smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

As promised we are releasing yet another version of the animation mod (we feels weird;), but Reezo has done an awesome job putting scripts together and doing tons of tests on the pack as well as gave pack of interesting ideas that he well deserves the credit not less than I do for the whole work). Due to lack of time however, this is a Release Candidate version as it will contain some new bugs, hopefully fixing the old ones. It does NOT contain new calibration missions so please scrim through controls in the readme or on the wiki page @dev-heaven to get an idea of what and when to press (For instance climbing over obstacle will trigger only when close to a climbable fence and back to wall will work with most of chernarussian/takistani buildings and fences however it might fail to work at custom islands). Refer to Reezos highlights video for more information

vklOq6KFQy4

Here is an extract from readme

----------------------------------------------

3. Release notes

----------------------------------------------

v0.25 RC1 comes out as a two-addon pack wihtout any new missions, adding new feature to the modification - long awaited scripts. The anim manager, as we like to call it, controls which animations can be played and when, as well as facilitates the use of some of the controls. The latter part is however experimental and might chance with RC2 about to happen in the beginning of July. Please let us know what you think of the changes at our project website as well as on the BIS official forums.

S&R

DOWNLOAD v0.25 RC1 @dev-heaven pass: red

HOTFIX: CBA is REQUIRED to run this mod.

PS There are some more hidden and small stuff to be discovered in the mod, including new animations for jogging with weapon down or improved climbing stuff ;)

Edited by Smookie
new update

Good stuff:

• Faster grenade lob
  • Forward roll :bounce3:
  • Faster mag reload
  • Most new stance look good

Needs work:

• Promo video (also) in 1st person view ;)
  • Head bob disabled in promo video
  • (New) Moving to crouch is too fast
  • Lean a bit too fast now
  • Stand/crouch to movement transition (default) is too slow
  • Crouch to stand (default) is too slow
  • Laying to crouch a bit too slow
  • Crouch/Standing to laying down is too slow
  • Walk (anim && speed) looks too fast

You should use RC1.58 or better plus latest beta as base to test your stuff

to have the BI tweaks as base.

yeah nice work , i can slide like crysis 2 ! lool

On Xeno's request I clarify:

Scripts alone do not cause lags, it's what some people without scripting knowledge or how the ArmA engine works (scheduled, non scheduled environments) do.

Needs work:

• Promo video (also) in 1st person view ;)
  • Head bob disabled in promo video
  • (New) Moving to crouch is too fast
  • Lean a bit too fast now
  • Stand/crouch to movement transition (default) is too slow
  • Crouch to stand (default) is too slow
  • Laying to crouch a bit too slow
  • Crouch/Standing to laying down is too slow
  • Walk (anim && speed) looks too fast

You should use RC1.58 or better plus latest beta as base to test your stuff

to have the BI tweaks as base.

ad.1-2. :)

ad 3. do you mean the slide? I can slow it down a little bit but it feels natural (the interpolation might be too fast tough)

ad 4. Leaning is default, might decrease speed though

ad 5-8 Transition will have their speeds increased by around 20%

ad 9 Might decrease a little, again the speed was taken from video of me walking with the same pace :)

I will convert to 1.58 once its released :)

Edited by Smookie

1.58 RC is available since two weeks; tweaked anims in beta from today.

Next one/two is said to be release of 1.59.

The stance changes look very dodgy.

Rog. However, I do not plan on further working on these, perhaps will do some minor changes to the body movement.

a bit unrelated to the opinion you are asking for, as it has been covered by pvpscene:

I was wondering about your workflow between maya and o2, if you are willing to share that information, here or on the editing part of the forums.

Sure. There is none :) I work only in Maya.

At the moment, no scripts (lets hope it stays that way - script are bad and lag :( -> ACE)
Perhaps you can elaborate on your statement? Any proof (repro), details, specifics etc?

We take great care of (script) performance - yet obviously there can be bugs - which we gladly solve when known.

Scripts are one of the least expected sources of lag these days, as since ArmA2 scripts run scheduled and do not affect FPS in the same way as was the case in ArmA1 and OFP.

It's also rather easy to proof - simply leave out CBA_extended_eventhandlers.pbo to disable all ACE scripting.

Edited by Sickboy

In terms of animation, I would say that scripts actually do influence the pace of the game and any desync. Although I believe this is not an issue in COOP gaming the split seconds in PvP have major impact. I can't really prove it other way than empirically.

Edited by Smookie

Sure. There is none :) I work only in Maya.

i know, question is about the way you're getting the animation from maya to o2.

i know, question is about the way you're getting the animation from maya to o2.

I am not. I am using rtm plugin created by teaCup, which generates rtm files.

I am not. I am using rtm plugin created by teaCup, which generates rtm files.

here we go, that's what i was wondering about. I though you've been messing with the bianm (.anim file)

Edited by PuFu

Pardon my complete ignorance - any chance youll ever incorporate hit and maybe new killed animations?

:o

Still 3rd person view (:)) but shows speed changes and small tweaks. A few anims have been reworked.

Looks good :)

Only walk seems somewhat too fast. It looks like weird.

Yeah if you want to walk this fast you need also bigger steps for it to look reasonable IMO.

Transition from "bending" to actual crouch is too fast too IMO, though the other way around is about right (getting up from crouch should be faster than going crouch in general).

What's the purpose of the "fall over" animation?

Which walk do you mean? The fast-paced? Check out Magpul's videos

I do not understand what do you mean by saying transition from "bending" to actual crouch. Do you mean crouch to kneel?

Fall over animation purpose is to basically give another possibility of lowering your silhouette (its faster) - for instance if you see enemy in front of you and lowering your silhouette going prone in regular way will not be enough, you hit the panic button to go the other side. Also helpful when around the corners.

Yeah if you want to walk this fast you need also bigger steps for it to look reasonable IMO.

This is true for running. However, in order to obtain better stability and control over your legs and what you have under them, its better to make smaller paces but quicker (kinda semi-run manner). Just try it out and see it works. It is quite exausting though. On the other hand - if you increase the size of your step, you will not be able to actually hold your gun up very effecitively as the chance to trip is much bigger.

Edited by Smookie