Sign in to follow this  
Bielow

Road To Caen Demo

Hi!

Below it's reason why my I44 patch will have delay. I worked on this -

Ladies and gentelmans

I'm honored to show You piece of art. Something which was to us-ww2 fans like dream. I get this beauty from Guy - respect mate! :cool: and merged with T_Roc version. List of things which I fixed is unneccesary -beside it was very short - huge challenge was to fix GREAT Sengir's animation. It takes me some time but here it is - Enjoy!

Unfortunately it's not over 1/10 but it's something which we can have and play waiting for Fab's return. (King's return will be good title too ;) )

Please read carefully Credits list in mod folder nad FAQ. Thank You

Content:

-UK Infantry

-German Heer and W-SS (SS in dot 44 camo,heer in 4 types: normal uniform,short sleeves,zeltbahn and splinter camouflage)

-Small weapons to both sides

-Objects to island and vegetation.

-4 type of test island

Screens:

FAQ

Q:Is in mod armor's,vehicles,planes or heavy weapons ?

A:Nope. On the first release Fab was planned only infantry and few static weapons like mortar on mg-34/42 on tripod. Eventually vikcers. Nothing more- from my knowledge.

I don't have acess to vehicles and rest of stuff. But Sennacherib is planing release his map and buildings which was dedicated to Caen mod. Check this thread.

Beside T_Roc released huge pack of vehicles. Americans and British stuff was dedicated to caen too-this thread.

Q:Why it's only this and that?? Where is that stuff which we saw at forum thread?

A:I don't have it. I have the latest version which Fab shared with team members.

Q:I spotted bug. You suck man!

A:I fixed what I could. All should work if someting wasn't worked-report.

Q:Will be any update to it?

A:Yes. I'm planing release DLC with one weapons more mg-34 with bipod and one my mission.

Q:I want use xxx or yyy in my mod. I want to add zzz to ggg

A:Check credits file.

Q:I was worked in WWIIEC team and I don't see my nickname in credits list.

A:Report me. I'll add You.

Q:Why You didn't added proper stuff like mp-40 pouches to heer/w-ss ?

A:It will be profanation in my opinion. I released fixed stuff. Nothing was added.

Any qestions etc are welcome

Regards and have fun

Bielow

Download Link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8CKFYSGS

http://hotfile.com/dl/109334317/9a6a790/ww2ec.7z.html

From Ofp info - Thanks to Relliki

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/ww2ec.7z

p.s

Credits - Fab. Then rest of his team.

WWIIEC Team credits list

WWIIEC Road to Caen

credits list in alphabetical order

Ast Walker

BB

D@nte

Darknova

Fab

Guy

H.m

Hugo the Clown

i44

Jagy

motho38

Parker

Red Devil

Sengir

T_roc

Wildo

WW2Weasel

Vexman

Vibes

Rules:

Actually even after all this years respect to someone's work is important. Cause Fab's e-mail is not working and it's not sure if he will come back to modding if You want to use something from this mod/pack you must contact team members.

No Permission to ported to Arma I, II or next BI engine games. Only with permissions of WWIIEC members.

Sengir is active in zetaboards forum in w40k mod

http://s1.zetaboards.com/OFPWH40K/profile/52832/

Guy in Invasion 44 forum

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?action=profile;u=134

Vexman in Invasion 44 forum

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?action=profile;u=266

T_Roc in Bohemia Interactive forum

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=44697

Sincerly

Bielow

Huge thanks like eiffel tower to Guy from I44 and T_Roc. Who provided me their versions of this content.Beside thanks to Jojimbo and Guy- who told me and gave permission to fix and release this stuff to public. Without their help You will not play this mod.

