smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

The sprint-stop looks amazing, yes! ..and the new stand/crouch-to-wall (facing left) looks amazing as well ;)

We had a coop yesterday and we really missed the Sprint Slide and Wall Climb..we had to do some silly maneuvering to get out of a bad situation ;)

One dedicated coop player required as a tester, if you are up for a task send me a PM.

Sprint Stop FTW! :eek:

That fixes such a previously akward transition. Great work Smookie.

Here's my proposal:

1) BIS should send you a big bag of Euros

2) Bis should release a patch replacing the stock animations and include all of yours.

3) Those who try A2 and bitch about it's "clunkiness" will no longer.

Edited by LugNut

Smookie this is fantastic work, but you knew that. I have a question related to the sprint-to-stop animation: can it be done with starting to sprint as well? Like taking maybe 1.5 seconds to get to full speed with all that gear on. Also it strikes me that a more subtle effect like this for jogging might be great for the move-stop-move-stop-move targeting issues.

did you get some idea from operation flashpoint : DR ? only for the animation, i don't talk about the whole ... whole .... how did you call that already ? oh yeah, a "game", i recognise some of them, for the rest, it's pretty good

..and the new stand/crouch-to-wall (facing left) looks amazing as well ;)

Wait was there a video of the facing left back-to-wall footage I missed somewhere?

I have never played operation flashpoint : DR :)

No video of that yet, but will be soon released.

Have you thought of doing the sitting stance?

23310039.gif

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/23-31/f2331_6.htm

(a) Sit down facing the target half right.

(b) Cross your left leg over your right leg, and draw both feet close to your body.

© Grasp the rifle magazine with your left hand.

(d) Place your left upper arm against your left knee.

(e) Move the butt of the stock into the pocket of your right shoulder, and grasp the rifle pistol grip properly.

(f) Lower your right elbow so that your right upper arm is against your right knee.

(g) For ranges greater than 150 meters, lower the buttstock of the weapon to obtain the proper sight alignment and sight picture. Grip firmly to prevent this from moving the weapon from your shoulder pocket.

Hasn't that 'sitting position' been already implemented in the mod as 'sniper sit'?

There are tons of sitting positions and I simply cannot exclude possibility of adding several variants :)

Hehe, actually the one we were taught to use in ambushes (where you need to sit for a long time) is to have the legs uncrossed. Also taking helmet off and leaning back on it. But don't know how useful those would be in-game. Already the sniper sit I find not all that useful, since in first person it's about the same height as crouch and about the same steadiness. But it sure looks cool!

Some more features of the stand-to-wall stances (WIP)

We've scripted a comfortable solution that allows using lean left/right keys to switch side

This is not everything you can do in these stances..but it's a nice sneek peek ;)

hMTP7fYnVjc

Looks incredible!

There's still a lot to do ;) Good thing Smookie is a 3rd person kinda-player and I am a 1st person-ist (with and without TrackIR).. this means we can go on telling each other when the camera is wrong, disturbing or when it literally makes you throw up lol

at the moment there is a lot of "looks cool", now we're going to focus on "works good" ;)

Thanks guys, spread the love, until next time: 4:44AM, sleep deprivation is not good for scripting :)

Great work guys. I hope you realize that this is one of the biggest game changers in Arma modding history. It's really amazing watching what you guys are doing with the game.

Looks amazing work.

Little question..i've probably already asked on youtube:

I was wondering if you could also make a new animation for when you do a paradrop-> the landing.

Now the player/AI only 'falls' to prone position but normally it's different.

Could you take a look at this vid: /watch?v=cdE0JmVWJqA#t=2m19s

I've set it at the time of the move it normally has to be.

If you don't want to do it then that's no problem. :)

I am a 3rd person player?:D I feel offended...

Here is a YT vid with three bugs I've found during testing.

KXy2r245kU0

• Pressing 2 x SPACE when already up against a wall makes the player look like he's going to throw a grenade, but pulling the trigger will discharge his weapon at the floor (look - no hands!)
  • Throwing grenades at the wall will make them bounce back but not explode. (Is this intentional?).
  • The transition from aiming a weapon around a corner and going back to "Back to Wall" has a glitch in first person

Version 0.2 build 7.

Combined Ops 1.59 and also latest beta.

No other mods running.

Let me know if you want tickets on DH. Thx

Let me know if you want tickets on DH. Thx

Yeah, we do. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I am a 3rd person player?:D I feel offended...

You shouldn't, either way :)

I have already fixed 1st and 3rd points :)

Thanks for checking back in. I checked for the first point in the readme after you replied on DH. From what I understand, the anim was correct but the primary weapon should have been disabled. Is that correct?

Good work on the anim package by the way. Unbelievable stuff :)

WOW! Great Anims! It is posible implement this to SP gameplay?

I have been using these successfully in co-op so far, but it still has a few (small) bugs with AI.