Sign in to follow this  
Bielow

Road To Caen Demo

Whoa mate, I didn't mean to come off as confrontational. Was providing a preliminary beta report, as I do for any demo (hence, beta) I check out. As I said, it's good work you've done here making this accessible.

Any idea what happened to Fab? It's been years since I last talked with him via PM.

Everybody is a clone of everybody else

personally I use BIS faces ;)

btw, if someone is interested, I could release US soldiers. I made them a long time ago; the basis was the german soldier. They are not finished (no custom pouches, textures are not perfect, no wound textures), because these soldiers was intended to be only a texturing exercise. :)

they use Upminder's weapons (some of them are modified) + SZ_optics.

Edited by Sennacherib

@AKM

Sorry if You get my words as fight start :p It wasn't my target. Sorry. Thx for bug report :)

It's good to hear that somebody will be making mission to it.

@Sennacherib

You mean De Gaulle's Free Freenchies ?

You mean De Gaulle's Free Freenchies ?

yes, but I removed the arm patch, and changed their names. ECA_USinf :)

hi,

I made some modifications on the soldiers for creating the 50th Infantry division (Northumbrian).

This is totally unofficial, this is intended only for waiting the return of FAB.

modifications:

- selections cleaned on the models

- added BIS faces to avoid the clone problem. FAB made a lot of faces, but i don't know how to use them.

- soldiers have different ranks (put on the uniform, division arm patch added). i didn't use an alpha channel, because this wasn't very nice.

- wound textures added

- some little modifications

- eventhandlers removed (camera stuff etc )

I use also the INV44 beret for the officer. I just repainted it in black (wound texture added too). I didn't ask for the agreement to use it. I don't think that they will kill me just for the use of this little object:p

I'm going to add more soldiers later, as I work on a leather british jerkin.

ok now the link:

http://www.multiupload.com/MVCNX0LKP6

I tried some missions of the normal CWC with the anims, and apart from the normal bugs, it didn't crash (I didn't played too much), but i readed this and a question came to my mind:

Thank You all - but it's all Fab's and his team work.

Edit---

@incubus - I forget-beside it's totally different model of soldier-using his own animations.so it will be a lot of work

So, I can't use addons with those animations if I don't edit the model to match certains parts of the rig? It uses another skeleton? It could crash? D:

Well, apart from that, bielow, Did you made some fixes in the time to the interpolations in the anims? I tried looking to the files and doing this by myself but with all those constants in C I got a little sick at the first look :p

Anyway, great work, it's really time consuming to make some things work, and some people doesn't appreciate how irritating can be sometimes :b

Edited by NacroxNicke

So, I can't use addons with those animations if I don't edit the model to match certains parts of the rig? It uses another skeleton? It could crash?

Well:

1st - Yes it's different p3d than Ofp Res/CWC.

2nd - You can try to play on "naked ofp" or without Caen files if You can make separate config but please look - weapons was optimized to Fab's soldiers model, so if You will add them different weapons it can looks strange.

3rd - Yes i did some fixes,but there's still some to do but I decided to release finished in 90% cause I'm guy who very often losing his motivation ;)

So time for news - I was asked many times about Caen Island. As I mentioned few times - I don't have them but I'm in touch with DarkNova - one of ex WWIIEC Team member who was responsible for a Caen Map so there is a small chance that maybe someday I'll release this map if everything goes ok.

But about vehicles I can't add T_Roc stuff to Caen core cause I don't have pbo with Caen armor values. So I hope from now all will be clear official (not only by pm's) [Probably I can try to add to Liberation mod armor system but I'm too lazy for this :) ]

Bielow

To finish rests of aspects I'm proudly releasing Dark Nova's Caen Island.

That map was dedicated to Road To Caen but during real life is unfinished (Or like I prefer finished in 60%). All works goes to author - Dark Nova, and to Vibes and Fab - all from WWIIEC.

It have real landscape with historical correct names,rivers,new objects,new bridges etc but please remember that is still unoficcial.

No pictures - cause I'm traditionally too lazy. :cool:

Download link

http://hostuje.net/file.php?id=e16ac6522ed96637fe3b83096fabecca

Bielow

So in any word this is everything which I could release in this thread. I don't have/I can't release xxx or yyy. Next step will be probably return of Fab :) and Sennacherib soldiers.

