Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

Guide for New OA content :p\ drive setup

Guide for noobs on extracting OA content and converting for use

hi all ive had such a sh*t time not getting this right for my map to work so now I've managed it as there's no guides for OA stuff yet or proper bis tools i found out the hard way now ill share what I've found out to get my map working and playing to save some 1 else the nightmare Ive had

After setting up your BI Tools Drive you need to download some kit from

mikero @ devheaven

Bisdll http://dev-heaven.net/projects/tdt/files

Dpbo.dll http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

Convertp3d all the rest from the second link

Arma2p

Extractpbo

Make a folder I called mine convert now put all downloaded kit in here for it to work then put the convert folder in :p\ drive

And click the arma2p now a dos box will open and delete some folders but will refill them with oa content as well as arma2 now it will convert and rename OA content the p3d models for visitor to see it will also put the arma2oa bulldozer exe in so will work in visitor

Now after some time it will complete now look in the :p\ca folder

and copy all the sky_ textures files and cloud weather from :p\CA\takistan\data folder

now place them in your map folder ie map\data

Now delete all but these files

buildings

buildings2

misc

misc2

misc3

misc fix

plants2

plants_e

plants_pmc

roads

roads2

roads_e

roads_pmc

signs2

signs_e

structures

structures_e

structures_pmc

UI

Now if its like mine your buildings and like will show in Vis3 and bulldozer and binpbo will work with no errors from OA models or Oa configs i still have to sort the anims for the doors and ladders and new oa roads but there is a guide in a thread some where soon as ive sorted it ill add to post :)

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

do ya think you could zip up your successfull P drive and upload it? I was going fine with my setup till I got to the object adding stage, now manually changed 1 or 2 p3ds to be the correct version for the stock bulldozer, but now after using arma2P its all up the duff

Did you try the hex edit I done that and it messed me up you only need 1 way either the hex edit or arma2p tool you don't need both as you get errors when using both ways I know Iv'e done it and f%$^ed it and fixed it

If you have all the tools for arma2p above then save work folder on desktop uninstall p drive

delete any temp folders now reinstall bi tools and put your arma2p convert folder in p drive run the exe now wait for it to convert

now place your saved map in p drive

It will do all models even pmc which are 50 oa 49 arma2 48 model vesion

Now do the above 1st post I don't have a namspace folder do not copy xbat bit like sgt ace it's not working for me ive got 1 work folder that i use for what map im making i call hellskitchen mine inside data and source in there No CA FOLDER

what guide are you following

as like is said before sgt ace guide uses a tut folder my way is direct in p when i tried the tut folder it wont binerize the models when i don't use a tut folder as long as you only have the above folders in the ca folder it will work no many how many times i tried the ace way comes up with errors on binerization

seems to be errors with the ui folder when doing sgt way and data can mess up aswell the config from ui folder kills binpbo on binerize

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

my ca folder is about 5 gig so cant do it ill talk you through it as any time i can save some1 else some hassle i will

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Hope you find out how to use the roads soon, as i cannot select any of them without it giving me the error that they are not valid road parts.

Also, how do i get visitor to open with bulldozerOA as i cant seem to find the icon for it?

Edited by [EVO] Dan

for using the roads re-install the bi_toolsdrive it will give u your proper roads back while all pmc_objects stay useable if u download all latest tools for converting the pmc addons it will make a seperate folder where it stores your useable roads so u can paste them back in to ca folder later it even makes a folder with all the config.cpp's

THX SmokeDog with the new Arma2p all the Arrowhead stuff is working now.

yeahhh