Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.9 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I see the "less damage when falling/walking off from height" got rejected at Dev-H :(

A shame. I think he misunderstood and thought I was saying from 6 meters while I was talking in silly american 6-7 feet (2 meters).

Ah well.

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

@ACE__________479

@ACEX_________327

@ACEX_RU______44

@ACEX_USNavy _46

@CBA__________154

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=49&id=591&Itemid=192#591

Spare Tire module not working for manned vehicles

I lol'ed :D

Nice to see a "big" update after so much time.

Thanks for the efforts of everyone involved with the mod!

nice udapte , i love the new weapons but i have a question i try everything to have the RWR ace radar but i don't see him. maybe an hidden option or key ?

Hi all

Sorry if this has been posted before but i couldnt see anything using search.

I have the orginal Arma 2. Im looking to buy Arma 2: Reinforcements and bypass OA as I assume Reinforements has everything from OA except missions/campaigns.

Is Arma 2 + Reinforcements compatible with ACE?

Thanks

I think it should be, but why do you want to skip OA? Its far better than BAF and PMC

Im more of an MP player so not really interested in the single player campaigns. Besides I guess I could just D/L player made missions?

Not sure exactly what this "reinforcements" pack includes, or more precisely, what it does not include. Does it have Takistan? US Army? Takistani insurgents? Etc... You need those stuff to play online on 99.9% of the servers, so I would make sure those are actually included in that pack. Couldn't find any quick answers to those questions so you should check before buying.

Hi all

Sorry if this has been posted before but i couldnt see anything using search.

I have the orginal Arma 2. Im looking to buy Arma 2: Reinforcements and bypass OA as I assume Reinforements has everything from OA except missions/campaigns.

Is Arma 2 + Reinforcements compatible with ACE?

Thanks

Reinforcements is just OA + the two DLC... :p You aren't skipping anything.

Reinforcements is just OA + the two DLC... :p You aren't skipping anything.

Actually it's OA 'Lite' + British Armed Forces and PMC. I presume that the OA models are of the same lower quality as per BAF and PMC lite.

*EDIT* It does include Takistan. It only has the BAF and PMC missions included, but it has the 'lite' version of OA so you can play online. According to the manual, it has US Army, NATO and UN and 'People of Takistan'. I only bought it for the BAF and PMC to add onto an existing copy of OA, so I have not played it in 'Reinforcement mode'!

Edited by Jedra

I am relatively new to ArmaII/OA and especially ACE. So I need to ask a few questions about ACE.

1. What releases of AII/OA are required for 'ACE 1.9 Stable == 1.9 RC3'?

2. Does this mod affect both AII/OA, SP and MP?

3. Is this forum the only forum for ACE?

4. Does ACE have a positive or negative impact on hardware performance?

I am relatively new to ArmaII/OA and especially ACE. So I need to ask a few questions about ACE.

1. What releases of AII/OA are required for 'ACE 1.9 Stable == 1.9 RC3'?

2. Does this mod affect both AII/OA, SP and MP?

3. Is this forum the only forum for ACE?

4. Does ACE have a positive or negative impact on hardware performance?

1. OA 1.59 or CO

2. Yes, some missions not projected for ACE may broke, but in overall they all work.

3. You have also the WAGN (for documetation and more info) and the CIT for feedback on bugs, request features...

4. You may lose a few FPS, but its totally worth it and understandable.

I got a question for the British Armed Forces. Im doing the Wildcat mission again but with ACE. The problem is that I have no idea how to change the helo weapons. I press F and I tried searching but found nothing. Im stuck on the machine gun but I cant switch to missiles.

You won't be able to change weapons with ACE. It made it so the missiles in the Wildcat are only usable by the gunner.

nice udapte , i love the new weapons but i have a question i try everything to have the RWR ace radar but i don't see him. maybe an hidden option or key ?

No option, no key. It'll only show up if there is actually a RWR threat.

Reezo has done a fine job :)

Xeno

Hi,

is it possible to run ace without the updater, im having trouble getting the updater to actually run on my XP machine without crashing.. when i copy the mod folders, or even try and run ace on my main machine using a shortcut (-as in not using the updater)

both versions gives a missing XEH extended event handlers not found error..

I imagine this stuff might be answered somewhere but on searching about i couldnt even see reference to anyone else having this problem..

..im surprised though as im sure i did everything the same as i did installing the last version, and that worked with and without the six updater.

I'm trying to configure nukes to work in ACE 2 1.9. I have Combined operations via the ArmA2 Launcher, and ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_USNavy installed plus configured properly. I've tried two different ways I saw online to get the nuke to detonate by a trigger. But everytime I tried them nothing happened. Here is the two procedures that I used.

1st: Trigger with BLUFOR Present Activation, and game logic named Nuke_logic, off in the distance.

Trigger Condition:

["ACE_B61_50", (getPosATL Nuke_logic)] call ACE_fnc_NuclearGroundBurst;

2nd: Trigger with BLUFOR Present Activation, and Invisible helipad as target named myTarget, off in the distance.

Trigger Condition:

["ACE_B61_15", [(getPosATL myTarget select 0), (getPosATL myTarget select 1),10]] call ACE_fnc_NuclearAirBurst;

Am i doing this right?

Nuclear weapons were among the features removed from ACE some time ago at my request as author of that software. Do not ask for this feature to be restored. Any documentation on ACE nuclear weapons should have been removed from the ACE wagn as well.

If you wish to simulate a detonation in your mission you will need to use non-ACE code for that. There are a number of other bundles that offer nuclear weapons, include my collaborative effort with Mando Missiles, that may provide a satisfactory replacement in functionality.

Hi,

is it possible to run ace without the updater, im having trouble getting the updater to actually run on my XP machine without crashing.. when i copy the mod folders, or even try and run ace on my main machine using a shortcut (-as in not using the updater)

both versions gives a missing XEH extended event handlers not found error..

I imagine this stuff might be answered somewhere but on searching about i couldnt even see reference to anyone else having this problem..

..im surprised though as im sure i did everything the same as i did installing the last version, and that worked with and without the six updater.

Experiencing no such issues with SU on Win7 or XP, please create a ticket describing the actual problems you have with the updater, Incl your logfiles: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/SixUpdater+Support

And i'll solve it directly.

Notes on how to run ACE from shortcut are available at: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Installation

Edited by Sickboy