Sign in to follow this  
Jezuro

Postprocess editor

Being such a productive community, we thought you might be interested in a simple in-game tool that can help you set up just the right amount of "brown is real" to your missions :cool:

I haven't looked around trying to find out if someone didn't write something similar already, so it's quite possible there's a better tool lying around. This is just a simple mission with custom dialogs built in, so don't expect anything too fancy. Feel free to add you own changes though.

http://www.easy-share.com/1914180280/PPdialog.Desert_E_v3.zip

Anyway, I hope it helps. Have a nice colourful and not too blurry day :)

*edit: new version (3)

Edited by Jezuro

Thanks for this. Works great. I have been using the slider based one made by someone in the community, but it didn't allow the fine controls I'm often looking for. This one fits the bill perfectly. "Channel inervsion"? Oh well, guess it's a tradition :D

Too bad everyone has PPs disabled. Could have used that time for something more important. ;)

Shuko, this is unrelated to the video post processing in video options. This is to do with post processing scripting commands from what I read here...

*Sickboy has informed me that PP video options may play a role in some of the scripting commands.

Edited by rexehuk

@Shuko: There are those who fight for the immersion, and there are those who does it only for the win. Not everyone falls in the latter category. I for one prefer low or normal post processing.

Some general observations:

1) Dynamic blur won't work with wet distortions (which has nice defaults!).

2) Can't get Chromatic Aberrations to work, even if they are present in scopes (at low PP setting).

3) Tab/Enter should activate "Apply Changes".

4) No biggie, but "tabs" are always better than dropdowns (less mouse work).

5) The area below the input fields could have been used to describe "how it works". I'd rather "understand" than "experiment".

Can't get Chromatic Aberrations to work, even if they are present in scopes (at low PP setting).

Should be ok in version 3.

Yeah, someone has already made a ppAdjust tool mission where you can copy the index into your notepad by adjusting the slider and to my knowledge, it works well.

But never deny any official published tools! lol.

Very handy tool indeed. Can never have enough brown. :p