Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.9 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Hi there Sickboy do you remember the 8 or so hours I put in to testing with and with out various ACE files?.

I spent a whole day doing this to try to find out the cause of a 8fps or so hit and we never found out why.

So yes I to get a hit using ACE when some report they don't.

We still don't know why.

I will dig out the ticket when I can and link.

Thanks

P.S

When I say I spent a whole day testing to try to help find the cause I mean I spent a whole day hahahahah :( DOH

EDIT

Dont seem to be there any more.

Edited by stk2008

Hi Ace Team.

I've been doing custom ACE weapon crates for over a year now without problems. I'm trying to load up a RHIB with ACE weapons and it doesn't work. The only gun it picks up is the M110 (BIS) and some ammo.

I have been off and on with ARMA and ACE for a while now, but am back in and fully upgraded. Did something change?

I don't need code or anything...unless I need to change something in it. It just appears that I can't put ACE weapons in a non-ace vehicle... but even there, I tried putting it in an ACE vehicle weapons crate (just for looks) and it didn't work there either. I'm assuming theres something i'm missing and it's probably pretty minor.

I would ask in the Editing forum, but again, I tried a weapon crate script with Standard ARMA weapons and it worked in the boat. The ACE stuff wouldn't.

Hi Ace Team.

I've been doing custom ACE weapon crates for over a year now without problems. I'm trying to load up a RHIB with ACE weapons and it doesn't work. The only gun it picks up is the M110 (BIS) and some ammo.

I have been off and on with ARMA and ACE for a while now, but am back in and fully upgraded. Did something change?

I don't need code or anything...unless I need to change something in it. It just appears that I can't put ACE weapons in a non-ace vehicle... but even there, I tried putting it in an ACE vehicle weapons crate (just for looks) and it didn't work there either. I'm assuming theres something i'm missing and it's probably pretty minor.

I would ask in the Editing forum, but again, I tried a weapon crate script with Standard ARMA weapons and it worked in the boat. The ACE stuff wouldn't.

Check your rpt file, it probably tells you what is up.

There's no difference in adding ACE or non ACE weapons to ACE or non ACE vehicles.

Otherwise create a ticket with your rpt file and details like classnames or repro mission.

Check your rpt file, it probably tells you what is up.

There's no difference in adding ACE or non ACE weapons to ACE or non ACE vehicles.

Otherwise create a ticket with your rpt file and details like classnames or repro mission.

Roger roger. I'll check it out.

Got some bugs with the BMD-1, just screened this now, basically the model is invisible, but you see the soldiers riding on it. Was working before, possibly an update might have done something to screw it up like this.

Same issue crept up with the BMP - 2k (the airborne ones) where the model would be invisible (the guy driving would be visible) but then it would flicker and the model would come back.

invisiblebmp2k.png

invisiblebmp2k2.png

there not very big, but if you zoom in, you can see theres no model, just the guys floating on a magic carpet with dust trails.

latest ace with latest RU

Just a quick question regarding ACE and recently released FDF mod.

Combination seems to work fine, however when I fire a disposable weapon like APILAS, weapon changes into M136 (used). Any chance to add support for APILAS and other disposable weapons as well, maybe even make the script a more general so that it accepts all one-shot AT weapons?

(or I could just remove "ace_sys_disposal.pbo", that would revert disposable weapon behaviour to default ARMA 2 I guess?)

Just a quick question regarding ACE and recently released FDF mod.

Combination seems to work fine, however when I fire a disposable weapon like APILAS, weapon changes into M136 (used). Any chance to add support for APILAS and other disposable weapons as well, maybe even make the script a more general so that it accepts all one-shot AT weapons?

(or I could just remove "ace_sys_disposal.pbo", that would revert disposable weapon behaviour to default ARMA 2 I guess?)

http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/127/how-do-make-launcher-compatible-with-ace-disposable-system

Edited by Sickboy

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

@ACE___________473

@ACEX__________321

@ACEX_RU_______40

@ACEX_USNavy___43

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=49&id=591&Itemid=192#591

The bold link seems to not work too often for a lot of people. I could not figure out why. Is there any chance to have the UGAF server to somehow be added to the default servers, just like Kelly's Heroes and Zeus #1 are? This would probably make it much easier to explain to people how to add the server.

Alternatively, any idea how to make that link work?

Alternatively, any idea how to make that link work?
Try this link after installing and running Six Updater 2.2 at least once;

sixupdater://mod=a546d346-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d

KellysHeroes, AlphaSquad and more available @ http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Communities

Hopefully soon followed by UGAF.

