Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

ACE co 17 Shukurkalay Patrol

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5829/arma2oa2011030700123703.jpg

In this mission your German unit will make its way through the town of Shukurkalay. The town is held by terrorists, some hiding amongst civilian population, so you will have to constantly watch your back as any civilian might be a terrorist. Enemy reinforcements will be arriving periodically, so don't take too long. Additional enemy reinforcements will arrive if unarmed civilians are killed.

Features:

- Mission scales based on number of players and difficulty set in mission parameters.

- Completely random enemy positions.

- UPSMON for controlling combatants.

Note: Mission is very easy to port by copy-pasting to other islands. Unit (numbers and classes) are easy to change by slight script modifications. If you require help please ask any questions in this thread.

Good luck!

Required addons:

ACE with ACEX

Recommended addons:

Zeus AI

Download:

Multiupload (v1.00):

http://www.multiupload.com/7SG6C81WLP

Armaholic (v1.00):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13611

Edited by galzohar

download this mission and become the lord of the rings.

Sorry but you are not the first to come up with that joke. I could just make it an X marker but then you wouldn't know how large the area you have to check is ;)

You mean respawn? Dead players get ACE spectator script. Lose more than 1/2 of your men and the mission fails.

BIS alternative injury system modules are used.

Mission should be short enough so that spectators wouldn't get bored. If you take too long enemy reinforcements will overwhelm you anyway.

Nice little mission, played it about 7 times with 6 players, successively ramping up the difficulty.

Without de-pboing, I'm guessing trigger upon 'waypoint reached' was pretty much instantaneous? Suggest putting some kind of random timer, eg 10-60 seconds for the associated civilian 'action'? Seemed to be almost predictable. Also, the reinforcements never really got overwhelming. we completed on Very Hard without too many difficulties, taking our time. A random probablity of another BDRM or armed UAZ on the harder difficulties with more then say 5 players would be cool too.

Only other comment is shared with Fortified Villa; the Mission End trigger upon half the team being killed; can you delay this by 5 or 10 seconds so we can work out who got killed first?

PS nice work! Kept us solidly entertained tonight for 3 hours!

The waypoint triggers do have a random timer, although not a very long one and it does require that you have a lot more friendlies than enemies in the circle, meaning if it says "waypoint reached" you either cleared the circle or almost cleared it, so on one hand you need to try and clear it but on the other hand even when you get the message there might still be enemies inside. Timer could be increased a bit though.

As for difficulty, I'm surprised you found "very hard" possible, because I've been getting complaints that "medium" is way too difficult ;) I guess it's not a big deal to add higher difficulty options.

For the lose trigger, I can add a small delay, sure. Should be quite easy.

And thx.