Sign in to follow this  
Vast

How to make an debreifing to show at the End

I was wondering. How can you make the debriefing show at the end of the mission.

I know that you need to make a "End1" trigger to make the debriefing. But I don't know how to get it to show.

If theirs a forum that already answers my question. Please post the link. But I did check first before I post.

Thank you.

You have to set any trigger condition (for example - trigger will starts when player kills enemy), set right type of trigger (End #1) and you have to make file briefing.html which sets text for End1.

This should helps to you:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Triggers

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Briefing.html

If you DePBO a mission that has a briefing.html you can edit the briefing with notepad.

The tools are available from Armaholic.com

I'm also having this same problem, when playing a mission I created it will show the debriefing in single player but whenever I play my mission coop it just returns to the lobby without showing a debriefing screen.

G'day Vast,

I was wondering. How can you make the debriefing show at the end of the mission.

I know that you need to make a "End1" trigger to make the debriefing. But I don't know how to get it to show.

If theirs a forum that already answers my question. Please post the link. But I did check first before I post.

Thank you.

If you want to have a debriefing at the end of the mission, what you need to do (well what I like to do) is to add a a normal trigger that activates whenever the condition you set happens and then play your cutscene within the mission. You can use the cutText command to smoothly fade out and into your cutscene and use selectNoPlayer and selectPlayer to switch to an entirely different place on a map. You can then execute the "outro_cutscene.sqf" and at the end of the file have a endMissioncommand. So basically, you would have a trigger that looks something like this:

_trg = createTrigger["EmptyDetector", getMarkerPos _EnemyBase];
_trg setTriggerArea [1000, 1000, 100, false];
_trg setTriggerActivation ["EAST", "NOT PRESENT", true];
_trg setTriggerStatements ["this", "_nil = [] execVM 'debriefing.sqf'", ""]; 

And in "debriefing.sqf" you could have:

cutText ["", "BLACK OUT", "5"];
sleep 5;
selectNoPlayer;
selectPlayer _newPlayer;
_nil = [] execVM "outro_cutscene.sqf";

And "outro_cutscene.sqf" would look something like:

cutText ["", "BLACK IN", 5];
lt_Dan switchMove "briefing animation";
pvt_West switchMove "sit down animation";
sgt_Johnson switchMove "smoke cigar animation";
cutText ["", "BLACK OUT", "5"];
sleep 5;
endMission;

I hope this helps,

undercoverbrother

Do you have a "briefing.html" file?

This is the first question the OP should answer.

Until Vast gets back to us, does anyone have an answer to my question?

I'm also having this same problem, when playing a mission I created it will show the debriefing in single player but whenever I play my mission coop it just returns to the lobby without showing a debriefing screen.[/Quote]

i'm not sure what you mean, as far as I know you can only get to the editor from the main menu via singleplayer -> Editor

Multiplayer > New > OK > <<New - Editor>> > Play

oh wow, sweet thanks ill check it out :D

ok testing it from the MP editor it still does the same thing

to test it I put a trigger on radio alpha which completes all the objectives once called, it just jumps back to the server screen with no debriefing.

I have

"debriefing=1;"

at the end of my description.ext file, do I need to do anything else?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

wait nvm its a problem on my end

EDIT: Okay for some reason if I have more than one argument (e.g. task1done && task2done & . . .) on my end trigger it makes the debriefing flash up for a split second and then goes back to the server screen

Edited by Wraith_V