Sign in to follow this  
michelstreet

MSRS - Australian Intervention Unit (recruiting)

Michel street reality server

Operation Arrowhead

Server name : MSRS server

Maker: Michel Street

Slots 16

Campaign link and addons : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13581

Website and our idea about missions

We have a own website on the internet. Herea you can find information about the unit, Missions, Campaign and server information. We are looking for players they want to play realistic missions. Campaigns with different fases. Like deployment, Preparing before main task, Main task and re-deployment.

Our current Campaign is online 24/7 on the server. The first fase is to deploy the assets in the Area op Operation. After that we do the main objectives. after that we can make the choice to stablish te city and do some social patrols and showing the force to the civilians of Fallujah. After that we re-deploy our vehicles back to the airfield and make ready for cargo with transport airplanes.

We try to make a realistic way of war. No normal arma 2 mission where you must do some taskings and on the end of the game the mission is to a end. No we do a long period of campaign and make different fases of fighting. Maybe in several missions or taskings no enemy. Only doing patrols and clear ied's etc.

Michel Street

The owner of the server and website has done 2 missions in Afghanistan. He knows real scenario's about mission in the real life of Afghanistan. He try to make almost his experience build in the editor for the gamers of Arma2.

Missions and addons

Before a campaign starts you can see on the website or armaholic what you must download. The standard addon is the AAW addon from Australians at war. This is the unit that the AIU use for playing. The missions or islands are all the desert versions. from Takistan to Afghanistan, From Afghanistan to Iraq. If you play many times our missions than you have almost every time the right and correct addons on your machine. U must use the CBA addons for your version of Operation Arrowhead.

If i use other addons than you know that always if you look at the mission or campaign order. This is the best way to fight on arma 2

Your idea is my time for building

If you are a member and you have a great idea about a mission or campaign. Please mail me on the Mal me page on the website. From there we can talk about your idea to make a new mission. Im very open for new things.

But my first objective is

Try to get members to the unit. You can stay at your current clan or organistation. If i play a mission i mail you and you know if you are coming or not. The mission on the server is 24/7 online. No training or standart times. Your time is your time and not my time.

Final

If you have questions mail me. and i see you maybe on the battlefield.

regards. Michel Street

Edited by michelstreet

Hey Michel.

Always good to see another keen and motivated Aussie player. I'll excuse your poor grammar as I'm guessing you have Dutch heritage and I've got Dutch blood myself so I'll go easy on you :p

There is already over a dozen different ArmA clans in Australia/New Zealand, varying in sizes from 5 to 40+. It's a tough market to break into with a lot of competition and relatively small player base (with few 'new' players)

You can find most of them at www.ausarma.org

There are also other big groups like OCB clan, GoN, HellsGaming (new) and OGN.

You may find there isn't many public players running Felujah that will join your server. Not to say you might not have the best missions ever made, but most players don't jump onto an empty server just to give it a go and those who are well versed in running mods, are usually already in a clan.

A lot of the clans are playing Insurgency, Domination and MSO at the moment. More info on AusArmA.

Games.on.Net has majority of Warfare players, running vanilla (mostly just sound mods allowed). HellsGaming is Insurgency.

CreoBellum, started by AEF_Wolffy is collaborative mission design site with lots of helpful resources for creating your own missions and getting input from other local mission editors.

Give all these resources a browse through and you might make some friends who will come try your missions out.

I would also recommend you change the name of your server/website. If you are looking at starting a team/clan, naming it after yourself is not a good idea. Players are attracted to names/brands they trust and can relate to. AIU is fine, but ditch all references to yourself except to note you're the clan leader and server admin.

Also try to copy and paste your website content into MS Word and check for spelling and grammar. Not sure how your spoken English is, but those looking for realism often use TeamSpeak, so fluent English is a must. Of course players with heavy accents (oh where art thou Zoli) are also great fun to play with.

Best of luck.

P.S: You should be posting this thread in the following forum, as this is for ArmA1, not ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead.

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Edited by Freeborne