smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

@Smookie,

I very like the new pistol anim which is more stable while warking. Now with it I prefer to use pistol in Urban fight.But it doesn't work while crouching. And I suggest you to disable the BIS's pistol anim, don't use "C" key to restore it.

The "back to wall" anim series are very cool. And I've found if the camera stay in chest position after I use the anim "weapon round the corner" to aim at enemy. Further more, stand stance "back to wall" anims are expected.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

very good anims smookie thank you so much :) so much better now cya dave

how do I do the back to wall?

Im wondering this as well. The tutorial always gets stuck before I can get to this point and the Readme just says:

Back to wall:

- move left: Left

- move right: Right

- weapon round the corner: Forward

- turn around and aim weapon forward: backwards

- blindfire right: MTB + Right

- blindfire overhead: MTB + Backwards

- peak around the corner: MTB + Forward

- go back to crouch: x

- Grenade round the corner: choose grenade and throw

- Grenade overhead throw: press salute and then do above

....but which combo initiates Back to Wall?

....but which combo initiates Back to Wall?

Crouch, face a wall and press the "Salute" key, if I remember correctly.

Btw the calibration mission worked perfectly for me.

Hmmm ok, thanks for that.

The calibration mission got weird for me right after the Jump/Vault over sequence. It kept telling me to either Crouch (x) or Stand © repeatedly of which I was doing to no avail. Perhaps I missed another part of the sequence.

Still brilliant :)

The fast jogging doesnt work for me (press c when doing tactical walk).

Using left control as turbo key

Small question. Will installing this mod change my existing keybinds?

Damn, don't tell me I have to make a tutorial on how to pass the tutorial mission... :P If it tells you to crouch or stand, then this is the initial position you should take in order to perform the requested move. After you do it, perform the move asked (it should also display as a hint in the upper right corner). Simple :)

As i mentioned a few times already, you may not swap sides when in back to wall as of yet (it's not implemented).

@froggynoob!

you quote my changelog so i assume you have read it, and what it says in there:

crouching:

- kneel: X

- quick lower your head: MTB + Back + Right

- blind fire left: MTB + Left

- blind fire right: MTB + Right

- blind fire up: MTB + Back

- panic move: sitdown

- sniper sit: step Over

- back to wall: salute

:)

Edited by Smookie

Those blindfire things are so mainstream and overrated and sliding 2-3m would be a bit too fictional (Crys-ish).... :D

Just an idea for slide-prone position:

- make it happen that the player can shoot from this position too?

Please cut your "sucksy" loud voice out of the demo sp mission or at least tune it to an not so CM-ish speech. "Headshooot" iz for da ultral33t warri0rZ kidz! :p;)

Tutorial mission works - maybe make only those keypress instructions visible in the middle of the screen for few seconds. So people have to see them...

Perhaps you can also improve it to somekind of "Smookie's Animation Area" - so people can do each feature in its very own place/lane?

You could also add an parallel AI mate who is exercising each feature - to show+present each feature...

Guess why most game devs + modteams avoid making great+comprehensible interactive guides/tutorials?

I wanna cut your tonque out! If you dont like the voice, why don't you tune down your sound settings for a few minutes when you do the calibration mission. People are so lazy or dumb it makes you wanna cry :P. Worry not my friend though, especially for you and your likes I will add an action in the new release that will allow you to turn them off or to lower the volume.

Honestly, I do not wish to spend so much time developing a mission that should only help and not be the core part of the mod.

Edited by Smookie

Guess why most game devs + modteams avoid making great+comprehensible interactive guides/tutorials?

Because it takes time they'd rather be working on the actual content?

Because they assume their target audience is computer literate?

I wanna cut your tonque out! If you dont like the voice, why don't you tune down your sound settings for a few minutes when you do the calibration mission. People are so lazy or dumb it makes you wanna cry :P

Honestly, I do not wish to spend so much time developing a mission that should only help and not be the core part of the mod.

The last part is the question to me?

Don't listen to know it all "Gamers", you've done a great service to us all. Anyways dude, I am loving this new update. I have to give it my best props for your time with working on these animations, and I have also got some technical issues I'd like to quickly address as well.

Two Issues

*1* One way cover system you can only go into cover mode in one certain direction, I would prefer it if we could flip the cover also... basically saying you can shoot on right and left side of the box in cover mode.

*2* Weird camera angle that occurs after you aim down the sight of the gun while peaking in cover mode, once you release your peak and forget to get out of sight aim your camera will be basically go ape sh*t. This is nothing major, I am sure!

Anyways, I hope you can add both left and right directions in cover mode + be able to terminate the Cover Mode + Peak out + Sight Aim+ Release camera glitch lol!

Sorry for the complications ~Evo

Edited by DeclaredEvol

Hehe Smokie don't be so harsh - your "sexy" voice sounds so much better in the the calibration mission!! ;)

Sorry but next time I will use two of them, m'kay? ;);)

:)

I am not being harsh but well, there are some posts of yours that really prove you ain't the smartest one around :P

Edited by Smookie

The post you quoted wasn't directed towards you :) I mean not to insult anyone nor judge anyones intelligence but I tend to point out when you say something without really thinking about others point of view and most of all of possibilities you are give.

Nice you shared some background with us :)

Any chance someone can reply to my problem? Starting to piss me off how no one helps each other on these forums any more.

