- ILS System fixed

- Removed Carrier due to strange bug

- Traffic Module should work

- Market in Palmino fixed

- Smoothed out some weird beach parts

- Bridge at Drozhino slightly adjusted

- some minor fixes

- First public Version

- All modules should work right except for the Civilian Traffic Module.

- No Island Intro so far

TOOLS USED

==========

L3DT Pro, Wilbur, Photoshop, MSPaint, Visitor 3 and my Brain

Credits

=======

My thanks for their support go out to the following people:

Bohemia Interactive Studios

Mango

Kju

Bad Benson

Shezan

Bushlurker

The Arma2 Map Makers Channel

All beta testers

And everybody else i forgot :)

Download-Links v1.2:

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13631

Arma2Base: http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=3260

Rapidshare: https://rapidshare.com/files/459829839/Island_Cicada1.2.rar

ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/island-cicada/downloads

Edited by Commander1985
update

Looks good. Will have to test it out.

One small thing - the village of Nanchuk looks like it needs some sidewalks - its pretty built up and well populated.

Other than that this island feels and looks stellar!

Chapman

Edited by Chapman_2424

Well done. Everything looks well placed and carefully thought through.

A few misses with the textures (or was it your mask, cant remember) here and there with the sand to grass, but I know how difficult that can be to get right.

Thumbs up! :)

this island is made very well, i love the airport, one of the best and I have high standards

Edited by ArmAriffic

Thank you for the replies so far :)

Im already working on a new Version with the help of some folks. I will take a look at the carrier problem. Did not experienced that fall through the carrier myself yet.

What do you exactly mean with the textures from grass to sand? The squareiness? Hard to get rid of since it would need a even bigger Satmask and Lco_mask. But i will see if i can turn it up a little. My PC is a bit limited when it comes to Image Files larger than 10240*10240 Pixels ;)

the carrier is on one side. I fall through everytime. Great work though!!

cant wait to make a domi on this.

Hello, looks very nice Commander. such a beautiful island, yet beautiful missions. So where are the mission builder ;-)

Greez Hotze

Brilliant work mate. This is is truly realistic map. Getting mission ideas already.

Remind's me of the old OpF days. Its really well made and planned right down to the road network.

Did not experienced that fall through the carrier myself yet.

Neither have I?

Someone mentioned the textures from grass to sand. I can see what you are going for. And to be honest if that is the only thing then well done...

This map is A+ mate :yay:. Looking forward to more releases fom you.

(I rarely use bananas lol)

(edit): Actually I do have one little thing. San Milovitz and possibly some other bigger towns really do need to have the footpaths meet the roads, it would look a lot more real.

But as I'm not a map maker I have no idea how easy/hard that would be to fix.

Edited by Grub

A really nice map!

I just found out that the shop at the west edge of Palmino is a little bit too high and i have the problem with the carrier too. I also found out that one lift of the carrier is missing.

Thanks for your Replies and Bug-Reports guys.

Im already polishing some things up.

The footpaths in the cities are something i work on. I want to add some to Nanchuk.

Regarding the carrier, i made some tests even if the parts allign perfectly i fell trough on the forward part. But i hope i get it fixed in someway.

The Aircraft Elevator at the End of the Carrier is not really missing. I just did not want it there :) The Reason for that is to insert your own working Elevator for Missions there.

Take a look at what i mean:

Cheerz :)

Great map, I've been looking for somethink like this for a long time. I think it would be great if you could add an industrial complex like the one in Chernogorsk. Then you could make some sniper missions or terrorist attacks.

Most issues are fixed, Added footpaths to Milovitz and Nanchuk.

Only issue left is the carrier. Bigger satmap is makeing trouble though, so i cant promise to raise its detaillevel. Besides that, what would you guys think if i take out the carrier so you can place them in the editor where you like to have it?

@Whiteeraser, i wont add any kind of Industrial complex like on chernarus.

Wont fit good on the island.

Most issues are fixed, Added footpaths to Milovitz and Nanchuk.

Only issue left is the carrier. Bigger satmap is makeing trouble though, so i cant promise to raise its detaillevel. Besides that, what would you guys think if i take out the carrier so you can place them in the editor where you like to have it?

@Whiteeraser, i wont add any kind of Industrial complex like on chernarus.

Wont fit good on the island.

Mate, you do what you want with the carrier, its your project. You would probably get less carrier comments/questions if you just allowed peeps to put their own in I suppose.

Looking forward to see the towns in all their glory :)

Great map, I still dont know why it reminds me so much of the old OpF days, but it does. It just feels like I'm home again :cry2:

Updated Island to v1.1!

Changelog and Links in First Post.

Sadly i had to remove the carrier because i could not get that bug fixed. But i think that is nothing bad at all. If you like to start from a carrier to attack or liberate that Island for example you can add it where you want in the editor :)

I guess the most important things are fixed so far. For those who complained about the satmap, i was not able yet to increase its detail level due to my hardware limitations.

I hope you like the new footpaths in Milovitz and Nanchuk, i was thinking of adding even more but was somewhat unsure because of the suburban areas, well i can add more at anytime ;)

Updated Island to v1.1!

Changelog and Links in First Post.

Sadly i had to remove the carrier because i could not get that bug fixed. But i think that is nothing bad at all. If you like to start from a carrier to attack or liberate that Island for example you can add it where you want in the editor :)

I guess the most important things are fixed so far. For those who complained about the satmap, i was not able yet to increase its detail level due to my hardware limitations.

I hope you like the new footpaths in Milovitz and Nanchuk, i was thinking of adding even more but was somewhat unsure because of the suburban areas, well i can add more at anytime ;)

That's great man. Will check it out today :D