Edited by Bielow
changed link

Hello there,

I just randomly stumbled upon this. Looks like i'm kinda late to the party lol. Well done Bielow and everyone involved for releasing this stuff, sorry i didn't do this myself years ago.

For those who are wondering, yes i'm still alive, I just have a busy life and sort of drifted away from modding altogether... Didn't really plan to disappear like that. My apologies for not replying to private messages etc... all notifications were sent to an old email address i no longer use :-/

Now the good news is - if you're still motivated that is - i still have a backup of my old OFP files including the latest stuff.

So give me a shout if you're interested and i'll upload it somewhere (not sure where though because there's like 5gb of stuff). As far as i can recollect, I think the latest stuff i was working on was a complete UI overall which was pretty much finished, some new camos for the germans and the latest stuff from the team (mostly dealing with infantry equipment and headgear i think).

So give me a shout if you're interested and i'll try to upload it.

Many thanks for keeping this alive,

Fab.

WOW I hope this works out!:D

Welcome back even if its only brief!

STGN

Sadly the addon manpower is getting very scarce...hope someone will take care of this.

As Bielow once put it nicely: "Return of the King"! Welcome Fab. and let's hope that your project will meet happy end (maybe joint community work?)!

It's really big suprise for our small Ofp community. When I wrote "return of the king" i didn't thought that I'll wrote happy truth.

Glad to see You alive Fab!

@Krzychuzokecia

Yeap. Now it will be great to make international expeditionary force in Ofp world - together we can win ;)

p.s

Fab pm sent ;)

Ok so first i'm gonna upload what was in my old game folder, as soon as i find a suitable place. I found 3 mod folders in there:

- the latest internal release (v0.3.2a):

anims :

- added turnL/R relaxedTurn L/R

- added run death actions to run anims

- added putdown/take flag

- re-centered / re-totalmoved all anims (with latest version of RtmToobox)

- fixed direct connection bug at init (mainly for civil state)

- added new ATXXXSafe states for better AT launcher handling

- the next internal release being prepared (v0.3.3a):

anims/script :

- fixed bolt action (now uses StrokeGun action)

- added medic/treated

- fixed neutral state deaths

- fixed ladder anims death interpolations

- fixed missing RifleCrouchWalkB anim (file was missing)

- added class system (each class as properties, constants, methods, events and can inherits from other classes)

- added Gameloaded event handler

- added magazinechange eventhandler

- added weaponchange eventhandler

- added positionchange eventhandler

- added FX on MG42 (animated belt, recoil etc..)

- added tracers

various:

- ECA_O models debugged

- ECA_O stringtable fixed (also german and italian translations added)

- moved ECA_O's config to ECA_O_config

- ECA_Config stringtable fixed

vehicles:

- added polsten 20mm AA gun

- added 6pdr AT gun

- added pak 36

- added pak 40

- added MG42 tripod

- added wwIIec cargo anims to ECA_anims

weapons:

- finalized small arms iron sights and optics

- fixed k98's safety (was in safe mode instead of fire)

- added new lee enfield No 2 mk.I

- added buttstock bit to SMLE4 (T)

And finally the new UI which was not integrated for some reason.

[Edit] Seems like the UI was pretty much finished, and itegrated into the latest beta. I've sent the files to Bielow so he'll be able to make an update

http://fab.ofp.free.fr/public/UI/ui01.jpg

http://fab.ofp.free.fr/public/UI/ui02.jpg

http://fab.ofp.free.fr/public/UI/ui03.jpg

http://fab.ofp.free.fr/public/UI/ui04.jpg

Feels like archeology lol

Edited by Fab.

Very nice to see some follow-ups of that great addition to the game.

Thank you

I started to checking files from Fab. Almost 99% of modelling thing is done by Fab. Models are marvelous and... You should see new ironsights done by Fab. I'll try to make some pic after get home. It looks like it's only matter of scripts and few tweak in config and it is ready to release. I sended pm's to friendly scripters and I'll write when I get answer. (Cause I'm not an ofp scripter -beside Fab's level is too high to mortal peoples ;) ) If You reading this and You are good scripter/config maker please send me pm.

Fab - one sentence: You're Ofp God!

Bielow

Edited by Bielow

This is separate AWSAME MOD!!!! :681:

Icarus :)