Andy, if you are following the calibration tutorial, make sure that your Stand action is defined to the button you are pressing. If you are not, then it will simply not play. Also make sure you are not walking.

any ways, the whole point was to give you some feedback on the mod problems. And a few suggestions, just let me know if you are going to take these into consideration!

It has already been mentioned:

1) As I stated when releasing 0.20 and in the calibration tutorial - the back to wall system has been added for one specific position which is crouch up against the wall with left hand side shoulder. New positions will most likely apear in next releases.

2) This issue has also been discussed and I already fix that but will release it as build 4 perhaps next weekend. I want to get more bugs and try to fix them before coming up with another release.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Did you make sure to run the game with the mod on, Andy?

After playing with the mod some more, I have a couple things that I want to suggest. As usual, suggest != "you must do as you say" :)

1) During the back-to-wall phase, when NOT using 3rd person view, I learnt to look at my knee and foot to understand how close and visible I am to the tangos inside the room.

I noticed that, to get an effective quick "aim inside and shoot" I have to be at a distance that exposes my foot and therefore makes me visible/shootable. So:

Suggestion 1: it would be great if the "look behind the corner" and "shoot from behind the corner" were done by extending the upper body a little more or by putting the foot a little behind the wall. Either would work as long as I don't have to expose my leg to get in the right position to shoot from the angle.

And second: when in "optics mode" there is only one speed mode, right? In Vanilla ArmA 2 there is a possibility to "walk in optics mode" and "fast-walk in optics mode". There is not much of a difference but the gap is already VERY good to give the opportunity of having 1) Slow Walk in optics mode = cautious aiming while walking and 2) Fast Walk in optics mode = room clearing procedures

So:

Suggetion 2: It would be great to have two walk speed modes when in optics view. This would allow cautious-walk while aiming and room-clearing walk while aiming.

Apologies if my feedback is wrong because of shortcuts/commands I did not learn correctly. Great job as usual,

The confusion came from the Urban Prone segment -the voice is telling you to either Crouch or Prone while the hintbox is saying to go to Panic using the Sit button. Since the "'" was'nt working for my sit (dunno why as it was mapped), I kept crouching and proning to no avail. Also I always use Prone +Left/Right + Turbo for Urban so I was doubly confused.

I remapped Sit to 5th TMB and thats all the mission really wanted.

You can call me anyname ya like (except Francis) as long as you keep making quality :p

I played through the demo mission, and found it a fascinating experience. The only thing that was distracting to me was the static-filled quality of the verbal instructions. Once I understood the words, I could then execute the body-positioning maneuvers. Brilliant work. It could not have been easy to think through such a thoughtful tutorial, but it's solid work as a tutorial.

I then went and tried your version of Clean Sweep. I would give it a 5/5 star rating, except for when the enthusiastic expressions came SCREAMINGthrough my headphones.

No joking here, but they hurt my ears. "No," I didn't need a cast on them, nor crutches to be placed on my ears afterward, but needless to say, when a scream is louder than an exploding artillery shell, something's a little...errant. Could the volume be turned down on the joyful shouts, please?

The mission, otherwise, is brilliant, and REALLY showcases just how much ArmA 2 has grown since its Operation Flashpoint days.

My only point of concern was just how few of the new positions I could readily pull off in Clean Sweep, when the heat of the action is cranked way up. Part of the issue is due to the complexity of all of the buttons to push, and remembering the combos and combinations.

Do you think that it's possible to assign ArmA 2's keys to the tilting functions of a tilt-wheel on a mouse, such as this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826146021&cm_re=tilt_wheel-_-26-146-021-_-Product Especially if it was to be paired with a program such as X-Mouse Button Control, which allows a user to assign keyboard-combinations to a single mouse-based-action? http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

What would be VERY cool, and VERY easy to execute in game, is assign the blind firing to Mouse Thumb Button (MTB)+Left/Right to a tilt direction on the mouse's tilt-wheel.

But is ArmA 2 even natively capable of assigning keyboard presses to tilt functions? I've yet to use X-Mouse Button yet, but from its hype, it's capable of forcing game programs to allow mouse functions to be assigned. Could anyone test this out, and let us know how doable it is? You may have guessed it already, but I don't (yet) own a mouse with a tilt-wheel, but if such a mouse along with X-Mouse Button can do what I've just hypothesized, I'm running out immediately to get one!

What's the threshold for climbing? I tried getting up on the low end of a shack during Clean Sweep, and the animation launched. Yet no matter how well rested I was, I couldn't get up on the roof, and this is in spite of the fact that it's height is slightly lower than a climbable wall. Is this a code limitation, or...?

All in all, I loved your animation work. I wish that there was some means by which to reduce all of the keyboard presses, but if we're stuck with that, then I'm happy to do it. But man, it would be GREAT if a tilt-wheeled mouse could be refined to allow the MTB+Left/Right for blind firing.

Again, if anyone can achieve this, please let me know ASAP!

Thanks for all of the hard work. It's stellar so far.

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for your feedback. I have put the sounds for both calibration and clean sweep missions on the to-do list. As for the climbing - it's a tough question indeed, around 2 m and below is the doable height. In the current release you cannot climb the roof. I have already done such animations but I am not allowed to share them at the current moment.

I have no experience nor any idea about the tilt wheeled mouses so I am afraid I can't help in this field.

Edited by Smookie