Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

ARMA2OA Map step by step Guide using Arma2p tool

Latest update to v1.11

=========================

island making sensitivity

=========================

added totally insane projects\ca\*.cpp folder (good God!)

added mlod roads2

Latest update to v1.11

LOL! I know he wasn't all that happy about including those features but couldn't stand the idea that people were using his tools and *then* still having to use a batch file or command line to get things working?:yay:

Hi Folks,

I just followed the guide using:

ARMA2P 1.11 (and OA [buldozer] 1.57.076815)

My project opens just fine in Visitor, but when I launch buldozer I get:

No entry 'bin\config.cpp/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

When I click OK to the first error, I get:

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and Data?)

and buldozer never launches.

I checked bin\config.cpp and found CfgInGameUI/MPTable. In fact there was no .shadow element. I added shadow = 0;

This resulted in a new error, something about shakecam not found. So, I reverted the config.cpp file to the original error.

Any ideas?

EDIT: (FIXED - from the Arma 2 Terrain Totuorial) Hint: If you are using arma2.exe from your present game version then you need to replace the bin folder in p:/ with the extracted bin.pbo from your present game version too, otherwise there is a mismatch of shaders.

Note: In my case I had to use the BIN from my \Bohiemia Interactive\Expansion directory.

Thanks,

JR

Edited by JR_Walker
Issue resolved

+1 for the effort and initiative.

Haven't had a chance to really look at it, but hopefully will in the near future. Looks like a huge chunk of the important stuff though :)

Also +1 for getting this and or some combination things into the biki. I'm sure between all the brains around here, a complete and thorough guide/tutorial can easily be compiled. And it's way overdue, at least imho. ;)

Awesome thx for the Guide

everything works fine, but in the last step Binpbo tells me error in config.cpp

{
class YOUR MAP NAME
{
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {};
requiredVersion = 1.03;
requiredAddons[] = {"Utes"};
version = "2009-9-1";
fileName = "YOUR MAP NAME.pbo";
author = "SmokeDog[3PARA-GU]";
mail = "lil.smoke.d@gmail.com";
};
};
class CfgWorlds
{
class CAWorld;
class Utes: CAWorld
{
class Grid;
class DefaultClutter;
};
class hellskitchen: Utes
{
description = "Sangin Afghanistan 5x5 km";
worldName= "\YOUR MAP NAME\YOUR MAP NAME.wrp";
pictureShot = "";
centerPosition[] = {2720,2462,500};
seagullPos[] = {2720,2462,500};
longitude = 30; // positive is east, in degrees?
latitude = -45; // positive is south, in degrees?

class Clutter
{
#include "cfgClutter.hpp"
};
class Names
{
#include "YOUR MAP NAME.hpp"
};
};
};

class CfgWorldList
{
class YOUR MAP NAME{};
};

class CfgMissions
{
class Cutscenes
{
class hellskitchenIntro
{
directory = "YOUR MAP NAME\data\scenes\Intro.YOUR MAP NAME";
};
};
};

//SURFACES
#include "cfgSurfaces.hpp"

can someone help me please:blush:

Change 'YOUR MAP NAME' to your world name, like Fogu_world.

yeah i know;)

never mind the bissample config works:cool:

Hi Folks,

I just followed the guide using:

ARMA2P 1.11 (and OA [buldozer] 1.57.076815)

My project opens just fine in Visitor, but when I launch buldozer I get:

No entry 'bin\config.cpp/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

When I click OK to the first error, I get:

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and Data?)

and buldozer never launches.

I checked bin\config.cpp and found CfgInGameUI/MPTable. In fact there was no .shadow element. I added shadow = 0;

This resulted in a new error, something about shakecam not found. So, I reverted the config.cpp file to the original error.

Any ideas?

EDIT: (FIXED - from the Arma 2 Terrain Totuorial) Hint: If you are using arma2.exe from your present game version then you need to replace the bin folder in p:/ with the extracted bin.pbo from your present game version too, otherwise there is a mismatch of shaders.

