smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

If the primary weapon is empty and you continue clicking on the fire button, you will quickly swap to your pistol automaticly, the same thing should work also the other way.

This is extreemly useful for combat situations and reduces the weapon change sequence by half.

umm im trying to play this mod called island life and it says 'smk_anims_manger' requires addon 'smk_anims'

sharpy78, have you checked that you actually have all 4 files from the DL in your SMK addons folder (smk_anims.pbo, smk_anims.pbo.smk.bisign, smk_anims_manager.pbo and smk_anims_manager.pbo.smk.bisign)?

Are you running any addons/mods (besides CBA which is required for SMK) or beta patches together with this animations pack?

Try adding the "-skipIntro" flag. After spending nearly an hour trying to figure the same error out with our groups mod set, we finally tracked it down to this. Strange, confusing, non-intuitive??? Yes, yes, and YES... But it does seem to work just fine after that.

I can confirm this works, at least for me. Nice one.

HUGE relief, having to choose between ACE and the animations was horrible, game felt unplayable without both running!

Excellent mod, totally changed my gaming experience.

Thanks for a great find on "-skipIntro" flag.

Great mod is working OK, But somethimes the IA get stuk and dont move for nothing

If the primary weapon is empty and you continue clicking on the fire button, you will quickly swap to your pistol automaticly, the same thing should work also the other way.

This is extreemly useful for combat situations and reduces the weapon change sequence by half.

This doesn't work for me, and not sure it's an actual part of this addon, as there's no mention of it anywhere..

No other major issues noted, running with ACE, all seems fine so far

Maybe you already know this, but If you press turbo key + W when you are facing a wall you can walk through it. Sometimes you get killed in the process other times you get injured.

You can also use it to look inside buildings through walls.

I can only make this happen on OA maps.

EDIT: With Urban prone you can crawl under gates/doors that are closed.

This happens both on OA and arma maps.

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

Maybe you already know this, but If you press turbo key + W when you are facing a wall you can walk through it. Sometimes you get killed in the process other times you get injured.

You can also use it to look inside buildings through walls.

Maybe adjusting the collision model or something can do something to help with this issue?

Try adding the "-skipIntro" flag. After spending nearly an hour trying to figure the same error out with our groups mod set, we finally tracked it down to this. Strange, confusing, non-intuitive??? Yes, yes, and YES... But it does seem to work just fine after that.
Thanks for a great find on "-skipIntro" flag.

Info on "-skipIntro":

Just tested "-skipIntro" here. With all our mods running (around 5 GB :) ). It works here with or without it. So it is not consistent.

But I think that everyone should use "-skipIntro". Especially if the in-game editor is used. It speeds things up quite a bit.

Edited by Boxter.dk

Add this after your Arm2OA.exe -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@CBA;

and your game starts up faster. With -skipIntro alone you still have the splash screens as -nosplash removes the splash screens,

but still enables the menu to load with a movie, the -skipintro disables this movie on the menu.

So far, everyone I know who had the problem resolved it by using -skipintro.

is there a way to not make the AI do sniper sit? cuz they still will not come out of it once they do it even if i order them to regroup or stand up

I hear you Choki, I just made this:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/21776

Hope it helps. I love using these animations, but I hate the fact that AI still get stuck in Sniper Sit

Yes thats the problem. Thanks for posting this, I wait for the fix :yay:

Hey man! Love this addon! I had one question similar to this issue posted a couple of pages ago.

I am also having trouble with back to wall. Works perfectly on any fence on Utes or Chernarus but as soon I try to use a building (Tower on Utes runway for example) it doesn't work.

EDIT: This was on vanilla.

Is there a way to revert this with the recent version? Or does it have to use the check system?

Thanks!

Edited by Genesis92x

RC2 should be out in a week.

RC2 should be out in a week.

In that case, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Great work! Officially in use by Task Force 215:)

Only problems i see issues with wall lean only working on some buildings, wall climb is a bit unreliable but its still very awesome to have, and the fast combat walk and slow look a bit floaty if you know what i mean. But these are just minor problems,and the positives far outweigh the negatives....

oh and i have also noticed compatibility issues with some of the ace weapons, doesnt bother us too much just something that would be nice to have working in the future.

Edited by TaskForce215

another bug in issue tracker (fix this plz, i'm realy love this guns:) ):

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/21955

upd: this bug not only with HK417, happend with some other weapons (M14 DMR, TAK-50, Mk12, MG36)

Edited by Eagleone

Thanks for posting your impressions and letting us know of the mod getting in use in your gaming groups/clans!

It makes it even more exciting to further develop and bug-hunt :)

Hold the line until we get back to you with RC2, then you'll move on and secure the next objective :)

And that worked for me as well Buehgler.

Thanks for the trouble shooting.