Reezo

COOP 06 - Roadblock Duty (ACE)

Thanks guys! Happy to know you're having fun with it. I will improve it, I am busy now developing an ACE RWR radar and it's taking most of my time. But I will be back on it ;)

Sounds interesting. Will give it a go.

Great great mission, actually it´s almost triple great :yay:

The best thing about it is that you are carried away from the usual "kill them all" & "blow up xyz" ritual - which honestly - arma´s poor editor usage dictates. So mega thumbs up for (enduring) making something different in the first place!

Little suggestion (well aware that arma makes a huge task out of everyting :D):

None of the unharmful vehicles drove further after being stopped by us. There wasn´t an option to call them drive on either .. so after some time we accuired a car lot, complete with civilians, as we personally drove the vehicles off the road besides the checkpoint to clear it.

Would be sheer awesomeness if they reacted to the ACE2 hand gestures (i.e. "Stop" & "Go"). Don´t know if this is even achieveable, x´ing my fingers.

and ... the 'honest' traffic are stopping much too close to the checkpoint for my comfort. (smile)

IF they were bad guys By the time they come to a stop it would be too late anyway. LOL!

True. We played with an "experienced road block person" and according to him we´d lit ´em all up for what it´s worth once they passed the obvious stopping sign &/or came too close to us.

Biggest gripe here, is that even warning shots are comprehended by civilians as "get out of car and stand around stupid for hours". Probably nothing one can do about that ...

Edited by Mr Burns

Lol thanks guys. This mission is being crazy on me as well, I love how my own brain revolved against me in this mission ehehe

Anyway, yes I'll try and improve it. To make a civilian go away, you bring up you map and use a radio trigger in your radio (the item).

Authorizing passages should be done only if you are sure the engineer sends a green light, because the guy could blow himself up. But he could blow up when you check him out, too. The actual explosive can be seen if you carefully look into the car, depending on the model it should be possible to spot it..

Anyway, thanks a lot guys for the great, great words. AI behaviour can be unpredictable at times but that is what makes it fun, it is virtually impossible to know what will happen in this mission..sometimes you are checking a car and enemies arrive at the same time, taking you by surprise, other times you wait forever and noone arrives..other times you just think it's boring and the whole roadblock is blown up by a fancy Lada lol

Anyway, yes I'll try and improve it. To make a civilian go away, you bring up you map and use a radio trigger in your radio (the item).

Authorizing passages should be done only if you are sure the engineer sends a green light, because the guy could blow himself up. But he could blow up when you check him out, too. The actual explosive can be seen if you carefully look into the car, depending on the model it should be possible to spot it..

ouw ouw, another suggestion i forgot:

How about adding all that info to the notes section in the briefing screen?

Same goes for the "aim at person for no detonation" procedure. If i hadn´t read about it here and didn´t relay to others we´d well gotten blown up..

It´s not a standard procedure in ArmA (sadly), so you need to make it clear for everyone to know methinks :)

Keep it up! :thumb:

edit: ouw ouw #3: Moveable road signs! Like the "dunno english phrase for it" red/white striped wood thingie standing around between the sandbags and little hut (where no cold beer was to be found)!

In VBS2 lite they had an extendible spike strip object (that didn´t puncture tires when passed, but it was extendible!!) which would be just perfect for this kind of mission, extract for "nogo", retract for "go on". Of course this would mean a whole lot of effort in addon´ish´ness, but that´s just me dreaming *g*

Edited by Mr Burns

Ah thanks for the video! It was great to see this crazy mission of mine at work eheh, you actually made it great by adding all the small details like the HMMWV radio and all the @WTF@ moments which are what is convincing me to make a contest "show off your WTF moments in Roadblock Duty!"

I am thinking of making a lottery out of this lol thanks again for the great video! I really appreciate it :)

Ah thanks for the video! It was great to see this crazy mission of mine at work eheh, you actually made it great by adding all the small details like the HMMWV radio and all the @WTF@ moments which are what is convincing me to make a contest "show off your WTF moments in Roadblock Duty!"

I am thinking of making a lottery out of this lol thanks again for the great video! I really appreciate it :)

Glad you liked it! :)

But I didn't add anything besides music and some text. :) Just booted up the game and ran a test. Didn't go that well. But I have to say, I like the mission. Will play again but with at least one other player.

