smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

I. LOVE. YOU.

Seriously. We all do. :)

But it needs fixes to become absolutely briliant. What have I seen so far:

1) TOO precise shooting in "blind" mode. Imagine you need to hold an shaking'n'breaking out of hands rifle in a way it never were meant for. It's very inconvinient and hard to compensate for recoil this way. It's realy can be abused by some players to shoot from the covered position with deadly precision (with some kind of wallhack, for example). And worst of all, that breaks realism this mode is all about; so, some amount (probably huge, with some training required to control your gun for effective fire) of dispersion shoud be added. And, one more note: can you fire machinegun effectively in such a manner at all? I'm very doubt about it, but, who knows.. Should it be excluded from the list of "allowed for this stance" weapons?

2) "Hop over obstacle" feature works even when no obstacles in vicinity. Looks awkward :)

Thx very much for your work, I hope you'll continue polishing this little diamond to the "piece of the art" state (our server's admin refused to install it until stable release with most bugs fixed :( )

Edited by kot1k

DUDE this is awsome great work i was hoping for something like this thanks

@islesfan186 Nope, I got it too buddy. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, coz its a real pain to have. I realise AIs that arent in your team can move themselves out of it, but when the AI is on ur team, they tend not to get up.

Fantastic modification of the game. This actually makes me want to play the game a lot more. The game is just a lot more fun to play now.

first i was thinking it was a bug but nice "easteregg"..

but maybe you can move the easteregg to another key..

cause you are too limited :-) or isnt it even possible to use the normal function on the key in this stance?

and while in Pistol stance while you move left the aim goes off center..

Edited by SaltatorMortis

Moving left with pistol aim going off center noted.

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

I. LOVE. YOU.

Seriously. We all do. :)

But it needs fixes to become absolutely briliant. What have I seen so far:

1) TOO precise shooting in "blind" mode. Imagine you need to hold an shaking'n'breaking out of hands rifle in a way it never were meant for. It's very inconvinient and hard to compensate for recoil this way. It's realy can be abused by some players to shoot from the covered position with deadly precision (with some kind of wallhack, for example). And worst of all, that breaks realism this mode is all about; so, some amount (probably huge, with some training required to control your gun for effective fire) of dispersion shoud be added. And, one more note: can you fire machinegun effectively in such a manner at all? I'm very doubt about it, but, who knows.. Should it be excluded from the list of "allowed for this stance" weapons?

2) "Hop over obstacle" feature works even when no obstacles in vicinity. Looks awkward :)

Thx very much for your work, I hope you'll continue polishing this little diamond to the "piece of the art" state (our server's admin refused to install it until stable release with most bugs fixed :( )

1) This is not about realism! Virtual realism is as gay as Facebook! :D Dispersion cannot be added, however, please note the stance already has restrictions. The aim precision goes way off, especially if you are tired. You can't see where you shoot. I also changed the rotation of the rifle in the animation on purpose.

And then we go about scripting. Since i am not a "proffesional programmer" and probably fall into "98% of missionmakers" who lag the online play with their lack of professional advanced combat knowledge in information technology - I am not up for it!

Well, let's call it not realism but "adequate behavior" :) It would be much better if dispersion could be added. Is it game restriction or you just lacking knowledge of how to alter that? Is it possible to request help from more expirienced developers, like A.C.E. mod team? They could (probably) incorporate this pack into their project and help you with guidance on internal details of game mechanics (just suggestion, I'm not trying to pick on you or smtg :) It's just I really intrested in your project's completion.)

UPD.

Now you've mentioned it (that you aren't able to change dispersion) .. I remembered I couldn't been able to find difference while shoting from the "sniper sit" and regular crouch. Is it just me or it really doesn't give you any advantages in form of diminished recoil or increased accuaracy?

Edited by kot1k

First SMK thx for this excelent work, is a jewel, but climb to the wall and back to wall functions not works in my ARMA 2 instalation, i´m running 1.59 version with last ACE version and my team mods, and all other functions works fine when sprint against a wall and press "C" key nothings happens and whit 2xSPACE is the same on back to wall functions.

THX again.

Great work, this is some awesome addition.