Appendix 1: list of small arms

click spoiler

GERMAN WEAPONS

ECK98 ECK98Mag / ECK98Bayonet

ECK98zf39 ECK98Mag

ECK98GrenadeLauncher ECK98Mag / ECK98APgrenade /ECK98ATgrenade

ECG43 ECG43Mag

ECG43ZF43 ECG43Mag

ECMP40 ECMP40Mag

ECMP40folded ECMP40Mag

ECMG42 ECMG42drum

ECA_Panzershreck54 ECA_Panzershreck54mag

ECA_Panzershreck54_2 ECA_Panzershreck54mag

ECA_Panzerfaust30 ECA_Panzerfaust30mag

ECP38 ECP38Mag

ECA_grenadeSM24 -german grenade

ECA_Tellermine42 -german mine

BRITIHS WEAPONS

ECSMLE4 ECSMLEMag / ECSMLE4Bayonet

ECSMLE4T ECSMLEMag

ECSten2 ECStenMag

ECPIAT ECPIATMag

ECBren ECBrenMag

ECA_grenadeNo36 -grenade

ECA_grenadeNo82 -at grenade

ECA_grenadeNo75 -hawkins mine

Appendix 2 List of objects

click spoiler

BarbedWire-different types

Church

3 Type of houses

3 Type of Bomb craters

Woodstack

Woodtone

Wells

Graves

Hay packets

Hay wagon

Out houses

Monument

Rabbit sheds

Wells

and probably something more which i forget

Appendix 3 -spotted bugs

click spoiler

a. Throwing grenades - i know distance of this is fucke*. I'll change this and release with DLC.

b. Running. When we press forward + left/right our man will run and stop after few sec when we let go buttons o nkeybaord. It's missing animation - 2 to be honest. Maybe I'll fix it-maybe now. I fixed a lot of anims and it was really pain in arse did this in Aef anim.

c. Bolting action. You can shoot during reloading. I don't know how to block this. I will wait for response someone like Reyhard which i hope will fix this things...

Edited by Bielow
fixed credits list

damn', this is crazy mate. :eek:

I was member of WW2EC, and I have never put my hands on these addons. Bielow , you are a magician ;)

Hehe. No - huge thanks to all addonmakers Fab and all WWIIEC team-not me. I didn't nothing special. You doing amazing buildings, I hope this stuff will be helpful to Your island Sennacherib a lot of BB stuff in there ;) church will be useful I suppose :P

Regards

Bielow

can we insert into our collection pack?

PS: what about italian stuff? :D

This grass, those trees, soldiers models and textures plus those animations' prowess make it look better than ArmA2. Fab is really an ingenious genious, hope he'll be back one day. Thanks a lot Bielow for this.

Very good, the grass is really impressive in how it does not degrade performance, models and texture are really great too, and Sengir anims are just awesome.

Thank You all - but it's all Fab's and his team work.

Glad to hear that ofp still have fans ;)

Relliki - Thank You for mirror,and for news on main page too! :)

Incubus - rules are rules ;) But if for personal use I think yes. Now I'm going to celebrate :D about Italian stuff well I have... yuhm ohm ehm... It's a secret :p

Edit---

@incubus - I forget-beside it's totally different model of soldier-using his own animations.so it will be a lot of work

Edited by Bielow

Very good, the grass is really impressive in how it does not degrade performance, models and texture are really great too, and Sengir anims are just awesome.

yes, but personally I still prefer your animations. I know, this is not a contest, i just give my opinion.;)

The grass is nice, the trees too, even if for my taste they are too much green.

The weapons and the Brits are a nice surprise :)

I'm still impresed by this pack. Level of details is overwhelming. Obviously there are some bugs and smaller problems however this RTC Demo is brilliant :)

Really great impressive work, only wish the controls where more "dynamic" instead of slow.

@incubus - I forget-beside it's totally different model of soldier-using his own animations.so it will be a lot of work

i can set up a server for u 1 month to test if u want.

from 1. April til 30 OK for u?

@incubus will be great.

Time to think about converting few missions to Road to Caen MP package ;)

But when I finish my DLC first.

Bielow

WW2EC Team - thanks for top-notch work! I'm really impressed by the quality of animations, grass, units, weapons... everything! :yay:

One question though: in map list I've 4x "ww2ec road to caen demo". Config messed up?

No. Names are very longer ;) Check config :

wwIIec demo island

wwIIec demo island (hedgerow)

wwIIec demo island (hedgerow + forest)

wwIIec demo island (hedgerow + trees)

So that's You see only few letters in editor map menu ;)

I make a hurry up (instand action) mission.... NICE!

