Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.9 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Hi, just thought that i' d congratulate the ACE team for all the amazing work that they have done and keep on doing.

Keep it up guys!

How do you use a satchel charge? You press interaction buton to plant, but then how does one get the next menu to come up? Tried every key on my keyboard except the one that does this? The directions explained do not work for me, no interaction menu comes up after deployment?

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Steve: What I normally do is use the self-interaction key to place it down. And then once down I look at it and use the Win-key that you use to check other people, etc. You should see a "Safety Off" thingy in there and click that. From there you can blow it up from your regular action menu. I *think* in the win-key interaction menu you can even attach satchels to vehicles if close enough as well, but don't quote me on that one. Hope that helps! :)

Steve: What I normally do is use the self-interaction key to place it down. And then once down I look at it and use the Win-key that you use to check other people, etc. You should see a "Safety Off" thingy in there and click that. From there you can blow it up from your regular action menu. I *think* in the win-key interaction menu you can even attach satchels to vehicles if close enough as well, but don't quote me on that one. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks for the help mate:), but I tried every key on my keyboard and one that activates this is not available? I don't understand why ACE changes things like this each time a new version is released. when something works fine leave well enough alone.:D I love ACE though.

Thanks for the help mate:), but I tried every key on my keyboard and one that activates this is not available? I don't understand why ACE changes things like this each time a new version is released. when something works fine leave well enough alone.:D I love ACE though.

Haha, no worries mate. Have you tried changing the key to another? I've had a few friends have the same issue and had to do that and it seemed to work at the time. Not sure if it will now though, but worth a look if you haven't already.

Haha, no worries mate. Have you tried changing the key to another? I've had a few friends have the same issue and had to do that and it seemed to work at the time. Not sure if it will now though, but worth a look if you haven't already.

Hey Thanks, I got it!!

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Ah good to hear, steve. Glad I could be of some help. ;)

It's called progress, and you can follow it @ http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changelogs

@zGuba: Will add ticket later. Thanks for the prompt replies.

Can hitting the right mouse button (alternate button for look down the sight) made to work too? Aren't they supposed to do the same thing but why only numpad 0 works?

Thanks.

Its not an ACE bug, its vanilla. I had to unbind zoom from my right mouse button to enable optics for mounted guns too.

I imagine he's referring to the small conversation in this thread on the first couple pages that myself, nou and a couple others had about making nvgs more, uhh shi.. Realistic

I imagine he's referring to the small conversation in this thread on the first couple pages that myself, nou and a couple others had about making nvgs more, uhh shi.. Realistic
I suppose it's related to these tickets; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15761 (+related)

I disabled the stamina by placing the ace module in the mission. I'm aware that the documentation says that it disables the ruck system & weapon on back.

My problem is that it also disables the vanilla ruck system, is that intentional or a bug?

edit:

If I want to use this:

0 = this spawn { _this setVariable ["ACE_STAMINA_CLASS", "SoldierWB"] };

what is the 0.8 / SF class?

sys_stamina/CfgVehicles.hpp referred to in the documentation

I been looking through the pbo's but cant find the needed code/class (c_men?).

edit again:

Is it 'FR_Base' or 'US_Delta_Force_EP1' as it is for OA?

Edited by andersson

I noticed today when using TWS scoped rifles and also the Javelin that it's back to being pure black or pure white if you invert it. So 98% of the time playing tonight was either staring at the ground or up in the sky thinking i was pointing in the right direction, lol.

I thought it was the latest beta, but when I launched with just CBA, Mando and the newest beta the TWS environment was normal and you can actually see when aiming the javelin for example. But turned ACE back on and the screen was just pure black until a heat source came into point blank view. But the actual environment itself is totally black--if that makes sense at all. I'm probably not explaining it right, but hopefully someone will understand my jibberish, haha.

Has anyone else noticed and if so, is it an ACE thing specifically or a combo with the new beta(s) and if that's the case--do I open a ticket for both? :confused:

Thanks in advance, fellas! :)

That's an issue I've seen around a couple times, and installing a new beta fixed it when it happened to me.