Note: In my case I had to use the BIN from my \Bohiemia Interactive\Expansion directory.

Thanks,

JR

I have the same error, but I dont understand how to fix it. THe bulldozer opens and then some weird graphics, like snow and white polys, then crash. Please help!

Hi Spet,

(Before you try this, you should probably make a copy of your P: drive)

Based on your statement that you’re having the same error, I assume you have both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead installed. If so, you should have the following file (I don’t know where your game is installed so I’ve left the drive letter out of the path):

Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo

Find that file (bin.pbo) and use mikero’s DePbo (or similar) to de-pbo the bin.pbo file. This will result in a folder in your Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\Dta directory called “binâ€. Inside that bin folder is another folder also called “binâ€. Copy the Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\Dta\bin\bin folder and paste it into your P: drive (replace the existing bin folder).

This is what I did and I’ve had no further issues.

again i got an config.cpp problem

class CfgPatches
{
class kosorus
{
	units[] = {kosorus};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.03;
	requiredAddons[] = {"Utes"};
	version = "2009-9-1";
	fileName = "kosorus.pbo";
	author = "LeMac";
	mail = "LeMac@web.de";
};
};
class CfgWorlds
{
class CAWorld;
class Utes: CAWorld
{
	class Grid;
	class DefaultClutter;
};
class kosorus: Utes
{
	description = "Kosorus";
	worldName= "\kosorus\kosorus.wrp";
	pictureShot = "\kosorus\data\SM_Picture_ca.paa";
	centerPosition[] = {2720,2462,500};
	seagullPos[] = {2720,2462,500};
	longitude = 30; // positive is east, in degrees?
	latitude = -45; // positive is south, in degrees?

class Clutter
	{
		#include "cfgClutter.hpp"
	};
	class Names
	{
		#include "kosorus.hpp"
	};
};
};

class CfgWorldList
{
class kosorus {};
};

class CfgMissions

//SURFACES
#include "cfgSurfaces.hpp"

i cant find the error

Here is the BinPbo log

Error reading binary file 'p:\kosorus\config.cpp'

Hi Spet,

(Before you try this, you should probably make a copy of your P: drive)

Based on your statement that you’re having the same error, I assume you have both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead installed. If so, you should have the following file (I don’t know where your game is installed so I’ve left the drive letter out of the path):

Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo

Find that file (bin.pbo) and use mikero’s DePbo (or similar) to de-pbo the bin.pbo file. This will result in a folder in your Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\Dta directory called “binâ€. Inside that bin folder is another folder also called “binâ€. Copy the Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\Dta\bin\bin folder and paste it into your P: drive (replace the existing bin folder).

This is what I did and I’ve had no further issues.

Well, din´t work for me :( I have the same error message, also now, I cant test the level with the game editor. Exported the project and the use the BinPBO to make the level and copy paste into a mod folder, the map doesnt show in the list. And the render PBO is too fast compared to before, when it worked fine.

hi guys all the time when i have clear temp ticked in binpbo it wont go through so untick it and should go ok dont know why it happens but it does for me can be a pain but 1 it is going through ok i dont change any thing just build and pbo and test

@ Fogu

class CfgMissions is faulty

either

class CfgMissions {};

or with some content

Hi: I see nothing has been posted since may 2011. Am I to assume all bugs are worked out in the page 1 (ARMA2OA Map step by step Guide using Arma2p tool) and ready to follow step by step and working proper?

As far as I'm aware, the latest Arma2P from Mikero works perfectly... Install the BIS tools first, of course... then Arma2P should create the rest of your P:\CA folder - preserving the all-important mlod roads, etc...

As Shezan74 warns in post #14 though, making your heightmap from an optical satellite image is a major no-no... don't do that - it just plain doesn't work...

Technically - you can make a heightfield from a pair of optical satellite images - that's how ASTER DEM's are produced (and in the early ASTER days before NASA had processed the data, thats what you had to do... order the raw data granules direct from the downstation at Sioux Falls and make your own!... It's tricky, but possible since the orbiter array has multiple sensors - one of which is set at an oblique angle... oblique view + straight-on view + tricky processing = true elevation data)...

