Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.9 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Its on purpose so that players use iron sights and/or tracers.

Numpad 0 = Ironsights in some weapons, like the M2.

How I use the leafsights? In WAGN it says "Possibility to flip GL leaf sights up/down by pressing 'select GL' key while GL muzzle is selected." Whats select GL?

Numpad 0 = Ironsights in some weapons, like the M2.

How I use the leafsights? In WAGN it says "Possibility to flip GL leaf sights up/down by pressing 'select GL' key while GL muzzle is selected." Whats select GL?

Hold "Shift+2" till the sight comes up.

Has anyone else had a significant performance drop off while using ACE 1.9 OA? Since I have been using it recently, it seems to take forever for a mission to load and my FPS has dropped through the floor? to now unplayable levels.

Just wondering if it is just my machine or if others have faced performance loss? I am using a big-ass gaming Laptop and have done for the last couple of years with ARMA2 playing no problem, including ACE for ArmA2, where I had not a great 18-25fps but the game was quite playable.

Now....I can barely get 10fps and I dont know if it is Arrowhead or ACE OA which is killing my machine, or something else... as it is definitely since I started using ACE OA a few weeks ago.

Any suggestions other than 'buy a new PC' greatly appreciated.

It's caused by the beta patch. It still contains the hotfix_oa_154.pbo which has wrong or older anim config changes.

Just remove the hotfix_oa_154.pbo file and it should be fine. It's in Expansion\beta\expansion\addons

Xeno

Woohoo! Worked. Thanks a ton, Xeno. :)

Are you running the v1.59 patch for OA?

Yes sir I am ... and latest Nvidia drivers for my 8700m GT

Yes sir I am ... and latest Nvidia drivers for my 8700m GT

You haven't accidentally overriden the application settings in nVidia control panel have you? I once switched on full screen AA by mistake and it took me ages to realise.

Is this just affecting Arma? If not I would suspect something hard disk related. Is it full?

Quick question about ACE mod...

Does it overwrite all of the vanilla units and weapons? Or, does it just add new ones.

The reason I ask is, I have made some of my own modifications to my copy of the game (I.E. New default weapon models, unit loadouts, etc.)

I really want to utilize some of the ACE improvements, but I want to keep the modifications I have made as well.

Thanks.

You can still easily override any ACE changes by adding the proper addon to requiredAddons. I've made numerous client and server side addons doing exactly what you described.

Does it overwrite all of the vanilla units and weapons? Or, does it just add new ones.

The reason I ask is, I have made some of my own modifications to my copy of the game (I.E. New default weapon models, unit loadouts, etc.)

I really want to utilize some of the ACE improvements, but I want to keep the modifications I have made as well.

Thanks.

If you add ACE as a prerequisite to your mod ("c_weapon" if you've changed a weapon value f.ex., "c_vehicle" for vanilla vehicles etc., in the requiredAddons), your changes will change the ACE values.

E: curses, foiled. :p

E2: I R Baboon.

Edited by VKing

Thanks.

You might add ACE modules to requiredAddons of Your modifications. That would ensure that Your changes are not overwritten by ACE.

You can still easily override any ACE changes by adding the proper addon to requiredAddons. I've made numerous client and server side addons doing exactly what you described.

Exactly :)

Edited by zGuba

You haven't accidentally overriden the application settings in nVidia control panel have you? I once switched on full screen AA by mistake and it took me ages to realise.

Is this just affecting Arma? If not I would suspect something hard disk related. Is it full?

Not that I am aware. I have AA pretty much switched off.

It seems to be just ArmA2 OA Ace, I can run A2 without ACE and with ACE and it seems fine.

The biggest issue I have noticed is mission loading time. This has gone up MASSIVELY with Ace OA and significantly different since ACE for A2 first came out. ACE is a truly fantastic mod and credits to those who have made it what it is, but I am wondering if it is simply too big now with too many features being loaded up, that unless your running an all singing all dancing gaming desktop, you will have problems.

I also considered the hard-drive issue, and in fact just the other day I backed up my HD and deleted a huge tonne of data from the machine (about 140gigs worth) and it made no noticeable major improvement.

Truly not sure what is going on...and like I said, maybe my machine is simply not capable of handling ACE2OA in which, sadly it will mean a massive reduction in my playing ArmA2, which would be a huge shame.

I would really love the developers to consider putting all their efforts into making the game run considerably faster thus helping borderline machines, rather than more content.

I would really love the developers to consider putting all their efforts into making the game run considerably faster thus helping borderline machines, rather than more content.

Sorry to say, we don't have access to the OA C++ code so we are not able to make the game faster.

Xeno

Are there any plans for ACE Team to look into your "AI using binoculars" function?

Because right now even when in the gun fight with enemy being within 150m AI tends to use them which is obviously not good.

Are there any plans for ACE Team to look into your "AI using binoculars" function?

Because right now even when in the gun fight with enemy being within 150m AI tends to use them which is obviously not good.

Do you have a ticket # for that ? I might have a fix.

The biggest issue I have noticed is mission loading time. This has gone up MASSIVELY

just the other day I backed up my HD and deleted a huge tonne of data from the machine (about 140gigs worth) and it made no noticeable major improvement.

Have you defragged your hard drive since deleting all that data?

Also recommend running Gamebooster from IObit.

The biggest issue I have noticed is mission loading time. This has gone up MASSIVELY
Very little has changed in ACE re initialization in a long time.

Perhaps you're running into the loading time bug, unrelated to ACE?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13594

It's being mentioned in the Unsung thread everywhere too, ref;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113678

Try and see if the -exThreads=0 startup param makes any difference.

In ref to in-game performance, it's said that since latest patches performance is lower because visual quality is higher - in that case you might want to lower settings / disable ATOC etc.

Generally the first time initialization after game startup is slower, but another issue is that at JIP, script compiling during initialization is a lot slower than when not JIPPing (And depends on if you just started up the game, or already played a mission on island) - this is out of our control.

We take care for performance and amount of assets should have no or minimal bearing, while feature initialization code is rather small.

Your report lacks details like repro mission and steps, info like system spec, startup parameters, singleplayer/multiplayer (or both) and numbers (how long does it take, in what situation).

Please create a ticket with these details: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

(Especially include your rpt)

With these details we can try to find the cause, possible workarounds etc.

Also perhaps it's useful to test with just @CBA, then with just @CBA + @ACE, then continue to add the other modfolders 1 by 1 and measure the difference, perhaps it sheds some light on the situation.

Edited by Sickboy

no chance of being able to have the MK 46 and M249 para latest version of the ACE sub ARMA2? in operation arrowhead?

no chance of being able to have the MK 46 and M249 para latest version of the ACE sub ARMA2? in operation arrowhead?
Ticket # ?

If want Six to update ALL my ace mod how would i do that?
Lacks details to be able to help you, but im going to make some assumptions:

1. ACE is installed from alternate source, not from SU

2. You have seperate combined ops installation and _RU _USNavy don't want to update because your arma2 installation isn't detected.

If you have Steam, make sure you have launched the game once through steam launcher, both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA seperately, so all required registry entries are in place.

Start updater, hit lower half of Run Updater button, select Convert. Once done converting, hit lower half of Run updater button again, and hit Install or Update.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Time does not work :eek:

Please supply details @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18749

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Update

Not a bug: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18749#note-3

Edited by Sickboy