Since you added a really nice quick switch for the Pistol, I was wondering if you could also add some more realistic reload sequences, like:

drop mag, pick a mag out of a poach and load it in again.

In total it should add some seconds to the sequence, as at least for the rifles the reload times are Olympic ;)

One more thought: in ARMA2 you've finally got an ability to reload on the move. But why can't you do the same while switching weapons? Sometimes you even can bring an earlly death upon yourself by accidentally initiate dropping used grenade launcher BEFORE you got back to cover :) Can it be fixed within your mod?

UPD:

1) Roll over while running - is it should always be possible, even when heavy rucksack equiped? Or while carrying a grenade louncher on your back?

2) When in the "back to wall", you can deliver fire only to the targets around the corner, and nowhere else. It will freaquently result in your premature death :)

Edited by kot1k

hi foxone..

1 have you remapped the keys since the last patch?

2xspace is the salute key

and are you crouched and pressed then your salute key?

and with the sprint thing you must have selected the primary weapon..

thats my only idear 4 this

I dont think it can be fixed with my mod, kot1k. It's an engine side issue.

As for your point 1) - it's a matter of scripting for which I am not up for.

As for your point 2) - I noted your remark and will implement aiming to prevent possibility of quickly becoming flanked. Remember you can also deliver fire above your head by pressing backwards key. Thanks to this you can also turn around and shoot flanking opponents. Making all posbilities (like covering backwards or side) would make me run out of keys and make the game less playable. Arma engine is simply not good enough for infantry fighting to simulate such things.

Thanks for your constant feedback, I appreciate.

In the tutorial it says to "go forward without walking mode on", I've tried everything but can't get past this, what are you supposed to do?

Edit: Also, how do you "back to wall"?

Edited by LJF

Hi I am about the animation, why you have it running through the walls and falls? That's when we played I fell on its side and crashed through the wall. Please ispravte these bugs as well as cool animations (Google translation).

LJF, I believe you crouch next to a wall and then press the key to Salute. Could be wrong, but fairly sure that's how it's done.

LJF, I believe you crouch next to a wall and then press the key to Salute. Could be wrong, but fairly sure that's how it's done.

Correct.

Then use:

Left-Right to move along the wall

Up to aim inside the corner

Turbo+Up to peek inside the corner

Down to aim from over the obstacle (e.g. when you are behind a half-size object like a car wreck)

Salute for lobbing a grenade from the top of the obstacle you are hiding behind (useful for half-size objects, windows etc.)

To roll a grenade inside from around the corner simply select a grenade and fire it.

Because it takes time they'd rather be working on the actual content?

Because they assume their target audience is computer literate?

The worst assumption ever!:p

This is a video made by members of CLA Comunidad Latinoamerica

F93eW727t3k

Very nice mod!

It seems all your key bindings are hard code into the mod, and thats messing up all my control, which isn't what i would call "good"

And me again :)

Here is the picture:

13040174798549.jpg

Had this situation today. Red one is smarty-pants bastard with machinengun and pretty good reflexes, aiming at the only doorway from stairs to this floor. He managed to annihilate whole squad trying to storm the building. They tried smoke - for no avail; grenades dealt no damage 'cause (as you see) he was too far away from the door and our grenades flew along the "red arrow" into the opposite wall. We couldn't use your "over the corner" throw cause there wasn't been apropriate corner to throw 'nade over in such way it flew ALONG the hall (like dotted line arrow on my picture).

So, the point: is it possible to add separate trick, like JUST stretch your hand forward and toss grenade to the 90 degrees left/right , with controlled power of throw? So it would become universal method of tossing 'nades into the unsecured compartments, without need firstly to go into "back-to-wall" position? And in "back-to-wall" use the same animation and principle?

(sry for my engrish, I'm trying my best :) )

Edited by kot1k

Once again kot1k - I told you this is WIP and WILL be implemented. You have to be patient.

Or use a PvP player like Celery who would take out the guy no troubles with standard anims:D

Once again kot1k - I told you this is WIP and WILL be implemented. You have to be patient.

Or use a PvP player like Celery who would take out the guy no troubles with standard anims:D

Sry, my fault then :) I would love to see how this Celery guy would have dealt with that one :)

Edited by kot1k