However - simply greyscaling an image won't work.... think about it for a moment...

What actually IS that satellite image...? (Big Explanation Alert!)

In effect, its a map of sensor readings - each pixel represents the differential visible optical light absorption/reflectivity for that particular square of ground...

Because it's a colour image it shows you differential absorption information - ie: that pixel looks Green, because it absorbs Green light frequencies and reflects the rest... we call materials which do that "Green"... in this case it's say, a grassy area... Crossing that grassy area is a runway - it's a sort of Grey colour in the picture, because concrete absorbs most of the visible light spectrum pretty equally, reflecting the rest - so we see it as Grey... quite a light grey, 'cause concrete is quite reflective...

So.. on our simple imaginary satellite image we have a green area with a grey runway... good so far...

Now if you greyscale that - what have you done?

Well, you've removed the Colour information... there goes the "differential" part of our "Differential absorption/reflectivity" map - we can no longer differentiate between reflectivity at different frequencies of the visible light spectrum... all we have now is a simple map of the overall Level of Reflectivity for those ground surfaces...

What will that look like??

Well, the green areas will be a sort of medium grey... the runway was more reflective - it'll be a sortof lighter grey...

If we then feed that image to Visitor - telling it that it's a heightfield, and that the shades of grey represent relative elevations, it'll take our word for it, and use it as precisely that... but... will it look like you expect?

Probably not...

On our imaginary example sat image we had a green field with a runway on it... they're both at the same level obviously - the runway is on the field.... but the heightmap we just fed Visitor has them in two different shades of grey - one darker and one lighter... Visitor will interpret that as "one lower, one higher" - you'll get a field with a raised strip across it where the runway should be... Definitely not what you wanted...

You'll need to acquire a proper DEM or heightfield to match your satellite image - usually either ASTER or SRTM data... there's one or two threads that discuss that in a bit more detail I think...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Fine tutorial. I followed every step but visitor keeps screwing with me.

No matter what I try, I can only save in premium 4800x4763. Very strange, it chances in odd ways when I try to resize google earth. Anyways, I cut it square in photoshop and resized it as you wrote.

Now, visitor.. Sigh...

You say all the objects are loaded into visitor? How do you do that? I have to add every single tree and object manually

Edited by MugAben

yes mate thats the choirs of visitor for you

you have to load all models you want to use only the once then your done and can copy or resize to what you need

arma2p tool the 2.5.1 is the way to go it has been easy since that came out thanks mikero again

@spectrum warrior ill be updating the guide very soon to point to the new tools and take out what doesnt need to be there any more

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

I followed this, and used the arma2p 2.5.1.cmd that I came with the package, however, I have not been able to use any of the stuff because I have been unable to locate the OAbuldozer thing that I need to redirect visitor to use. Can anyone tell me where it should be?

Edit - don't worry, I found out I just had to put a arma2oa.exe into my p drive and rename it buldozer.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

just a comment here that you should not need to copy roads anything and copy back. Arma2P assumes you have run personal tools 2.5.1 and that the roads in there are, in fact, the mlods needed for wrps.

wont hurt if you do above step, but it shouldn't be necessary

also note that as of 2.5.1 there is no longer a requirement to convert arma's odols back to type 48's and this step is skipped.

i'd also be very, very wary of deleting anything out of p:\ca. dependent on the betas some configs (for buildings) are in places you wouldn't expect. deleting anything, shouldn't be necessary. avoid that, if you can.

Edit - don't worry, I found out I just had to put a arma2oa.exe into my p drive and rename it buldozer.

Those instructions are out of date... they're from before BIS released the new Tools....

The buldozer.exe included in the latest tools IS a special version of ArmA2OA.exe now - so no need whatsoever for all that swapping of BIN folder contents, using ArmA2OA.exe - all that stuff...

Install the latest tools - reboot - run Arma2P.... that should be all you need to do now...

B