Sign in to follow this  
ffur2007slx2_5

Which part the time you spent at most in ARMA2?

Which part the time you spent at most in ARMA2?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which part the time you spent at most in ARMA2?

• 1. I spend most time in multiplayer.
    • 2. I spend most time on playing SP scenarios and campaigns only in origional version.
    • 3. I spend most time on playing player made addons, mods, missions and campaigns.
    • 4. I spend most time on scenario editing with various addons and enjoy sharing it.
    • 5. I spend most time on scenario editing without any addons or mods and enjoy sharing it.
    • 6. I spend most time on scripting, configutration and modeling and enjoy sharing it.
    • 7. I spend most time in Armory.
    • 8. I seldom play ARMA2 for I'm busy with my work, but I'll never remove it from my PC.
    • 9. Other parts. (Which part?)

Here I post this thread just in purpose to know which part the time you spent at most in ARMA2.

I devided this poll into 9 choices just in order to know which part in ARMA2 is the most attractive one.

Thanks for your vote.:)

I spend most of the time in MP. Installed ArmA a couple of weeks ago and i am a bit dissapointed... Plenty of servers yet 90% of them regularly empty, plenty of top quality community created missions yet most of the servers are apparently running Domination West Revive 24/7.

There are more active OFP servers today as there are active ArmA2 servers, and this makes me very sad.

Amazing, OFP server still alive? So does it mean there're still a few people play OFP nowadays?

Btw, I enjoy scripting and testing based on origional version because too many mods or addons makes me hard to find the unit I want in editing dialoge.

Most addon makers prefer to configurate their works with new categories which makes the list very large if you downloaded too many.

@ Flattermann

a2 MP stats (With player numbers)

OFP MP stats (Shows only server state)

You must have been day dreaming. ;)

I voted 5: I spend most time on scenario editing without any addons or mods and enjoy sharing it. Pretty much exactly what I do these days. :p

@ Flattermann

a2 MP stats (With player numbers)

OFP MP stats (Shows only server state)

You must have been day dreaming. ;)

OK OK, you're right, i've overdrawn that a bit.. ;) But anyway when i check the ArmA2 server browser i see less then 10 servers playing most of the time that are not passworded... And i think i see less then there actually are, but that's something for the troubleshooting section.

You should have added the option "browsing forums"

:P

-k

Playing MP, taking names ;)

LOL,

I enjoy Multiplayer, SP and editing scenarios with and without mods. But I voted 5.

Heck, I just love it all hey.

You should have added the option "browsing forums"

:P

-k

Good, I planning to do it.

Btw, from the poll I find that different from Chinese players, most guys here spend most time on multiplayer while in China, most guys prefer editing and playing downloaded addons in SP mode.

most guys prefer editing and playing downloaded addons in SP mode.

Ahh, the way it used to be lol

4. I spend most time on scenario editing with various addons and enjoy sharing it.

80% of time in editor, 15% of time testing to figure out what I broke, 5% of time actually playing mission

No wonder BIS works hard on improving online gaming experience than adding new elements to editor. lol!

Multiplayer all the way for me... though I do spend a lot of time creating missions for our group, so it might actually be a tie. But multiplayer is a big one!

Guilty secret: I've never played any of the campaigns past the third mission, and some I never even started...

Multiplayer coop and mission editing. But I think I spend more time editing the videos that I film while playing coop, like 3-4 hours, sometimes more, editing 2-3 hours of gameplay. Cutting, searching for some song in YT, leaving only the best part of the mission, etc. I like to edit those gameplay videos, as much as playing it

Multiplayer PvP (AAS), nothing else which is only possible because of the massive and great editing/scripting capabilities that allow making a game-mode that isn't natively supported by the game itself.

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

Visitor, text-editor, Photoshop, Oxygen, ... I've noticed I don't even use Arma ;)

Kidding... I play 1 evening per week with my buddies.

95% time on addons 5% on SP and looking on other mods

....Fire up the game, pick some random island at the editor, fly around firing bombs\rockets, change the time to night, fly again.

Then I exit the game, plan some missions\game modes in my head, get VERY excited about the whole concept,fire up the game, pick some random island..... Accomplish NOTHING!

Most time i've spent to figure out how things work configwise, testing, researching and such. Could have saved a lot of time (and a lot more actually productive work done) if proper documentation were available.

....Fire up the game, pick some random island at the editor, fly around firing bombs\rockets, change the time to night, fly again.

Then I exit the game, plan some missions\game modes in my head, get VERY excited about the whole concept,fire up the game, pick some random island..... Accomplish NOTHING!

I do the same thing. I do wish there was an option on the poll regarding using the editor and addons, minus the "end enjoy sharing it" bit. Not a single thing I make in the editor ever sees the light of day, and most likely never will (Well, There may be a few, but I'm no real missionmaker), as I either make it using a crapload of addons, things that are private beta's, or it's something that distracts me but if it was on an MP server it would be a load of crap.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Most of my time is spent developing the missions in my signature (mostly warfare right now).

I also sometimes help test some mods that are made by a fellow TGW member.

I try to play an organized match at least once a week (time permitting).