smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Wieking, just add the SMK addon to the modstring, i.e. -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@SMK (adjust addon names to correspond how you call them in your Arma2 main folder).

And yes, it works just fine with ACE. This SMK pack is a very cool! ;)

Wonderful work, still testing various things out.

Is it possible to remove that little walk your character does after doing a roll?

Sometimes I do a forward roll to get to a fence or wall and I want to get down right away but instead the guy keeps walking on on his own,

can that part be removed, so when you roll you just stop.

Put it on DH please and i will look into this. I will have to ask for original animation as this one is owned by BIS.

Seems to not work with ACE for 1/2 the people since about 3 weeks ago (since one of the ACE updates). I worked really hard to search for why this works for some and not others, trying to run the exact same mods, comparing files, running mods in different order, etc etc, and nothing.

Again the ticket for ACE, with RPTs and stuff, can be found here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20233

Thanks everyone. I will keep reading your feedback and improving the release. Have fun with the new release, you deserve it after such long wait ;)

When I start game with ACE and SMK:

No entry 'bin/config.bin.CfgSkeletons'

No animations work in game.

Hi, when I go from crouch to run my guy will always end in a roll with nothing pressed except the release of foward 'W'.

Can somebody help me? When I run SMK I am in T-Pose and my body is halfway through the floor, I put SMK in the right place and I have CBA, what do I do?

Show us your command line with -mod=...

It's strange because it's working for me with ACE

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@SMK

I also start with Arma 2 Launcher.

Result: No entry 'bin/config.bin.CfgSkeletons'

and in game When I run SMK I am in T-Pose and my body is halfway through the floor:confused:

Firstable, try this -mod=@ACE;@CBA;@SMK

I try - not work.

Secondly, does your ACE mod and SMK separately work properly?

Yes, wihtout problems.

Thirdable, Have you got the latest version of ACE and CBA ?

Yes, I also try download from various links. ugaf dev, wogserver.

Last but not least, Have you added any extra addons to any of these mod folders?

NO. I am sure

I may be repeating what is said above certain person, but the animation pack does not work with another mod. For example it does not work with the unit Binkowski. Also: the "check wall" only works on the buildings "OA".

Too bad this addon is a revelation for me, but if I can not use it with anything else ... OA

@wieking that's very simple ! CBA need to be the first mod in your mod line , why ? because that's a priority status and cba it's always the first one ! so try my option if it don't work you have a problem with your ace !

@Sower79 back to wall = Turbo + Lean left or right

There is practically no limit to what the walls and structures may be called, so for now expect us focusing on BIS elements. I am definitely considering adding more classes in the future to make the mod compatible with custom islands.

You can use the wall/structure checks to understand what is really going on and therefore post more appropriate tickets. Tickets are what is going to keep the mod improve. This is why the RC is out :)

I tried the back-to-wall with the buttons + Turbo lean right / left, but do not go!

AI are still getting stuck on Sniper Sit. Please can u solve this

To those having problems with this ingame, you have to disable ACE for now. I couldn't blindfire or do most of the animations for some reason when I had ACE enabled.

Why on buildings does not hide as for a wall? Writes Strukture check and wall check and occurs nothing. And on fences all perfectly works

About walls detection. Maybe just use velocity and animationPhase combo? I mean: small script will check unit's animation and his velocity, when animation equal run but unit's velocity near 0(less than run speed), then action will be available. Also it can check type of nearest object as additional condition. If it will equal some kind of wall, then action will be available.

Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but what is the turbo key? I don't have one labeled on my keyboard.