Oke, this is a demo, will there come an update with armor? (tanks, halftrack or cars)

Oke, this is a demo, will there come an update with armor? (tanks, halftrack or cars)
FAQ

Q:Is in mod armor's,vehicles,planes or heavy weapons ?

A:Nope. On the first release Fab was planned only infantry and few static weapons like mortar on mg-34/42 on tripod. Eventually vikcers. Nothing more- from my knowledge. I don't have acess to vehicles and rest of stuff.

So..nope. But I'll make small DLC with one weapon and one small mission.

I updated credit list - thx to ww2weasel.

Edited by Bielow

Excellent work, especially the animation of the soldiers, and the island! Bravo!

Great work!Expecially animations.

Hm, i think, we can use the other ww2 addons to combine mod. With this animations all will look more better. Great thanks!

Good work releasing this demo. It's very German-heavy, unfortunately, but the British troops are superbly done. Great sounds too, some of the best I've heard so far. I've been looking forward to Caen '44 for a very long time, figured it was dead, but to see Road to Caen come out of the blue like this is very welcome indeed.

Some flaws for the WWIIEC team to correct whenever they get the chance:

- Despite correct installation, the demo continues to ride my ass about the salute animation missing. As far as I can tell this is because it has been subordinated to the cycling bolt animation, played after every shot on a bolt action rifle.

- Pattern 1937 and Pattern 1944 web equipments had a larger canteen. The modelled one is perhaps half the size of what the actual should be, based on comparison of proportions to the general purpose ammo pouch. When I was younger I bought a set of unblancoed 37 pattern WE because I figured it'd be a good piece of history to have; same reason I own a No.4 SMLE and a M1891/30 Mosin Nagant.

- Likewise, the spike bayonet should be slightly longer than it is.

- Can increase the delay-in-ready time for bolt action rifles; shouldn't be able to fire when the cycle bolt animation is playing. This has been done on a number of addons, but not being an addon-maker, I don't know what config values to adjust. This would also help the "can fire when reloading" problem on others.

- Everybody is a clone of everybody else. Only an issue if you're going to try and implement cinematics in your missions, when it becomes noticeable.

- Bayonet does not seem to work despite correct installation.

- As already noted, grenade weights (or at least the setting for how far you can throw them) are a bit wonky.

- Iron sights zoom too far out. Set them to zero zoom, same level as first person view. If this messes up the iron sight view, then it's best to leave it as is until that can be adjusted accordingly.

I'm going to start work on some missions set on that superb Anjou island. Going to try to find some small packs of WWII vehicles or at least something that isn't a huge supplementary download to flesh out the missions with vehicles.

Edited by AKM

Good to hear that I'm not alone in making missions to it. As I mentioned I fixed what I could. I'm not typical profeesional like Fab was. Beside that demo was for ww2ec team only and it was released to them very earlier- few months after when thread was started.

It's very German-heavy,
Yes. I should release only W-ss in dot camo in demo. My bad :p

About

the spike bayonet should be slightly longer than it is.

As i mentioned in Faq. I made it playable-at some point. And In my opinion it's good.

Everybody is a clone of everybody else
About clone faces... if You remember I44 2.0 or even 2.5 it's the same problem. It all need time. If You will look at faces.pbo You will see that Fab had huge plans. Faces are with shadow to cap/helmet etc so It suggests to us that it was in plans huge modification.

Almost every element to made it take a lot of time.Version which (During probably bad upload/or something) I had have few missing animations to rifles and without Rtm Toolbox by Fab -who help me with it (And AefAnim too)

It was be almost totally unplayable... It were be neccesary to change all models to ofp anim standard..

Bayonet does not seem to work despite correct installation.
Probably. I'm not configer/scripter. I'll look at it but It wasn't my top prioritet.
As already noted, grenade weights (or at least the setting for how far you can throw them) are a bit wonky
And as I already mentioned I didn't know where it is.
a. Throwing grenades - i know distance of this is fucke*. I'll change this and release with DLC.

Maybe it was my bad decions to release and I should look carefully on them,but..release will be probably in Decemeber 2011 in that case. Cause I have real life. And lot of my personal projects.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/WWIIEC If someone was interested what plans was etc.. :p And it's still hope tha Fab will return!

Edited by Bielow