Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.9 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Very little has changed in ACE re initialization in a long time.

Perhaps you're running into the loading time bug, unrelated to ACE?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13594

It's being mentioned in the Unsung thread everywhere too, ref;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113678

Try and see if the -exThreads=0 startup param makes any difference.

In ref to in-game performance, it's said that since latest patches performance is lower because visual quality is higher - in that case you might want to lower settings / disable ATOC etc.

Generally the first time initialization after game startup is slower, but another issue is that at JIP, script compiling during initialization is a lot slower than when not JIPPing (And depends on if you just started up the game, or already played a mission on island) - this is out of our control.

We take care for performance and amount of assets should have no or minimal bearing, while feature initialization code is rather small.

Your report lacks details like repro mission and steps, info like system spec, startup parameters, singleplayer/multiplayer (or both) and numbers (how long does it take, in what situation).

Please create a ticket with these details: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

(Especially include your rpt)

With these details we can try to find the cause, possible workarounds etc.

Also perhaps it's useful to test with just @CBA, then with just @CBA + @ACE, then continue to add the other modfolders 1 by 1 and measure the difference, perhaps it sheds some light on the situation.

Sick, thanks mate, a number of useful suggestions there. Will endeavour to try all and report back.

EDIT-

This was my RPT file from just starting up with the thread=0 fix:

=====================================================================

== D:\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe

== "D:\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=0 -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_usnavy;@acex_sm;@acex_ru;@KHPackAce

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/03/31 22:28:01

Current time: 2011/04/06 16:33:04

Version 1.59.79384

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Conflicting addon WarFXPE in 'warfxpe\', previous definition in 'warfxpe\loading\'

Updating base class ->BulletCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/BulletBase/

Updating base class ->ShellCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ShellBase/

Updating base class F35_base->Plane, by warfxveh\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/F35B/

Updating base class Plane->F35_base, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/F35B/

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[409,67.556,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]

[409,67.729,0,"MISSINIT","intro","utes",false,true,false]

[409,76.107,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[409,76.505,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 10"]

[411,77.995,0.1,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[411,78.148,0.1,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex","acex_ru","acex_usnavy"],[[[0,7,4,151],-1],[[1,10,0,475],-1],[[1,10,0,323],-1],[[1,10,0,42],-1],[[1,10,0,44],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[411,78.727,0.1,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

[409,75.425,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

All seems pretty good so far, will test tonight and check further in MP.

This is my machine spec! (Dont laugh!)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 4/6/2011, 00:47:41

Machine name:

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.100608-0458)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA

System Model: Satellite X205

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 1428MB used, 4912MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

Edited by BD1

Hi a friend of mine has some problems rinning CO with ACE mod this is what he writ me:

"Hi,

i've some problem using ACE mod on the steam version of Arma 2: Combined Operations.

It seems that when I enable ACE mod, using either Arma's built-in manager, either Alpinestar Launcher and either editing the _runArmaCO.cmd file, Arma starts as Operation Arrowed only and not in Combined Operations."

@Zio Sam: Details are required like rpt file, please create a support ticket with these details; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

At first thought - if using SU - launch arma2 (the original) through steam launcher once first.

If using manual shortcuts - make sure he doesn't miss the ArmA2 folder in the -mod= line.

@BD: Thanks!

So the exThreads seems to be your saviour, or did I misunderstood?

Edited by Sickboy

Zio:

- Clean up your player.arma2oaprofile from any mods (find the class ModLauncherList and make sure it's empty).

- Use this launcher to make your life easier.

@BD: Thanks!

So the exThreads seems to be your saviour, or did I misunderstood?

It has certainly helped thanks mate, I am narrowing it down and I think it could well be a 'missions/server' issue as opposed to an ACE issue... but certainly for some reason Arrowhead is tasking my lappy far harder than vanilla A2.

Will have to do for now... until I get a new rig. Thanks again for the assistance.

It has certainly helped thanks mate, I am narrowing it down and I think it could well be a 'missions/server' issue as opposed to an ACE issue... but certainly for some reason Arrowhead is tasking my lappy far harder than vanilla A2.

