Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

Island Cicada Release Thread

Gotta bump this to thank you and recommend this map, very underestimated. Beautifully crafted and does feel very natural, especially the roads.

ps: check out tcgs island life cicada its awesome

Edited by .Phoenix.

You are correct. Lots of custom content though and a steady stream of updates by the mission builders. :)

The island looks fantastic, really immersive!

Offtopic; what is the name of the music track in the video for it, pg1? :)

The Music in the Trailer is: DJ Hell - The Angst

I dont know if there are any SP Missions right now for the Island Jonney, but if you like i could try to port over some existing ones.

Btw. not all buildings are enterable, just like rikjuuh said but alot are, besides that you can even climb some rooftops with the help of some ladders i placed ;)

Awesome.jpg

Apart from being very compact, a great realism to the whole place.

Request:

- shorten the main military runway just a small amount. (C130 crashed into edge of rise as it tries to land)

- Second short runway: get it working.

Cheers!

Odd, landing via Autopilot (which is the same the AI does as far as i know) caused no crash at the landing on the mainrunway. Besides that, yup there is definatly a problem with ILS config. I thought its working right since i made it the same way as i did on Ovaron which is working fine. Looks like have to redo it, well atleast i now have a reason to update and include the island intro :)

Does civilian module works with this island? The readme said Traffic module.. is that the JTD traffic module or BIS Ambient civilian vehicle module?

I tried using ALICE and ALICE2 module, both doesnt seem to spawn civvies. Is that correct?

Does civilian module works with this island? The readme said Traffic module.. is that the JTD traffic module or BIS Ambient civilian vehicle module?

I tried using ALICE and ALICE2 module, both doesnt seem to spawn civvies. Is that correct?

I'd say he meant JTD. Haven't tried it yet myself tho.

How do i select and download this map using six updater? it only has ACE mods?

Only has ACE mods? It currently has 103 mods, of which 5 ACE mods.

Create a new preset and add all the mods you want into it from the Mods datagrid.

25umeyb_thumb.png

(Click for larger).

Or use the Open in SU links http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods which is also available in the posts I make:

I mean the BIS Ambient Modules (SILVIE and ALICE) they both work, i just took a look to be sure. However civs are somewhat rare, i think this was because of some proxies that had to be in the building models. If you want more RL-Feeling try out Wolffy.au's Modules, this will add more civs aswell as alot more traffic on the roads like busses with passengers :)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso (Mission Framwork containg ambient)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mip (Module Improvment only)

I just found out that it´s nearly impossible to place buildings if you play warfare (the module). Would it be possible to fix this thing?

Well i agree that you have to look carefully where to place those warfare-building stuff but im not sure how i could improve this right now since i almost have no time at the moment to work on my stuff. When i got some spare time to look over the issue i will do what i can to fix this, hopefully somebody of our fellow mapping comrades has an idea :)

thanks for your feedback!

Nice island Commander! Needs a good benny warfare port. As to the questions regarding warfare building placement, using existing structures for the depot solves this plus looks better imo. For benny's, modify common\config\config_structures by adding a small object (SUCH AS HEDGEHOG) as an additional depot object that can be placed inside the building under the version you use (vanilla, arrowhead, CO). Example: WFDEPOT = ["Land_fortified_nest_big_EP1","WarfareBDepot","YOUR OBJECT HERE"];. Dont forget that vehicles purchased at depots spawn to the depot's right (good to know when placing the depot object in congested areas).

Edited by Gutm@sher