batis4

Binmod Release Thread

Not at all, haven't even had time to unpack it yet. Might be a few days before I get a chance to play, weekend and all.

Sure!

Hotfix has been uploaded. Check post #193.

Edited by batis4

Nice solution on controls to get zoomed in aiming with 3D sights. This looks promising to be a great mod :thumbsup:

I know criticizing is easy, and I am sorry for my opinion...

Please try not to make this mod into another FFUR/SLX if you know what I mean :p

I spotted a bug with handgun when trying to use "3D sights" animation soldier model just turns around but camera stays in same direction...

Ironsights on M16 seem to be a little misaligned.

Besides that, good and promising work :bounce3:

P.S. Sorry for not replying yesterday. I had no spare time to test :(

Nice solution on controls to get zoomed in aiming with 3D sights. This looks promising to be a great mod :thumbsup:

Please try not to make this mod into another FFUR/SLX if you know what I mean :p

I spotted a bug with handgun when trying to use "3D sights" animation soldier model just turns around but camera stays in same direction...

Thanks Icarus! No, we will not make it into another FFUR SLX, never. The only weapons that work or partially work are listed on the 3D sights page on the installation part in readme, and it doesn't include any pistols.

Sights are still harshly W.I.P, so don't use 3D sights with uncomplete weapons, especially pistols, as they will surely bug a lot. Other than that, you can still use the 2D variant pressing the good ol' V key.

But as for me, I can't really use the ironsighted 2D sights, as I think they really look stupid after the 3D versions, but that's just my opinion. Happy playing!

Edited by batis4

What I like the most is how the effects are (relatively) light on performance compared to FFUR-SLX while having better visual quality :cool:

Had a go with the 3d iron sights too, and I'm not entirely convinced yet that I prefer them over the 2d ones. Technically they look ok (the ones that are fully compliant). It might be because I need to get used to them in CWA, but to me they feel a bit inaccurate in CWA's massive world, they seem to jump around a bit too much. I could fix that by lowering my axis sensitivity, but that would mean the game is harder to control when I'm not looking down the sights :-/

Mirror by OFPR.info:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/mods/BINMOD_0.95_Hotfix01.rar

Edited by JdB

What I like the most is how the effects are (relatively) light on performance compared to FFUR-SLX while having better visual quality :cool:

Had a go with the 3d iron sights too, and I'm not entirely convinced yet that I prefer them over the 2d ones. Technically they look ok (the ones that are fully compliant). It might be because I need to get used to them in CWA, but to me they feel a bit inaccurate in CWA's massive world, they seem to jump around a bit too much. I could fix that by lowering my axis sensitivity, but that would mean the game is harder to control when I'm not looking down the sights :-/

Yeah,

You should most definitely lower your sensitivity if the sights jag or stutter. A little adjustment is a big change in terms of helping the sights stay stable, try it. They need some time to get used to, but when you do, there's no coming back, but this is my opinion.

And thanks for that link!

it is uncomfortable to hold, buttons for aiming. you want to leave in final form, or transfer to V?

it is uncomfortable to hold, buttons for aiming. you want to leave in final form, or transfer to V?

Uncomfortable to hold? V is for the original 2D sights, but you can make different key mappings by yourself using the same form. Unfortunately, the desired key must be held.

FFUR SLX mods were/are some of the best mods ever made so I am not sure what you are getting at. They took what was best of the community and packaged it into an easy format for us tards to use :) I still think the 1985 set is the best set of mods ever made bar none.

comfortable to hold? original 2D to V will remain in the final version of the mod?

by the bye I hope that mod will reach a version of 1; because it cute

1985 is too overloaded and it looks sloppy, incoherent that why

Edited by 222222
I want to add

I don't understand after all this time if the mod is going to require jam3 weapons why you dont get permission to add it to your mod? Or use a BIG ASS SIGN to say you require it because even tho I knew it was needed I forgot UNTIL i fired up the mod to try the latest version.Also I played TOW Episode 9 and everytime I fire the game is freezing and i am not sure why.

Edited by njmatrix

Awesome work, I'm stunned by the 3d sights, they feel really good, I'm eager to test them in combat.

About the bugs:

- M249/AK-74SU lying firing position has too much duty or aimprecision values so it's really innacurate for it

- Insurgent/MiddleEast Rebels has wrong animations when trying to aim

And some opinions:

- The 3d ironsight zoom needs to be adjusted to the range engagements that the AI have, or you will end firing at the smoke that they launch when firing rather than at them

- The sounds are terrific, I just had an ambush and in it a guy died in front of me and hell started with crack sounds and stuff, very exciting.

- The movement in 3d ironsight are very smooth, congrats on that one.

- The hit effects are really well made, I liked how the screen went black instantly when you died, it feels just like death would be! :P

- Overall very good work, I'm really waiting for this to start to play coops with some friends, as they are excited as me about how the mod is going on.

I would like to add more feedback, but I just got up to my house after all the weekend and I want to rest a little, maybe tomorrow I will test a little more with different AI skill settings (as now I tested with Super AI activated)

Awesome work, I'm stunned by the 3d sights, they feel really good, I'm eager to test them in combat.

About the bugs:

- M249/AK-74SU lying firing position has too much duty or aimprecision values so it's really innacurate for it

- Insurgent/MiddleEast Rebels has wrong animations when trying to aim

And some opinions:

- The 3d ironsight zoom needs to be adjusted to the range engagements that the AI have, or you will end firing at the smoke that they launch when firing rather than at them

- The sounds are terrific, I just had an ambush and in it a guy died in front of me and hell started with crack sounds and stuff, very exciting.

- The movement in 3d ironsight are very smooth, congrats on that one.

- The hit effects are really well made, I liked how the screen went black instantly when you died, it feels just like death would be! :P

- Overall very good work, I'm really waiting for this to start to play coops with some friends, as they are excited as me about how the mod is going on.

I would like to add more feedback, but I just got up to my house after all the weekend and I want to rest a little, maybe tomorrow I will test a little more with different AI skill settings (as now I tested with Super AI activated)

Thank you very much for that feedback!

Insurgents\Middle-East Rebels aswell as Spec-Op units have wrong animations, but they will be made in the next patch release.

Opinions:

- We could try to adjust the zoom, but it will be a mess with some of the sights and clipping will happen. We will see what we can do.

- Yeah, the sounds are remade or modified for nearly every weapon. Now AK-series guns have great sounds parallel to the other common weapons.

- Thanks! They are precisely adjusted to be smooth, with swift interpolations etc.

- Yes, that was one of the first modifications to the mod, didn't you notice it earlier? :p

If you want some missions to test, try "Revenge!" from single missions and "Alert" from the CWC campaign, they work great with the 3D sights. And beware for the skill changing, as this mod is adjusted for the Super AI.

I don't understand after all this time if the mod is going to require jam3 weapons why you dont get permission to add it to your mod? Or use a BIG ASS SIGN to say you require it...

Fixed. Check the first page.

Edited by batis4

About the hit effects, I was refering to the effect when you get too hurt and the guy start to shout because of the pain, but I changed the phrase to the one that you read, so that's why it didn't make sense.

I like to add that the Berghoff trees adds to the mood, but in the forest they need to be changed in the .wrp file or they look too weird.

I'm really excited about this, any news? if the process about doing the weapons to the 3d versions are too much hassle I can help too

Greetings!

I'm really excited about this, any news? if the process about doing the weapons to the 3d versions are too much hassle I can help too

Greetings!

To enthirst your excitement, we will upload an update tonight; an update, which will concern almost perfect sights for AK-47 and AK-74 with their variants, plus PKM and RPK-74. Unfortunately US weapons did not make into this update, as they are much harder to adjust.

We really appreciate your offer of help, but there isn't much to do remotely. Maybe you could make us some single missions?

Not related to Binmod, we have made a profile for DWVAC (Voice Activated Commands) in OFP, so you can control units via speech, it works fantastic. You can read about the program here: http://www.dwvac.com/

Edited by batis4

I could try to do some single missions

Also I have a question about the models of the weapons with aimpoints, and stuff that doesn't have transparency, like the M16 with aimpoint. How you will make them? You will re-make the model to make the aimpoint transparent? You will use another model?

Thanks.

I could try to do some single missions

Also I have a question about the models of the weapons with aimpoints, and stuff that doesn't have transparency, like the M16 with aimpoint. How you will make them? You will re-make the model to make the aimpoint transparent? You will use another model?

Thanks.

Thanks! We remake them.

