Sign in to follow this  
Melmarkian

[SP] Rob the enemy

Hey,

I started messing around with the editor 2 weeks ago and really liked it a lot. I try(!!) to construct a campaign at the moment and so far i have 4 missions that are ready to be played but lack a lot of polishing (And they are horrible mod dependent which is causing me a lot of trouble to remove).

So now i decided to release one of the missions (acually number 4) here. The briefing is not finished because i´m having difficulties at setting up english texts( as you may noticed :) ). But I included a few chats to clarify some things.

Overview:

Your Squad and group of Takistani Locals try to rob some weapons and supply. You will begin at the south of Karachinar and fight your way to a supply depot in the southern part of the town. When the area is cleared, one of your allys will move the truck with the supplys to the meeting point. You will then advance to the north and clear this part of Karachinar. There is a truck standing by for you to load the crates at the enemy camp (You need to park the truck near the crates to get the loading action). Then try to make it to the meeting point.

http://www.mediafire.com/?987ko45kgkr4365

Armaholic mirror:

- Rob the enemy

Thanks Big!

There is no intro, because it wouldn´t make much sense without the campaign context. Hopefully everything in the mission works as it should.

hint: if the first truck is damaged you get a chance to repair it. The chat is modified in that case and you get some time to fix it.

Thanks to Monsada for the great UPSMON!

I hope you enjoy the mission!

Edited by Melmarkian

Ive just tried your mission and I like it, youve chosen good locations and the locals knocking about the market adds some atmos! I did have a problem with the last objective though, when I arrive nothing much seems to happen, it didnt seem to complete.

Anyway I'll look forward to your future missions/campaign.

Hey,

I´m glad you enjoyed the mission. About the not ending:

I have to fix it. The mission only ends when you are at the dropsite and the enemy aircraft is down. I thought the friendly soldiers would kill them when you reach the meeting point. And there should be a few AA weapons at the site.

But there is clearly a message missing to point you at that.

The other missions are nearly ready. Intro/outro and briefing for mission 1-3 is 95% done. I just can´t get rid of the ACE dependence of them, so the first version will require it.

Always be sure to make your missions without addons that arent used in the mission. No matter if you dont use any assets from a mod/addon it will still most likely be needed.

So only edit your missions with the addons that are planned for it to skip trouble. ;)

The mission only ends when you are at the dropsite and the enemy aircraft is down. I thought the friendly soldiers would kill them when you reach the meeting point. And there should be a few AA weapons at the site.

I noticed 2 aircraft, a drone and a helicopter, but both seemed well out of range of AA weapons from the meeting point, maybe a trigger that ends the mission when they're out of reasonable range might work?

Following on from the point Alex made, using a Arma2 launcher with multiple profiles, then setting up one profile with the bare minimum of addons can be a good idea when mission editing, saves problems later.

I will follow your hint with the addons in the future. I got really enough problems with them.

I know what could have went wrong with the last bit: The Drone will always follow you, the script center it always at your position. But the Heli can sometimes pick the remaining guerillias as targets. I have to delete them or set captive.

I did try the last part again and knocked out the aircraft and occupants, but the mission didnt end. Overall still an enjoyable mission.:)

Updated the mission in the first post just a little bit:

Simplified the last part a bit. The heli now works without guard and you should encouter it more likely. Ending should work now.