smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

I love what you guys are doing! This is easily one of my favorite mods for ArmA ever. Like someone has said before, a paradrop animation for landing would be amazing!

Please keep up the good work and I look forward to future releases.

Sorry if it's already been asked, but do the AI utilize the new animations/will they?

WOW! Great Anims! It is posible implement this to SP gameplay?

You can use the mod in Single Player, too. The AI won't perform the advanced stances, though (you will be able to, of course).

Less is more: the Anims Manager

We are smoothing many of the edges of this mod while trying to find a convenient key layout. The Anims Manager I am working on will take care of the extended functionalities.

From some tests, it is possible for us to map a single key for various actions, like a Custom User Key (configurable from ArmA 2 -> Options -> Controls).

By using this one key you will be able to:

1) Climb a wall if pressed while sprinting on an actual wall with sufficient speed and in good proximity)

2) Go in "stand to wall" stance if close to any object, house, wall, etc. while standing still or moving (walk/jog, not sprinting)

3) Lower your weapon while moving in weapon-ready/jog walk

Bear in mind, this is just an example. We are taking care to put some advanced stances in "dynamic mode" by using the most elementary key layout possible.

The anims manager will take care of understanding your desired action, depending on the situation, position, speed and behaviour of your character.

I think this is really going to help: less keys, same amount of options, more intuitive play-style. The more I can integrate this into the most common keys you all use while playing the more user-friendly the mod will be.

Compatibility is always our concern, so we are going to take care that this extended functionality is realiable.

Anyway, I hope more and more users will find out the great contributions this mod will take to the overall gameplay while not being scared by the amount of possibilities: I promise I will try and keep the controls to a level where it will become a no-brainer ;)

Edited by Reezo

I only dislike one thing about this mod: the slow weapon ready walk. The characters backs just seems a little too bulky.

I only dislike one thing about this mod: the slow weapon ready walk. The characters backs just seems a little too bulky.

Don't forget to post tickets in our DH space! Without tickets and votes, there is little chance for us to make changes accordingly ;)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cga

I think keeping extra keys to a minimum would be best, even at the cost of lack of customization ability. Even just adding turbo, salute, site down and lower/raise weapon to the list of important keys (sure 3 of them existed before but weren't bound to something too comfortable) is already pushing it a bit, especially for those who have a harder time to adapt to such things.

For those who use custom key settings rather than default, adding new keys is even more difficult (because any nearby keys are usually already occupied with something important that BIS placed far away in default settings, such as toggle zoom or weapon laser/flashlight). I still have my salute/sit key way at the other side of the keyboard, and only have turbo and lower/raise weapon in an accessible location.

Less is more: the Anims Manager

great news as this is one of the things i was hoping for to ensure that the key presses i make/learn do what i expect at the approriate sitaution.

great mod getting better!

The anims manager will take care of understanding your desired action, depending on the situation, position, speed and behaviour of your character.

Super nice guys!

You can use the mod in Single Player, too. The AI won't perform the advanced stances, though (you will be able to, of course).

nice! Thanks a lot! And great job! :yay:

If i install this mod, will it change existing keybinds?

also.. Is the first post always updated?

Existing keybidings stay the same, but you may want/need to adjust them in order to make full use of this mod.

Existing keybinds will not be changed, exactly.

Thanks guys for the nice words, Smookie is doing an awesome job in smoothing the edges of the animations..when I see how the characters move in new stances I keep thinking this guy really knows what he is doing (I better keep up :))

Hello) You plan to release a video how to use the buttons on the keyboard?:confused:

My English is bad :( and I do not understand where the button MTB :( good people will show it to me? :D

Thx.

SMK Animations - Stand-to-Wall Features http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMTP7fYnVjc&feature=player_embedded (how to shoot a video for 20 seconds 0.20sec)

Edited by Keshman

MTB means Mouse Thumb Button... It should be on left side of your mouse :) In case of older mouse without the button default key binded to Turbo action is Left Shift.

Hope I helped ;]

The other possibility is the Windows key (should you have one). It really works good.

Either way, expect some surprises in following releases.

Unfortunately however the 0.25 release will be delayed till june due to work overload.

Animation replacement its super mod :thumbsup: :D

Max255[PL]

Thank you very much for your help! :yay:

Tonite I finally built a convincing version of the AnimsManager. Grenade lobbing and rolling are now possible, based on the stance (lob over/roll standing/roll kneeling). In one single customizable key I've been able to put three different functions: temporary weapon lower while jogging, stand to wall/cover, wall climbing. Also, this same key gets you out of the same stances it puts you in (very convenient).

I've also been testing a lot of MP framework compatibility, network load, functions etc. etc. and I have to say I came up with great results using @CBA. With this dependancy it is possible for the AnimsManager to reduce the network load considerably while making sure all animations are broadcasted in MP. All background functions work better and with less load.

All in all I am very convinced adding this small dependancy to @CBA would be a great step forward in making the mod rock-solid for MP performance!

There is a lot to do but things are going well, thanks for your patience!

Edited by Reezo

All in all I am very convinced adding this small dependancy to @CBA would be a great step forward in making the mod rock-solid for MP performance!

Excellent news! I'm pretty sure the dev's for ACE are taking a close look in this mod and may even incorporate it into ACE, which I think would be a fantastic idea.

Excellent news! I'm pretty sure the dev's for ACE are taking a close look in this mod and may even incorporate it into ACE, which I think would be a fantastic idea.

Since the mod seems not to affect ACE or to be affected by it, you can just add it to the mod line and this instantly incorporate it :)

Thanks for the @CBA incorporation!

Actually, the real thanks goes to the CBA team..it is such an amazing tool for high-quality mod developers (notice the subliminal message of me being a high quality mod dev, lol..FIRE ze missiles).

Since the mod seems not to affect ACE or to be affected by it, you can just add it to the mod line and this instantly incorporate it :)

True that! My biggest hope now is for the mod to be very friendly with AI and coop. I constantly see the AI doing combat rolls, looking like action heroes, and what's worse is that if you kill them in the roll, they don't die until they stop rolling, stand up, and then fall down.

If there's any way to have a death animation for when killed in a combat roll that'd be hilarious and awesome. Like they can finish the roll but at the end of it they just lay out dead.

Another bug is after they roll, they sort of get stuck in a animation and glide for a couple of feet. It looks very off.

Also, the AI often tend to shoot their guns at the ground while running.

Should I submit these as tickets?

lol - I'd imagine the BIS devs are keeping tabs on this mod as well ;)