Why, how, what @ Presenting Six Updater Hosting options

Blog about the major new and improved features in 2.2 @ http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Updater_2_2_Release_Candidate

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks, but what I'm really trying to do is minimize the length of the guide I'm making so that I can minimize the amount of questions I get asked (aka "wtf is this not working?!"), not increase it ;)

Thanks, but what I'm really trying to do is minimize the length of the guide I'm making so that I can minimize the amount of questions I get asked (aka "wtf is this not working?!"), not increase it ;)
Well that is one of the aspects that has been majorly improved in SU 2.0 compared to the old updater. And even more so in SU 2.2.

Give it a spin and serious chance some time, you won't be disappointed.

And more incoming ;)

If you'd like a personal introduction / guide - accept me @ Skype ;)

I've never seen this in my RPT, though the only things related to color corrections in Crash & Grab are the BIS Environment Color/Effects modules I believe. Might be one for the CIT?

got the same results with fresh install, no mods or anything but just with default bis missions, so its nothing conflicting with ace. Also only comes up on dedicated server logs and not local RPT file

Already a CIT for it

Edited by anarcho

It's not that I have a hard time using the stuff, it's that I have a hard time troubleshooting stuff for others. I'd rather stick with YAS, even if only because I already know how to translate its error messages into "you did THIS wrong". I just found that it's much easier to explain to people how to download from zeus or KH server because it appears on the default servers list, which saves a click or 2 when it comes to adding it to favorites and starting the download.

And besides, Zeus uses YAS (and I use zcommon even when just playing with friends), so I have to teach people how to use that anyway. Adding another program they have to install is just not feasible even if it's really good.

Edited by galzohar

I tried searching up on this to no avail: Is it possible to set up the fast rope attachment points and the like for a helicopter in game using setVariable? I gave it a try earlier to no avail

Is there any possibility that these values can be 'defaulted' in a future update for vehicles that have nothing stated in their config?

Edited by DaveP

Since the latest 1.9 Update 2 I haven't been able to use the changeable glasses (which includes masks, balaclavas, etc). In 1.9 Update 1 I was able to do so with the following settings in the ace_clientside_config.hpp file:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////
//CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame
//--------------------
//FEATURES: Lets you choose different glasses
//---------
//TO ENABLE: Please ADD your Player Profile Name
//----------
//EXAMPLE:
//--------
//#define ACE_IDENTITY John Doe
//
//
//
//
////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/
#define ACE_IDENTITY =AFC= ZeeSquared

=AFC= ZeeSquared is the profile name I use and it's spelled correctly (including the space in between). Like I mentioned this worked in 1.9 Update 1 but in 1.9 Update 2 it stopped functioning.

UPDATE:

Did some more searching and found this:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18343

Thanks for the fix, Sickboy!

I tried searching up on this to no avail: Is it possible to set up the fast rope attachment points and the like for a helicopter in game using setVariable? I gave it a try earlier to no avail

Is there any possibility that these values can be 'defaulted' in a future update for vehicles that have nothing stated in their config?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18401

It's not that I have a hard time using the stuff, it's that I have a hard time troubleshooting stuff for others. I'd rather stick with YAS, even if only because I already know how to translate its error messages into "you did THIS wrong". I just found that it's much easier to explain to people how to download from zeus or KH server because it appears on the default servers list, which saves a click or 2 when it comes to adding it to favorites and starting the download.

And besides, Zeus uses YAS (and I use zcommon even when just playing with friends), so I have to teach people how to use that anyway. Adding another program they have to install is just not feasible even if it's really good.

There's no need to run two apps if you'd switch. Really, the benefits are big; access to 90+ mods without having to do anything, provided by 11 active mirrors encounting, on top of the awesome bandwidth saving, missions support (no more mission downloads from the game server, every session! yay!), and simplified workings.

If there are errors / problems, come to me and I will respond / solve them, im available most of the day. You'll know in no time what the errors mean. And there shouldn't be too many either.

A list of favorite custom repos will be added shortly to the updater, yet I disagree with the additional complexity argument.

Clicking this link for instance gets you instantly on the KH repos:

sixupdater://dl.kellys-heroes.eu/config.yml

And this one directly on the KH server:

sixupdater://dl.kellys-heroes.eu/public_server.yml

Edited by Sickboy

If there are errors / problems, come to me and I will respond / solve them, im available most of the day. You'll know in no time what the errors mean. And there shouldn't be too many either.

I have got to second this - the lad is quick. I hope my clients never expect that kind of response time!

I was a complete newbie to Arma 2 and ACE a few weeks back - SixUpdater was a godsend - literally 'Install and click Run Updater' and that was it. It found my install (Steam) and configured everything. Adding different mods to different profiles is a breeze and everything is up to date. If there's a mod that's not in the list you can easily add local mods.

This has got to be one of the most 'idiot proof' applications I have used in a very long time.