batis4

Binmod Release Thread

hi,

Just do what the ww4 mod did to some of their units, they made some of them already scripted to have High dispersion, for example their Insurgent units have HD, make sense right since they are not really trained soldiers. The mod is perfect if the battle can last longer,the AI doesn't really know how to take cover so most of the times they are shooting each other in open ground so i thought adding HD script will make it better. ,but of course adding HD will make them ran out of ammo fast so increase the ammo mags as well? lol im asking too much aren't I =)

You can do it by yourself without any addon tweak by using this script and modify it for JAM3. All the weapons/magazines classes and their HD counterpart are included in the JAM3 readme so it's not that hard to adapt it for binmod. It works great for longer firefight. For the "out of ammo" problem you can use an infinitive mags script or a rearm script, I will post one later if I don't forget.

cya.

Nikiller.

Just do what the ww4 mod did to some of their units, they made some of them already scripted to have High dispersion, for example their Insurgent units have HD, make sense right since they are not really trained soldiers. The mod is perfect if the battle can last longer,the AI doesn't really know how to take cover so most of the times they are shooting each other in open ground so i thought adding HD script will make it better. ,but of course adding HD will make them ran out of ammo fast so increase the ammo mags as well? lol im asking too much aren't I =)

Binmod's Insurgent units also use High Dispersion systems. If you want other units to use them too, you could also try what Nikiller suggested.

getting error "No entry config.cpp/cfgweapons.BD_ThrowGP" after the game launched

Edited by Laukhan

Soldier clipping through wall :rolleyes:

Can please explain why did you choose such geometry settings?

binmod2.jpg

And why is it so difficult to climb up stairs?

Besides that, great mod :thumbsup:

Icarus

Icarus, the clipping will be fixed in the next patch.

This will also be featured in the next patch, the aiming works by pressing Right Mouse Button (few things need to be set from control options menu):

LwHJ2PZ8Xoo

Sorry about the sounds, but you get the idea.

2dha33b.jpg

Everything went better than expected.

Holy shit.

Indeed.

fjfAwZLroDk

Sorry for the sounds, again, some problems with Fraps.

Noooooooo!!!!!!! ..... I am working on 3D ironsight mini mod myself..... :mad:

Now you made my efforts useless. Bah

Never mind that, Great Job Anyway :)

Icarus :(

P.S. Will you have 3D sights for handguns (pistols) aswell?

Edited by Icarus
To allow forum readers see video made by batis4

Noooooooo!!!!!!! ..... I am working on 3D ironsight mini mod myself..... :mad:

Now you made my efforts useless. Bah

Never mind that, Great Job Anyway :)

Icarus :(

P.S. Will you have 3D sights for handguns (pistols) aswell?

But you can always try to top it ;)

Thanks, the sights will be most likely made for handguns. And I hope your sights will be working.

Does it work for other weapons than scar?

STGN

Does it work for other weapons than scar?

STGN

Not at the moment, but more weapons will come. We also made the lean animations and soon we will make the aiming for walking.

You wrote that 3D ironsight is turned on by pressing RMB. So, does it means that V key still turns on 2D sight, and it's possible to have for example ACOG with working scope and working backup sight? Or SVD with both PSO and ironsight (in real life scope mount in SVD is high enough to use ironsight when in emergency situation)? That'd be great!

Yes, in fact I had no idea about ACOG backup sights before seeing your screenshot :D

You wrote that 3D ironsight is turned on by pressing RMB. So, does it means that V key still turns on 2D sight, and it's possible to have for example ACOG with working scope and working backup sight? Or SVD with both PSO and ironsight (in real life scope mount in SVD is high enough to use ironsight when in emergency situation)? That'd be great!

Yes, V will activate the 2D sight. It's possible if the model is made that way, of course you can quickfire even without any sights, if the model isn't made that way.

Edited by batis4

@batis4

Man, since you and SJ-Studiuos are 100 times more productive than me, I will give you an idea... :p

How about 3D sights (based on custom animations) for M203 grenade launcher? :cool:

Icarus :)

@batis4

Man, since you and SJ-Studiuos are 100 times more productive than me, I will give you an idea... :p

How about 3D sights (based on custom animations) for M203 grenade launcher? :cool:

Icarus :)

We'll see about it.

Not trying to raise up any excessive hype, but the sights are awesome. Much much better than in ArmA, no mouse-lag or smoothing problems whatsoever.

EDIT:

Now, more weapons have been done, enhanced the animations, and made the leans to work.

We have planned to release the sights to Binmod later this month. Anyways, here's the new video, which will show M16A2 with aimpoint in work:

Still some problems with sounds in the video.

Edited by batis4

I am back after some time and what I see here looks just awesome!

Already downloading new version to try those features out.

And also can't wait for 3D sights! :D

Keep on great job!

Regards.

S

w

e

e

e

e

e

e

t