You're welcome, thanks again!

Why does it require ACE2? Is it hard to convert it to vanilla game?

Why does it require ACE2? Is it hard to convert it to vanilla game?

No, not at all. We play with ACE 100% of the time in our mod line, that is why some of the (minor) scripts in gearing etc. got ACE items in them. It sort of became automatically ACE-made by itself. No particular reason but that.

Pretty much like any mission made on your scenarios, IceBreakr..why do they require your scenarios? Couldn't I just blown up stuff in, let's say, Takistan? No, because I love to use your great work, as well. :)

If the dependency is only in equipment then it should be easy to convert.

As long as the mission concept doesn't rely on ACE-only vehicles/weapons or some ACE systems, any mission should be rather easy to convert to non-ACE.

Haha, this is impossible!

Just played it in Coop (2 ppl).

Most of the time they trigger the IED when you get too close. Or if you start the defusing process.

But It's fun!

Haha, this is impossible!

Just played it in Coop (2 ppl).

Most of the time they trigger the IED when you get too close. Or if you start the defusing process.

But It's fun!

Thanks! Keep the driver under your crosshair and he will freeze, leaving your EOD guy able to defuse. If you hear the guy praying or shouting, shoot the mofo down.

Stay frosty lads! :)

Thanks! Keep the driver under your crosshair and he will freeze, leaving your EOD guy able to defuse. If you hear the guy praying or shouting, shoot the mofo down.

Well when the sucker shouts it's already too late. Only way is to shoot him when the red action menu "Remove IED" shows up.

Maybe we have an audio delay?

... If you hear the guy praying or shouting, shoot the mofo down.

lmao !!!

There is about half a second between him sending his regards and actually flying to the 72 virgins. During that time two bullets in the chest and one in the head might actually decrease his future, eternal sexual capacity.

Ok sorry /sarcasm :) but really, if he is "not alive" in terms of game or severely wounded, the suicide vest or IED will not go off.

If the bomb is attached to an object, in this case probably his car, remember that damaging the car might set the bomb off.

I could make some kind of scoring system to avoid civilian casualties, but in reality you just take your wild guess and then nobody will ever know what happens in that sad corner of Takistan. It takes a split second to take a wild guess, and after that it is all silence, again..you and your war atmosphere :)

Ok sorry /sarcasm :) but really, if he is "not alive" in terms of game or severely wounded, the suicide vest or IED will not go off.

If the bomb is attached to an object, in this case probably his car, remember that damaging the car might set the bomb off.

I blame it on the .50 cal then. :)

I blame it on the .50 cal then.

Whoops, yeah that can be :)

Wow! This mission is insane! The gameplay is awesome, I could play this for hours! And I love the atmosphere! The immersion is great. I love how the boring roadblock duty can turn into bloody battle in just a matter of seconds! Nuff said, this is one goddamn awesome mission 8) I just wish there was a non-ace version of this. I also would love to see a Chernarus-version for vanilla ArmA 2. If there's something you could improve, you could add a radio or jukebox to the roadblock, so you could listen some music while on duty. It would add immersion even more in my opinion. Great work!

Wow! This mission is insane! The gameplay is awesome, I could play this for hours! And I love the atmosphere! The immersion is great. I love how the boring roadblock duty can turn into bloody battle in just a matter of seconds! Nuff said, this is one goddamn awesome mission 8) I just wish there was a non-ace version of this. I also would love to see a Chernarus-version for vanilla ArmA 2. If there's something you could improve, you could add a radio or jukebox to the roadblock, so you could listen some music while on duty. It would add immersion even more in my opinion. Great work!

but seriously, I am very thankful for this great feedback. You must be insane to love this mission as I do ;)

Pretty please make a non-ace mission so much more guys can use it for their squadnights. We stopped using ACE2 in our team as linux server is unstable enough even without the "extra load" :)

Reezo! Me and my squad mates love this mission. We play it all the time since weeks. We had so much fun on it, that i can't express my graditude!

May I ask your permission to modify some tiny things on it only for internal use of our squad, like the checkpoints layout and gear layout? If there would be some major change or we would like to share it with the community, I will ask again for your permission.