smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

If don´t break your schedule, could you take a look athe the binos\range finder related animations? Like bringing them up only when RMB is tapped, walking\running with them and so on.

Also, it is possible to make launchers "crossed" while in the back? Like the soldier on the left (I really couldn´t find a better pic oO) => http://cdn.wn.com/pd/82/31/3321833de32b01899e4301d5ef39_grande.jpg

So far, great job. Love the pistol+sling animation, but how that works with bigger rifles eg M107 or even the Enfield?

So, this might be a dumb question, but since it looks like you are going to replace all the stock movement animations with better ones, :yay: will we just be able to rebind the new ones instead of the stock ones using the same keys? Or will all the new animations have to be used only with new key binds?

I do understand that completely new anims like the urban prone or slide would require new key binds...

Dumb question #2. Would these have to be loaded server side as well?

@Smurf

Don't get me wrong mate but that seems like a bunch of questions from a guy who has only recently grabbed a feel of what BI games are about and hasn't got the foggiest about how it works and what are it's limitations... I am afraid I am not planning any changes to binoc animations simply because it's impact on PvP aspect is marginal. Launchers crossed on the back are only possible in new anims but since I am not redoing all of the vanilla ones - it would look weird. Again, pistol+sling animations is an engine limitation and will work for all rifles in the same way, unless scripting will be introduced (anyone is welcome to do it, but as I said, I keep it script free).

@galzohar

Hip position will have weaponi aim cursor/optics disabled, the real weapon will be directly in a random location of the direction cursor, however the recoil will be supressed. There is no way to customize it for LMG weapons only (well there is, but it's via scripts). Hip position is meant especially for OPFOR units but BLUFOR will be able to access it via key combination

@Lugnut

Dumb question#1: I will supply a calibration mission which will allow you to see how the controls work and how can you adjust your current ones to be able to use them at full potential. In fact, a mouse with 5 buttons (lmb, rmb, middle mb and 2 thumb buttons) should be able to cope with all new settings.

It will not be possible to customize it the way it's done in ACE for instance.

Dumb questions #2: I am working on it, since if they are not... well... that might be called cheating... This is why I am not releasing them to open public.

Wait, the tournaments actually run with crosshairs enabled?... I never go near any servers that have those things on (and use ACE which disables them by default)...

I don't go near any servers with crosshair disabled:)

If don´t break your schedule, could you take a look athe the binos\range finder related animations? Like bringing them up only when RMB is tapped, walking\running with them and so on.

lol

Have you ever used binoculars while walking? Or even running??

I think he means walking/running while holding them, not actually looking through them.

@Smurf

Don't get me wrong mate but that seems like a bunch of questions from a guy who has only recently grabbed a feel of what BI games are about and hasn't got the foggiest about how it works and what are it's limitations...

Been long enough but dunno how animations works here....

Was just asking, a simply yes\no would made so much better.

Also, it is possible to make launchers "crossed" while in the back? Like the soldier on the left (I really couldn´t find a better pic oO) => http://cdn.wn.com/pd/82/31/3321833de32b01899e4301d5ef39_grande.jpg

So far, great job. Love the pistol+sling animation, but how that works with bigger rifles eg M107 or even the Enfield?

Dude you mean something like this?

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/4r_at_4.jpg >100kb

I think he means walking/running while holding them, not actually looking through them.

This would be awesome. I dont really understand why regular A2 does not have this feature already. It feels stupid that when you lower the binocs, it automatically switches to rifle. I would like to walk while the binocs are in the hand and then quickly tab RMB to bring them up...

Dude you mean something like this?

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/4r_at_4.jpg >100kb

I believe this is what he meant. You can either achieve it with custom anim or shifiting the launcher proxy in the model, which is not really the case as it will alter all anims (including holding it when aiming).

As for the binocs - sure, this I can do, no probs. It's already working like that but the optics are kinda forced on. I can disable this forcing.

For those who are interested:

http://european-combat-league.net/Evo-Forums_-_file_-_viewtopic_-_p_-_1505.html#1505

i'm very interessted by this coop can you explain what mod your team use

It's not a coop :) We only use radar and lock fix addon which disables radar and infantry/vehicle locking in most of vehicles.

Once again, I would like to request anyone with basic O2 skills to help me out with collision shapes for urban prone position. Thanks in advance.

Damn, I am not playing ArmA2 again until I see a download link for this. :eek:

I have a question though(apologies if it has been already answered), will this mod be compatible with stock ArmA2 weapon animations? Like the PDW, Bullup, SMG style of holding etc.

Yes, of course. It's designed to work with vanila ArmA2.

Wow, looking forward to this release. Glad you've took this big step towards improving badly needed animations.

As for the rifle hanging when the pistol is drawn; There's a sling that has the primary rifle hanging from the center of the body when you've got your handgun drawn. The butt of the rifle is at chest level. Still trying to find a picture I had of Marines using this sling. If I do find it, I will post a link.

Also, what about anim for having your pistol drawn and your on your back aiming/firing the pistol between your legs. Your firing from that position. It's suppose to simulate getting knocked down onto your back and your returning fire from that position. Just an idea.

There are many different kinds of slings and are all being used by various units. AFAIK there's no actual "standard"?

small update, video with all new and old reworked features will be available soon.

this is one thing i am looking forward to. nice job smookie

i have one question , it's about the key. How it's work ? and can we change the key ?

small update, video with all new and old reworked features will be available soon.

Looking better and better! And the ending was hilarious :D

I am sorry i splitted it up like that but the official trailer will be of a proper quality:P

@Keys:

Actions are predefined but you have some limited area of how to customize them. What you basically need to use them to full extent is a Turbo button (most of you do not even have defined it), BIS standard stance system (by default C,X,Z [or Y, my german friends:P] - Stand, Kneel, Prone keys instead of "UP' and "DOWN" OFP system) and Sit down button (by default set to key next to enter but i recommend changing it. I remapped it to 2xBackwards, i.e. 2xS). These you can define in Controls section in your options. The actions you may not change, meaning Turbo + Right will always result in a given actions (blind fire or urban prone right and then urban prone blind fire). I try to make them as intuitive as possible and for the time being people have little problems with it.

Edited by Smookie

last post delete i read your new message ;) oki so this is a must have like ace and acre i think you make a very good job i found on your video a "bug" when you roll i see your anim stop (video 3 0.10sec) is it recurent ?

Edited by M1n1d0u

Not possible (pointless, I would say). The grenade animation works with OA. As you can see in the movies - i also added a possibility to lean out when throwing a nade (and it will go the right way) so no more nades hitting the corner when meant to fly just past it:)