smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

This is sweet! Much better than the default anims, especially with TIR.

I've been testing it using the keys suggested and have the following feedback:

• Pressing 2 x s (panic button) makes the player drop, but then locks out any player input (can't get out of it again). The equivalent 'urban prone left/right' move works fine though.
  • Could you think about disallowing units carrying HMG's and heavy sniper rifles from being able to blind fire? (Or adding a server side option to disallow it). Maybe base it on the cfgWeapon dexterity value (1.21 is threshold for LMG's and heavier).

If you need any further info (rpt and so on), let me know.

Cheers.

im having trouble getting it to work. is it compatible with GL4 and ACE?

im having trouble getting it to work.

Can you be more specific in detail as what your problem is?

Have you installed it correctly?,

do you have CBA,

is the @SMK in your main Arma2 directory

is it setup in your shortcut? like -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@SMK

Do you have Arma2 and oir OA, or CO.

So far I have tested this with 232 addons/mods and tweaks minus gl4 and ACE, not sure if it will work with ace,

Gl4 it should, it works with SLX.

Yeah I have been testing extensively with ACE both on and offline and I haven't found a bug yet, so nice work smookie!

Seems the current version isn't work when running with beta patch.

Edited by acknowledge

Ive got CO, and I threw the @SMK into my main directory, then added it into my game thru the expansion page. Ive got GL4 and ACE running at the same time, yet when i ran it with @SMK i dont notice any difference. The only thing I did, was that there wasnt an animation for the reloading of a grenade launcher and when i switch from rifle to pistol the move animation stops.

Am i doing it right? u just gotta throw in the @SMK into the main directory and then run it when its enabled in ur game? Any other configs etc?

UPDATE: I just realised i havent got the latest patch in my game lol, updating it now. will report back soon

Delete the "1.54 hotfix something" pbo part of the beta patch.

u just gotta throw in the @SMK into the main directory and then run it when its enabled in ur game?

Yes put it in your main Arma2 directory, then.... you need to add it to your shortcut target line.

To do this:

1. go to your shortcut you use to launch your game then right click it

2. at the bottem go to properties

3. at the top there is a line that says target

4. in the target line find the exe, and add this code 1 space after the line:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@SMK

5. hit ok at the bottem then try it out ingame

note be sure you have CBA-->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

still nothing :( even with the shortcut thingy

Options -> Controls -> All Controls -> Turbo (default no key assigned) -> Assign a key (i prefer using mouse button 4/5)

Now you've got a Turbo key ;)

Regards,

H.

These mods are great.

There is just one real problem. Not enought buttons on keyboard. :D

I would be very grateful if a helpful soul would make proper photoshop pictures or gif files that could be ported into arma2 as a video (just like PMC missions) so that I can include them in the calibration mission.

I would be very grateful if a helpful soul would make proper photoshop pictures or gif files that could be ported into arma2 as a video (just like PMC missions) so that I can include them in the calibration mission.

I *might* do it, right now I need to better understand what you are talking about :) - sorry if I don't understand (I have a slight perspective of what you're asking, not enough though)

Do you mean .paa object for the briefing lines?

Regards,

H.

Play first mission of PMC campaign and you will knw what i am talking about :) The very first moments... It's in the lite version you have.

Play first mission of PMC campaign and you will knw what i am talking about :) The very first moments... It's in the lite version you have.

I own the PMC DLC, strange I don't remember it. Will do!

Hi there!

superb addon! however, is this mod "sp compatible"? I was just testing it and some of my squadmates got stuck in the "snipersit" mode and weren't able to regroup again.

another question: would it be possible to make a version with weaponrest function? this would make the mod even better :D

... And how to use this animations in game???? Please answer to me.....

Read the smk_anims_changelog.txt that comes with the downloaded file. The animation combinations are described in there.

@ Smookie: Nice work!

@Smookie

I always feel the upper body tilt too much forward while standing or crouching.

And could you use the "userconfig" hpp file to allow us define the anims we want?

Edited by Lao Fei Mao