smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

As an opinion only it might be nice IF your install (if it doesn't already) would make a backup of anything that needs changing and installs the change. Obversly upon an uninstall the orginal sripts would be replace.

Why? Simply put there are those that are not up to rewriting andthing within the program. I guess what I'm saying here is that the more user friendly it is the more likely it will be used.

I dont get a single word you wrote up there. The modification does not replace any files so therefore no backup is necessary.

As an opinion only it might be nice IF your install (if it doesn't already) would make a backup of anything that needs changing and installs the change. Obversly upon an uninstall the orginal sripts would be replace.

Why? Simply put there are those that are not up to rewriting andthing within the program. I guess what I'm saying here is that the more user friendly it is the more likely it will be used.

What? What does this even mean? Do you not understand how mods are used in Arma? I figured with 100+ posts you'd have some inkling of an idea.

Ok, ok. I didn't make myself clear. The above was a S U G G E S T I O N. An idea. Not a question. And obviously, since I've posted 100+ times, not a good or clear suggestion. My appoligies to any I confused or made mad.

Now, IF I might ask a real question. galzohar wrote

To avoid unpredictable results, you should run this on all machines involved - Server and clients. If some run it and some don't it seems to mostly still work somewhat, but will be glitchy, so it's best to avoid such a situation.

Would this be considered an ADD-ON that anyone playing the server would HAVE to download?

Edited by ChiefRedCloud

yes, everyone would need to download and use

Hi all, first post here, hope I'm not asking anything stupid!

I have @ACE, @CBA, @SMK and Beta version (ARMA2_OA_Build_79600) loaded.

I have all keys bound as asked (turbo,sit/salute etc.) But all Turbo seems to do is make me sprint.

During the config mission, I cannot perform any of the maneuvers listed in the readme.

Any ideas?

Turns out it was a stupid question... addons folder...

Just saw the v0.25 highlights video and must say that I'm blown away by what you've done - brilliant work guys. :)

SMK Animations v0.25 Highlights

For any official statement about the mod and the upcoming release, let's wait for Smookie. He's been extremely busy with work these days and I must say he has done an excellent job in staying up late with me on MSN to discuss, fix and improve the mod as much as he could, given his real life circumstances.

Thanks everyone for the continued support and patience!

bestest work

Edited by Foxhound
Please do not quote images and/or videos

Make video guide for mod and purpose of command keys for not knowing English

I tried to adjust management as is specified in readme and calibration missions but that it is impossible, in mission it is offered to activate absolutely other command keys

The version 0.20beta 7

I am sorry but making idiot proof tutorials seems like a waste of time :)

Make video guide for mod and purpose of command keys for not knowing English

I tried to adjust management as is specified in readme and calibration missions but that it is impossible, in mission it is offered to activate absolutely other command keys

The version 0.20beta 7

Who would have thought that Andy Mcnab used google translate? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, really looking forward to the release! :)

I am sorry but making idiot proof tutorials seems like a waste of time :)

i am not idiot

I tried to adjust management as is specified in readme and calibration missions but that it is impossible, in mission it is offered to activate absolutely other command keys.hint does not show the message text, one points, and only a command key which mismatches the declared.Animation not work

Edited by Andy Mcnab

i am not idiot

I tried to adjust management as is specified in readme and calibration missions but that it is impossible, in mission it is offered to activate absolutely other command keys.hint does not show the message text, one points, and only a command key which mismatches the declared.Animation not work

I'm trying really hard to understand this but failing completely. Management and command may not be the correct words you are wanting to use

Doesn't the calibration mission at the start walk you through the keys and offers suggestions on what to use, etc? If you want to change the keys just hit ESC and go into controls.

If you mean no matter what keys you are using you still can't see any animations working, my question then is are you using a beta patch for ArmA? If so, I know for awhile inside of the beta folder there was that hotfix.pbo that caused the animations not to work and also an annoyingly funny running bug. I don't use the latest beta's, so I was able to just delete the hotfix and no more issues. Not sure if this issue is still present in the newer beta patches or not.

If either of these don't answer your question, then I'm at a total loss to what it is you're trying to say. Maybe try posting in your native tongue and someone can help translate it better for us. :)

Good suggestion but watch-out for posting in your native language, even if someone kindly translates immediately after, as you risk the infringing the forum's rules and therefore moderator's ban hammer. I know it sucks but I've already received a warning for it...

Can't wait for the release!

This, the next release of ACRE, i44 v2.6 and Project Reality are THE mods for this summer.

Let us know if we can help in any way (testing, documentation, etc.)

This is the default animation when your animation file is missing. Perhaps, your addon installation is broken, re-install SMK

It's a problem with the latest ACE version actually. Update ACE from YAS UGAF ACE DEV server once, then go back to six updater, and everything will work.

Unfortunately still no official solution: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20233

its when you switch from holding a laser designator with a launcher on your side shoulder then try to crouch.

There is no transition animation between those positions

It's a problem with the latest ACE version actually. Update ACE from YAS UGAF ACE DEV server once, then go back to six updater, and everything will work.

Unfortunately still no official solution: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20233

AHhh ACE broke my animations too. I have exactly the same issue as you Galzohar.

SUCKS. Don't have the juice to trouble shoot after a long week of work. Shutting down the server for the weekend until this gets resolved.

Going to play witcher II instead.

with ARMA2_OA_Build_81921 the animations are working well.

ACE didn't make any problems for me...actual version. Played with last beta, too.

This addon makes really fun. Thank you guys. After some time of playing the controls are getting over like the one from ArmA.

Because understanding problems of Andy Mcnab and maybe other people...it's right writing in other language than English is forbidden here, but you can say what's your native language and maybe one who can translate send you a translation per PM.

I already gave the solution for the ACE problem. It's only 200kb of files that need to be replaced, too.

Hey guys, sorry for a slight delay in the release of 0.25 however due to some personals I was not able to pull it off and the work on the scripting side continues as it has still quite a way ahead of it compatibility-wise. Still we did what we should and only small bug fixing is left so please expect the release 0.25 on Sunday evening.. Use the link in my signature to give us some last minute feedback or requests.

The release, as always, will contain some small surprises and stuff that was mentioned so I hope you will get a grin or two while testing it out ;)

In "back to the wall" How i can change the position the shoulder side left for right against the wall

LOOK LEFT TO RIGHT

CHANGE LEFT SHOULDER RIGHT SHOULDER FOR

PLZ I HAVE SET THE KEYBOARD LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS

Please y search for all google but.... nothing about keys CHANGE SIDE BACK TO THE WALL ,srry my english im from Bolivia. :bounce3:

PD.-Others persons can see the movements whitout the addon?

PD2.-CONGRATULATIONS GREAT JOB!! u are me happy !! its the fantastic work!

Edited by jefe_7pc