I suppose it's related to these tickets; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15761 (+related)

NouberNou was talking about making NVG more realistic, but just after he finishes his job with the arty systems.

EDIT:

There you go:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1870578&postcount=15

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1870684&postcount=20

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1871922&postcount=58

Edited by Smurf

There's a game bug though that at some specific periods of the year, TI works badly.

@Betsalel; Please create a ticket @ ACE tracker, with small repro mission, and your rpt, and we'll figure it out :)

@Smurf; Cheers

Edited by Sickboy

with a ch-47 can´t lift anything! i tried lift a hmmwv, a 5t truck, ropeboxs, a MOAB....

the only thing i can lift is a ropebox whith a UH-1Y and no more!

ka60 dont lift too, not even a ropebox!

edit: sorry, is working with the chinook

Edited by Vinque

http://img692.imageshack.us/i/spreadd.jpg/

Hello

I´ve found that the spread in some of the mounted machineguns in ACE is very high. I just wanted to confirm that this is a bug, or wether it is intentional that some of the vehicle mounted guns such as the M134 on the Littlebirds, or the PMC SUV can´t hit anything.

Looking forward to a quick reply

Insta

(And no, this isn´t fade: all other weapons are zeroed perfectly, and I´m not being turned into a bird. This is only true for vehicle mounted weapons, and machinegunners.)

Is it just happening for miniguns? ACE makes high RoF weapons inaccurate intentionally.

I wonder if they don't overdo it a little, seeing as a standing target will survive for quite some time against an AI on an M134.

I've never noticed infantry machineguns to be inaccurate (and if they are, it's sort of an advantage), just that the AI doesn't know how to handle muzzle climb and wastes a lot of rounds.

Is it just happening for miniguns? ACE makes high RoF weapons inaccurate intentionally.

I wonder if they don't overdo it a little, seeing as a standing target will survive for quite some time against an AI on an M134.

I've never noticed infantry machineguns to be inaccurate (and if they are, it's sort of an advantage), just that the AI doesn't know how to handle muzzle climb and wastes a lot of rounds.

It happens for all vehicle and static automatic weapons, just some of them seem to be more inaccurate than others. I´m almost tempted to go over them myself and make a ticket, but I think that´s redundant as the ACE people probably know very well themselves how they´ve tuned their weapons.

It´s just that in some cases, the tuning seems to be very off, as in the M134s case, where the weapon is pretty much ineffectual when used by the AI.

It happens for all vehicle and static automatic weapons, just some of them seem to be more inaccurate than others. I´m almost tempted to go over them myself and make a ticket, but I think that´s redundant as the ACE people probably know very well themselves how they´ve tuned their weapons.

It´s just that in some cases, the tuning seems to be very off, as in the M134s case, where the weapon is pretty much ineffectual when used by the AI.

No, do make a ticket. Take the Kord or NSVT on Russian tanks. The entire point of these weapons was that the Dshkh was too inaccurate.

Have no idea if this is an ACE issue -but while playing the OA campaign with the latest RC6 and ACE, the game freezes after objectives are completed with the ACE splash screen. Thankfully, after TaskManaging out, the proper save is there so I can still continue.

Working on my first ace mission ive made since OA and the new med slots. how do i pre add Morphine etc to the players in the init.sqf? As when i do it the standard way they just end up in pistol ammo slots like was the case in A2.

Working on my first ace mission ive made since OA and the new med slots. how do i pre add Morphine etc to the players in the init.sqf? As when i do it the standard way they just end up in pistol ammo slots like was the case in A2.
IFAK is no ruck-sack it only has space for 2 per item.

http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/136/how-do-i-add-medical-items-to-units#a137

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Have no idea if this is an ACE issue -but while playing the OA campaign with the latest RC6 and ACE, the game freezes after objectives are completed with the ACE splash screen. Thankfully, after TaskManaging out, the proper save is there so I can still continue.

No idea either. Please create ticket with rpt http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting