batis4

Binmod Release Thread

You must be running some weapon detection script there, that enables the use of different aiming animations depending on weapon loadout... :j:

Amazing work!!! :)

Thank you very much guys! Icarus, it's 100% unscripted work. :)

You must be running some weapon detection script there, that enables the use of different aiming animations depending on weapon loadout... :j:

Amazing work!!! :)

It's clear from the second video that the weapon models are being changed to align the sights with the "eye" of the player instead of using a different animation for every weapon. However, I'm curious how the right click is being detected - if not through FWatch, maybe a "lesser used" animation such as turn left or turn right is being remapped to the key, and the player's version of this animation is being replaced by the aiming anim?

Impressive work, I hope you can get it working 100%. I was never able to get over the key-press detection issue, but it seems that you have found some clever solution to it!

That's correct Dan, but fwatch isn't used, the key mapping is rather simple. And it works 100% perfectly.

Excellent work there batis4! Pretty ground-breaking sort of stuff.

Excellent work there batis4! Pretty ground-breaking sort of stuff.

Thanks Chops!

Inspired by all of your comments, I present the third video in the series: This time with M249 SAW, our favourite at this time with the sights; it's aligned perfectly, deadly and precise.

Watch closely as the enemy fall down:

HO9umbuyuzQ

Edited by batis4

Will it work with a 0.35 zoom value?

STGN

Will it work with a 0.35 zoom value?

STGN

Negative, that's too radical of a change. It works best with 0.5, below that the sight will clip off thus making it unable to aim.

The 0.5 looks like it's too far in the video, but ingame, it is really good. When you get used to it, you are a lot more efficient shooter compared to when you aimed with the 2D sight.

0.5 is enough to be at the same level of the AI

I always have thought that 0.35 fov for optics are just too much and that's why one can just pick targets like nothing when firing.

Also, about the video, awesome, I HAVE to test this new version! :D, finally we have proper sights!

Too bad, I have grown tired of low zoom sights. Unrealistically hard to identify what you are shooting at. And doesn't really make it any harder to hit what you can see. if you hit more with 3d sights then I think you just use longer time to acquire you sights than you normally would.

STGN

Great work there!

What action does the right click overwrite?

I would also like to know that, please :)

... the key mapping is rather simple. And it works 100% perfectly.

If this is not a secret, could you tell if you used some advanced type of key mapping, or is it simply set in options?

The right click overwrites Binmod's upper stance animation SHIFT+S. The key mapping is further explained when it's released in the guide for how to apply it in the controls menu.

As for that zoom, it can be frustrating to aim with a small zoom. The 3D sight helps aiming a lot compared 2D, as it helps with the area awareness, reaction time etc. It also feels natural, no input glitches, you get to feel the gun better, you realize where the gun is (helps avoiding collisions around the environment), it doesn't feel like you're watching thru a lens.. Lots of positive improvements.

Thanks for asking questions men, it's a pleasure to reply.

Any news about the 3d sights?

Yes, releasing a patch including the sights tomorrow. It has a small range of weapons to test.

It has been done! Read the readme carefully, especially the "Installation" part, it has the info how to apply the 3D sights.

The patch doesn't need 0.91, but one can overwrite version 0.91 with this patch.

Changelog:

- 3D sights (W.I.P)

- Modified Berghoff's nature objects (replacements for Everon, Binmap 5)

- New or modified sounds for every weapon (yet again)

- A.I improved

- Optimizations

- Bugfixes

- and many more...

Download here: http://www.multiupload.nl/A99Y9H22LB (232.99 MB)

then, the hotfix here: http://www.multiupload.nl/U5JT7VG4SS (6.55 MB)

The hotfix fixes the bad animations, but the weapon with those animations aren't correctly aligned, so it is just temporary.

then, the update here: http://www.multiupload.nl/YKNA91A1FB (19.35 MB)

Note to those who have applied the hotfix: Update overwrites the hotfix, so if you have downloaded the hotfix, download this also.

Edited by batis4

My first impression is :459::pet13::pc::cc: but when you press right mouse button (after fixing controls) + backwards you will end up with some weird animation... BUT HEY! THIS IS ARMA :CWA AND IT HAS 3D SIGHTS!!!!!

and almost all weapons can use it with some effectivness...sure you are going to take an aim in real combat when outnumbered or stg worse...spray the ammo!!!!!! Sounds are great,and that island is amaizing,keep up the good work guys!

My first impression is :459::pet13::pc::cc: but when you press right mouse button (after fixing controls) + backwards you will end up with some weird animation... BUT HEY! THIS IS ARMA :CWA AND IT HAS 3D SIGHTS!!!!!

and almost all weapons can use it with some effectivness...sure you are going to take an aim in real combat when outnumbered or stg worse...spray the ammo!!!!!! Sounds are great,and that island is amaizing,keep up the good work guys!

Thanks! There are some bugs in the animations, and the missing animations will be added in the hotfix coming later today.

That was fast! Did you try the new features?

Not at all, haven't even had time to unpack it yet. Might be a few days before I get a chance to play, weekend and all.