Sign in to follow this  
Staker

objectives?

Hey,I'm new to editing and I got a question about objectives..

In my mission the player patrols to a village(first objective), then move to some place to kill the bad guys(second objective) and then needs to go the extraction point- thrid objective

I'm having hard time trying to make it work, I used briefing manager to make the briefing and that works fine, now the problem is how can I make the objectives be real?I mean how to make it so after I get to that waypoint the objective update to the next one..

btw,last objective I want to be complete only after all the opfor are dead

hope someone can clear it up for me!

thank :)

Hey,I'm new to editing and I got a question about objectives..

In my mission the player patrols to a village(first objective), then move to some place to kill the bad guys(second objective) and then needs to go the extraction point- thrid objective

I'm having hard time trying to make it work, I used briefing manager to make the briefing and that works fine, now the problem is how can I make the objectives be real?I mean how to make it so after I get to that waypoint the objective update to the next one..

btw,last objective I want to be complete only after all the opfor are dead

hope someone can clear it up for me!

thank :)

Lol I know this, But what is the briefing manager. Give me a link to that and I will give you a code to make the Objectives work!

First you need to name the objectives. Any name you want.

Then you need to make a tigger and use onact section this code !alive the name; you can make three different tiggers or have all them on one !alive thename; AND thename; AND thename; Just got this to work right.

Welcome to the world of editing.

First of all, do a search for Mr murrays editing guide deluxe either here or on armaholic, it basically is any scripters or mission editors first bible.

second, for your questions, look at this exelent example from Kylania:

http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=65

1st and 3rd objectives - trigger cond: player in thislist

OnAct: see last code box below for examples

2nd objective - set trigger for OPFOR not present

when they are all dead it will activate.

Trigger conditions you might need sometime (make sure activation is set to anybody):

(vehicle player) in thislist && taskCompleted tskDO1 // trigger will only fire if player's in a vehicle and a previous task (tskDO1) is complete. && = AND.

alive heli1 OR alive heli2 // ? 2 units alive

!(alive heli1) AND alive heli2 // ? 1 unit dead and 1 unit alive

!(alive heli1) AND !(alive heli2) // ? 1 2 units dead and 1 unit alive

player in thislist // ?player here

!(player in thislist) //?player not here

((vehicle player) in thislist) //?player in vehicle here

!((vehicle player) in thislist) //?player vehicle not here

((vehicle player) in thislist) and (this && (count (thislist unitsBelowHeight 2)> 0)) //?player vehicle here and on the ground/landed

Briefing: doing it manually - not hard and may help you. Remeber to put this in the init.sqf to run the briefing if you do it this way:

execVM "briefing.sqf";
if(true) exitWith {};

Look at Kylanias tasks demo: kill the girl not the goat. Great for setting tasks, waypoints and hints for maps. It's the way BIS does the training missions.

http://www.kylania.com/ex/

Also look at a Briefing.sqf tutorial - you can define parts of the tasks in the briefing as in:

player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Intel", "anytext you like"]];

//objective 3
tskDO2 = player createSimpleTask ["Land at Base"];
tskDO2 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Land safely at Base.", "Land at Base", "Landing Zone 3"];

//objective 2

tskDO1 = player createSimpleTask ["Insert Delta1"];
tskDO1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Insert Deltateam1 at LZ2.", "Insert Deltateam1", "Landing Zone 2"];

//objective 1

tskPU1 = player createSimpleTask ["Extract Delta1"];
tskPU1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Extract Deltateam1 at LZ1", "Extract Deltateam1", "Landing Zone 1"];

The following are set in triggers OnAct:, in this case, as there is much moving of markers in this mission. But for simpler circumstances much can be defined in the briefing.sqf

Assign and set a task:

player setCurrentTask tskPU1;
tskPU1 setTaskState "Assigned";
taskhint ["Extract Deltateam1 at\nLanding Zone 1", [1, 1, 1, 1], "taskCurrent"];
tskPU1 setSimpleTaskDestination getPos LZ1Align;

Task complete:

tskPU1 setTaskState "Succeeded";
taskhint [""Delta in Helol!\nTake Off!\nTask Complete\n+100 Points!."", [0, 1, 0, 1], "taskDone"];

Edited by PELHAM

Are you doing this for multiplayer mission?

I can make a small demo mission for you if you would like

Can anyone help with a code to setup a tigger to end the game if all OPFOR are dead in a set area on the map and or all three objectives are done and or you reach a set location on the map. Thanks.

Can anyone help with a code to setup a tigger to end the game if all OPFOR are dead in a set area on the map and or all three objectives are done and or you reach a set location on the map. Thanks.

name trigger, side enemy present.

choose ending in drop down box.

condition:

({alive _x} count thisList) == 0 OR (condition1 OR condition2 OR condition3) OR (player distance objectname) < 5

you can use markers or triggernames aswell for the distance check, and in this example below 5 meters determines range from position to trigger true, and for MP use a name instead of player in the distance check.

NOTE: it will only count the alive units in the trigger area, for using other areas, your best bet is to use a script and make a global variable true and check that in the trigger.

Edited by Demonized