first, then working on that D variant for all of us "lovers of realism"

Well I got some things I must do today, so I will work on this in times of opportunity. Will check back soon... Once again thanks for following this progress!

As stated earlier Super Hornet is 30% bigger then C/D version. But differences doesn't end here... I think it would be easier to model it from start then size down E/F version. And I'm not saying you should - just would be much better with "new" model.

BTW

@Meatball & F2F_BHO:Have you guys talked about C/D models?

;1879143']As stated earlier Super Hornet is 30% bigger then C/D version. But differences doesn't end here... I think it would be easier to model it from start then size down E/F version. And I'm not saying you should - just would be much better with "new" model.

BTW

@Meatball & F2F_BHO:Have you guys talked about C/D models?

Yes we have talked about the C/D models.. atm I will finish the ones I started then I would like to move onto the C/D variants. This may take sometime however' date=' my modelling skills are getting better so it may take me sometime.

Could you put USN navy ones is same usn faction as the nimitz?

will look into it..

Goodie Goodie Goodie Goodie Goodie!!!!!!! When PRACS canceled the realease of their F/A-18 I almost died. According to NZDFCRASH his one is coming out soon. But to suddenly discover one that might be coming out in a week! And now FDF has released 1.0 which includes a F-18C air sup version. God its like my Birthday has come a week early!

Goodie Goodie Goodie Goodie Goodie!!!!!!! When PRACS canceled the realease of their F/A-18 I almost died. According to NZDFCRASH his one is coming out soon. But to suddenly discover one that might be coming out in a week! And now FDF has released 1.0 which includes a F-18C air sup version. God its like my Birthday has come a week early!

I know you are excited.. but please remember my exact words

I won't give any deadlines, but I hope to give you guys something in a week or so... (maybe longer or sooner)

I know you are excited.. but please remember my exact words

Yeah I know, my point is just knowing that there is yet another F/A-18 in the works makes me extremely happy. I do remember your exact words. Quick question though. Does the F/A-18F planes you are planning on releasing have foldable wings, or maybe a script to do so? I am a big fan of JDog's USS Nimitz (probably due to my love of the Hornet). And I thought to make a genuine looking battlegroup, it would be good to have a few hornets with folded wings out on the deck, and maybe a couple with wings extended ready for deployment (like a qrf). the FDF one which I just tried out doesn't (probably because the Finnish don't need them to be folded anyway). So yeah, just thought I'd ask if they do or if you have plans to make a script or something. Cheers! :)