Will have to do for now... until I get a new rig. Thanks again for the assistance.

Cool, np. Did ya defrag after your mass cleanup from before, if not, perhaps that helps some.

Hi all, i like make mission with score bonus for reviver and penalty for revived

with the functions

ace_sys_wounds_rev

ace_sys_wounds_rev2

i can handle the wounded and killed event.

the functions give me the revived unit name

how i get the unit reviver name??

sorry for my poor English!!

thanks.

Hi all, i like make mission with score bonus for reviver and penalty for revived

with the functions

ace_sys_wounds_rev

ace_sys_wounds_rev2

i can handle the wounded and killed event.

the functions give me the revived unit name

how i get the unit reviver name??

sorry for my poor English!!

thanks.

If it's not in the parameters, please create a ticket requesting the functionality you would like to use ;)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Yeah the first thing I did after the data dump was a defrag. While I will admit to being a techie 'clot', I did know that much to do! ;)

Yeah the first thing I did after the data dump was a defrag. While I will admit to being a techie 'clot', I did know that much to do! ;)
Hehe, cool, np :)

Just another quick question, I'm sorry if it's been asked before but I've searched the forums and the dev site and couldn't find any specific information on the issue at hand.

Does using the ACE modification with Arrowheads campaign cause any issues? I started a new OA campaign using ACE because I wanted the realism that ACE provides, highly immersive and realistic warfare. However, in the SP campaign as my squad takes the airfield and engages the enemy, they begin to break up and run away to different waypoints causing issues with the flow of the campaign.

Should the ACE mod be compatible with the OA SP campaign? Or was it designed mainly for new missions?

-Jocko

I now can play ARMA 2 CO with ACE online :D

That new Six Updater is awesome.

I wholeheartedly agree! :yay:

However accessing change-logs, like i do everytime for the ACE-Parts, was easier in the old web-based updater suite. :)

Just another quick question, I'm sorry if it's been asked before but I've searched the forums and the dev site and couldn't find any specific information on the issue at hand.

Does using the ACE modification with Arrowheads campaign cause any issues? I started a new OA campaign using ACE because I wanted the realism that ACE provides, highly immersive and realistic warfare. However, in the SP campaign as my squad takes the airfield and engages the enemy, they begin to break up and run away to different waypoints causing issues with the flow of the campaign.

Should the ACE mod be compatible with the OA SP campaign? Or was it designed mainly for new missions?

-Jocko

http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/151/is-ace-compatible-with-official-missions-campaign
I now can play ARMA 2 CO with ACE online

I wholeheartedly agree! :yay:

However accessing change-logs, like i do everytime for the ACE-Parts, was easier in the old web-based updater suite.

Tnx :)

You can right click mods in the TreeView and DataGrids, and either select 'open mod folder' and look it up from there, or select 'get info about mod'.

While the Info column is a button also.

In the meantime i'll add "Open Changelog" action too :)

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Added "Go to changelog of Mod".

If you wanna check changelogs of multiple mods at once - just multi-select mods in the Mods datagrid (hold shift / ctrl and click on the row headers (column 0) of the rows.)

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

ACE for OA 1.10 RC2 Released!

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_10_RC2

Enjoy!

Edited by Sickboy

Can you make the compass with 2 modes? I dont know, maybe a key to switch off that magnifying lens?

Anyone figure out how to add extra weapons to the ESA? it would be nice to have more arming options than what we have now.

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

@ACE__________476

@ACEX_________324

@ACEX_RU______43

@ACEX_USNavy _45

@CBA__________152

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=49&id=591&Itemid=192#591

just to be sure, the ace_clientside_config, only says "class Identity {" now? or I have something wrong?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115889&page=18

Any idea how well Smookie's new animation changes mix in with ACE? Mostly worried about stamina effects (since speeds are different, stamina effects need to be different). Any plans to include it or at least make it compatible?

SpetS15, are you using an old userconfig with the newest beta? If yes, you need to update the userconfig.