Update for 0.95 (overwrites the hotfix):

Changelog:

- AK47 and AK74 including all variants adjusted for 3D sights

- PKM and RPK74 adjusted for 3D sights

- Animations configured for SF units

Download: http://www.multiupload.nl/YKNA91A1FB (19.35 MB)

Edited by batis4

I found 2 problems related to the engine, maybe, it could be solved with interpolations in the config.cpp or something.

When you rightclick on a not so hilly terrain when looking to the upper side, the character doesn't aim with the ironsights, instead, he moves back

When you aim in prone position on a hilly terrain, the ironsights aren't aligned with the point of view (not so much)

It isn't a problem on Everon or Nogova, but on Kolgujev and hilly parts of Malden it's notorious

PD: It could be the realistic disadvantage when attacking uphill or on uneven terrain =P

PD2: It would be nice an "if" in the DSAI script to check if a unit is in Stealth mode, to see if he should speak or not, as now when they make sounds you know where are them

PD3: About the group connection system, how do I activate it? just putting the game logic? or it's desactivated in this version?, also, the features of the system are similar to the Group Link 2, or do they have some bonus things like the group link 3 (garrison and that type of stuff)?

PD4: Also, I don't know if you guys have played Red Orchestra, but when they are firing very near at you in that game, the screen blurs for 0.01 seconds simulating the suppression effect, also if there isn't blur activated in the graphics options, instead of blur the screen blackens for 0.01 seconds, it's looks like the guy is blinking because of the crack sound and the bullet passing too near of him.

The same effects applies when the guy is near an explosion

This is how it's with blur:

This is how it's without blur (from 1:25 until he dies)

That effect is nice, It would be awesome if you guys could replicate it to a certain level without using too many resources checking bullets and stuff (the one without blur is more easier for OFP I think, the problem would be checking the distance of the bullet to the player but I think you guys have a function for that to make it easier for the CPU resources).

Edited by NacroxNicke

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately that's the disadvantage of the 3D sights currently. It can't be fixed for the aiming system pressing the RMB (AFAIK), but we are trying different workarounds for it.

Yeah, we have forgot to put the DSAI silent when in stealth mode.

It is there in the game logic, but we advise you not to use it at the moment since it's not working properly.

About the blur; we will try to make it, but it can be bugged. If it's possible to make it properly, it's use will be optional.

Regarding suppression. A basic implementation could probably be done using a hit eventhandler since there is always a small amount of splash damage for most bullets that I would expect to trigger it. If you can figure out how much then you can trigger the effect only for nearby impact rather than direct hits (although that may be desirable too). The eventhandlers then just need to trigger a black-in type cuttext.

You may have to tweak out your ammo splash damage and/or soldier armor values to get the effect right.

I use an init eventhandler on my player units that triggers black outs and rapid heartbeat when injured (with health regeneration after 5 seconds of not being injured). I haven't had any problems running it in MP.

Regarding suppression. A basic implementation could probably be done using a hit eventhandler since there is always a small amount of splash damage for most bullets that I would expect to trigger it. If you can figure out how much then you can trigger the effect only for nearby impact rather than direct hits (although that may be desirable too). The eventhandlers then just need to trigger a black-in type cuttext.

You may have to tweak out your ammo splash damage and/or soldier armor values to get the effect right.

I use an init eventhandler on my player units that triggers black outs and rapid heartbeat when injured (with health regeneration after 5 seconds of not being injured). I haven't had any problems running it in MP.

Thanks for your reply. We already made it with using the eventhandler, and made a blur texture aswell. It works nicely, and it will be included in the next patch.

What do I need to download to get from 0.8 to 0.9?

1. Delete your 0.8 version of Binmod

2. Then, download the Binmod 0.9 base file: ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/mods/BINMOD_0.9.rar

3. After that, patch it to 0.95 here: ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/mods/BINMOD_0.9_to_0.95.rar

4. It is also recommended to download the update here: http://www.multiupload.nl/YKNA91A1FB

It's a chunk to download, but when the next patch comes, we will upload the whole mod and a patch from 0.9-0.95 to the new version.

Why don't you upload it to one of Torrent sites,you aren't doing anything wrong by uploading it there,and the speed of download would be faster... I'm just saying...

you aren't doing anything wrong by uploading it

BitTorrent technology is not "wrong". It's a tool. Just because something is on P2P network that doesn't automatically make it illegal.

the speed of download would be faster

Only because many people are sharing the same files at once.

With frequent patches I think it would be pointless to distribute mod that way.

Edited by Faguss