smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Smookie, when you are done the mod would you be willing to create a guide on creating animations in arma for us wanna-be animators out there? If not, that's cool.

Like the additions, always getting better!

hi foxone..

1 have you remapped the keys since the last patch?

2xspace is the salute key

and are you crouched and pressed then your salute key?

and with the sprint thing you must have selected the primary weapon..

thats my only idear 4 this

Its an species of problem with ours mods, when deactivate this mods the addon works fine, we are using ACE, ACEX, ACEX RU, ACEX US NAVY, warfx, ACRE, CBA, Jayarma2lib, in his last version, I commence a test to view which mod is incommpatible.

Run @SMK at the end of the command line. It alters ACE entries.

Thanks, got the back to wall working, the only problem is I can only face left, how to you back to wall on the right? (or left if you're looking at the wall itself).

I couldnt care less :)

Oh OK, fair enought.

FPDR people no adays are just FPDR

Edited by 4 IN 1

Build 4 inbound. The complainers of "the mod is shit because i have to change settings" type are asked to leave and stop playing :)

Edited by Smookie

Don't listen to the ungrateful trolls!

This mod has revitalized Arma for a lot of happy people, myself included!

You rock!

Build 4 inbound. The complainers of "the mod is shit because i have to change settings" type are asked to leave and stop playing :)

Urm, what? I have yet to see anyone calling your mod shit or being ungrateful. :icon_neutral:

I fail to find a single words that means "shit", all i am saying is that its not very good to tied up and hardcoded all the basic movements with new moves together because there is people like me will use custom key bindings(for example binding crouch-stand / prone-stand together so that you only use 2 key instead of 3 to do the job, make more sense as well) , and might/will cause problem either to normal movememt or to mod movement. Never demand you what so ever to change anything, will respect your idea if you say no and explain why its impossible, instead of saying that you don't give a fuck(which in terms effectively telling people to sod off)

I fail to find a single words that means "shit", all i am saying is that its not very good to tied up and hardcoded all the basic movements with new moves together because there is people like me will use custom key bindings(for example binding crouch-stand / prone-stand together so that you only use 2 key instead of 3 to do the job, make more sense as well) , and might/will cause problem either to normal movememt or to mod movement. Never demand you what so ever to change anything, will respect your idea if you say no and explain why its impossible, instead of saying that you don't give a fuck(which in terms effectively telling people to sod off)

I agree, I have similar bindings as yourself and sometimes it is difficult to implement this mod. But I still loves it and try to re-learn my actions to use these animations.

This is a good mod and I don't really think anyone here sees it as shit in anyway.

Maybe if you could somehow implement a separate file for the configs so we can sort ourselves out.

Another suggestion is to allow people to skip certain parts of the tutorial mission as well, so the regulars can jump straight to the new moves you have added in that specific update.

Keep up the good work Smookie. :)

The whole idea was to hardcode this in order to get rid of scripting which in Competitive Gaming (the only purpose of this modification) could easily ruin the gameplay. Then again, making new config for those-who-cant-adapt-to-default-controls was a matter of discussion too and might be possible in future, but I will not promise anything.

The whole idea was to hardcode this in order to get rid of scripting which in Competitive Gaming (the only purpose of this modification) could easily ruin the gameplay. Then again, making new config for those-who-cant-adapt-to-default-controls was a matter of discussion too and might be possible in future, but I will not promise anything.

In SR5 Tactical I got some requests for "userconfig-based" controls, but I have to say things settled down because, when doing training and tests with this mod, you know people have a custom set of controls for "basic Vanilla A2" shortcuts, and then a more strict setting for this mod.

But since you have to set:

1- Turbo Key

2- Step Over Key

3- Salute Key

4- Sit Down Key

all you have left is the "forward/backward/left/right" combos, which, come on...is nothing you should worry about customizing..IMHO.

In SR5 Tactical I got some requests for "userconfig-based" controls, but I have to say things settled down because, when doing training and tests with this mod, you know people have a custom set of controls for "basic Vanilla A2" shortcuts, and then a more strict setting for this mod.

But since you have to set:

1- Turbo Key

2- Step Over Key

3- Salute Key

4- Sit Down Key

all you have left is the "forward/backward/left/right" combos, which, come on...is nothing you should worry about customizing..IMHO.

It isn't the actual forward back etc that is the problem, it is the use of the toggle raise lower instead of the raise lower buttons etc. Or that myself would prefer the Sniper Sit to replace the ordinary sit for example.

Or some of us as previously stated only use two buttons to go between prone, crouched and standing etc.

And personally I would love to have the salute key for flipping the bird to unsuspecting adversaries.

I primarily game using Joypad and Mouse instead of Keyboard and Mouse so I have a specific setup that makes the best use of the buttons available, just now I have to add an extra button for Salute and x for crouch which I normally never have used.

I can however make do without a user config if means the difference between not using this mod and using it.

Release 0.20 build 5 uploaded, should be hopefully fixing most of the bugs. Possible build 6 on the way.

Installer

ZIP file

List of changes and fixes is available on the DH, the link is in my signature.

Thanks Smookie! I can feel it will be a Sunday of testing ;)

Some walking animations are very horrible ugly looking, like walking with the gun up for example. You dont see the feets stick to the floor like the Arma2 default anims.

Anyway, I like this mod

Use DH + screenshots/movies to indicate exactly which and when

Any chance to include this on Six Updater for automatic updates?

Hi Smookie, got a problem with the forward roll.

It seems to do it on it's own occasionally when using turbo and running forwards, also if you hit crouch while running forward it won't perform the roll until you release the turbo button.

Absolutely love the wall animations BTW, using them on a jungle map and they are great for using trees for cover.