SR5 Tactical

Roadblock Duty

by Reezo

sr5banner11.jpg

v1.0 - March 11th, 2011

Visit us at: www.sr5tactical.net

sr5roadblockduty.jpg

Description:

Your unit is called to perform some roadblock duty after infantry and armored divisions have cleared some towns in Southern Takistan. The civilian population from that area is likely to flee using the road you are guarding. Insurgent forces might try and escape by blending with the locals. This is why you are going to stop and inspect every vehicle coming your way.

Features:

- Enjoy the boring and adventurous task of performing some roadblock duty

- Play at dusk, dawn, evening or night

- ACE Wounding

- Random cars and random civilians driving them or riding along with the driver

- Possible insurgents trying to use the civilians as cover for their escape

- Different reactions: some may stop, some may get scared, some insurgents can see you and start a fight, others can try and break through the roadblock to escape

- Possible IEDs and car-bombs

- IED Detection and Disposal script v1.5RC6

- Keep your gun on the suspect to avoid him triggering bombs, while the engineer checks for IEDs. Triggermen will freeze if you keep your weapon pointed at them. DO NOT take your crosshairs off the suspect at any time! (script-based reactions and calculations)

- Realistic gear and equipment

- Completely randomized for maximum re-playability

- Many other small, nice and hidden features

Requirements:

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 (Core) (tested on V1.9RC2)

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 (Extras)

Credits:

SR5 Tactical, my men ;)

Downloads:

please do not mirror these files so I can continue to provide a one-way destination for future updates

For feedback, email me at info(at)sr5tactical.net or shout your thoughts here.

Enjoy and have fun, see you on the battlefield,

- Reezo

Edited by Reezo

I Love the concept!

But i have a few questions:

"... while the engineer checks for IEDs"

How do u get an AI Engineer to check for IED's?

or How do i check for IED's myself?

I Also get a traffic jam at the check point after a few cars show up.

After the stop the cars with people remain sitting inside never continue on their way.

I know i'm missing something.

I could use a few hints.

Thanx

The engineer is able to detect and eventually defuse IEDs using my IED detection and disposal script. You can get more info on the script suite here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113289

With a server/dedicated server, AI is disabled in this mission. You will have to get a real person in the engineer role and have him check the car while you keep the suspects in your crosshairs :)

When a car stops and you check it and it seems fine you just open your map and select the radio trigger from your radio. This will make the car proceed to its destination.

Vehicles arrive in random delays but - unless a situation occurs - you should be able to clear civilian cars easily..and sometimes you'll have to wait but hey, ArmA is a simulator, isn't it ;) hopefully it's never going to be VERY boring ;)

PS: Download the file again, I've made some minor tweaks I don't want you to miss ;)

I'm actually enjoying this.

A real departure from what we're used to.

Thank you!

ps:

I know you mission makers need feedback to fuel your creative juices,

so please keep on keeping on.

IRIE.

Thank man! This is quite some fuel, indeed ;)

Now make a video out of it and post it on YouTube to really ignite the fuel ;)

UPDATE:

If you downloaded the mission prior to this post, download it again: I've updated the suicide bomber sound with a better one (thanks Viper!)

Edited by Reezo

I was thinking about making something like this in the past, but was wondering how to make you able to tell a car to stop, and how to make civilians "behave".

Haha, I also had a similar idea in the making some time ago but I didn't have the energy/talent to go through with it :)

I will check this one out! Thanks!

Thanks guys! I appreciate your kind words and I really hope you have some great, immersive, ArmA2-unique fun!

Will u be updating this mission with the updated version of the IED detection script?

>salute<

whoa! cant wait to try this with the gang thanks man im sticking it on the sserver

Thanks guys! I will definitely update it when I release v1.6 of the IED Detection and Disposal Script

it should be a matter of days. The core gameplay will stay the same, the mission is already highly tailored to random elements so believe me you won't see much difference with the next scripting..because I've tweaked so much in this, in fact it was the code that got me started to add new things in the IED script, not vice-versa :)

Updated to v1.1

Changelog:

- UPDATED: IED Detection and Disposal Scripts v1.6

Updated to v1.1

Changelog:

- UPDATED: IED Detection and Disposal Scripts v1.6

i don't know what, if anything, changed from the previous version,

BUT the amount of traffic approaching the check point is vastly reduced.

The balance was just right in the original version.

... unless i'm mistaken.

Please Advise.

ty

No balance change whatsoever. It is very random, sometimes it's boring sometimes it is a car cemetery :)

but I will look into it to make sure, I am 99.9% sure I haven't touched anything in the traffic-area :)

No balance change whatsoever. It is very random, sometimes it's boring sometimes it is a car cemetery :)

but I will look into it to make sure, I am 99.9% sure I haven't touched anything in the traffic-area :)

WOW! That was a quick response. Very impressive.

Thanx.

Still luv the mission anyway.

>s<

Thank you for playing it!

I've checked the lines of code and nothing has changed so far. I took the liberty of updating it with my latest version of the IED detection and disposal script so please feel free to download the file again, it will be newer anyway :)

I played this tonight for the first time, we experienced people getting out of their cars at the top of the hill repeatedly before coming down to the roadblock. Any idea what could be causing this?

I played this tonight for the first time, we experienced people getting out of their cars at the top of the hill repeatedly before coming down to the roadblock. Any idea what could be causing this?

It's the AI behaving as such, (mostly when they are afraid to see weird stuff like enemies, bodies, etc.) I don't think there is much I can do, maybe lock the vehicle would work? Not sure..

It's the AI behaving as such, (mostly when they are afraid to see weird stuff like enemies, bodies, etc.) I don't think there is much I can do, maybe lock the vehicle would work? Not sure..

NO! Don't lock the vechiles! Sometimes they need to be moved (manually)

out of the way to decrease the 'clutter'.

Anyway, i back to report my latest attempt:

1 car approached the check in 45 minutes!!!

(while i encourage my buddies to give it "just a few more minutes")

(and my constantly reminding them that's how it can be in real life) :)

Lol that was way too extreme..this mission seems to have a life of its own..probably something happened to the people behind the pass (ACM maybe) lol

A2 magic :)

Updated!

Changelog:

- Updated IED Detection and Disposal Script to v1.6RC3

Updated to v1.3

Changelog:

- Improved behaviour for civilians and insurgents when facing the roadblock

- Made use of the new possibilities offered by IED Detection and Disposal scripts v1.6

- Possible larger passenger numbers with vehicles (e.g. Ikarus) that allow it

- Hidden surprises, of course..

Updated:

- IED Detection and Disposal v1.6RC4

Tried this, had a civilian truck full of ammunition (maybe intended maybe not) and had no clue what we're supposed to do with it?

Also took us a while to figure out that we're supposed to use the radio option to approve vehicles, but then again we have no idea based on what we should approve them or not, since I haven't seen any way to check it.

Overall a very nice concept and nice randomness, just needs a bit of tweaking and for it to be more clear what you are supposed to do with different situations.

Edited by galzohar

and ... the 'honest' traffic are stopping much too close to the checkpoint for my comfort. (smile)

IF they were bad guys By the time they come to a stop it would be too late anyway. LOL!

Still enjoying it as my 'chill out' mission.

THANX AGAIN!