Sign in to follow this  
Saint Warrior

Healthy teammate is creeping and does not stand up - please help

Hi all,

I don't know what to do here. My healthy teammate Nr. 4 (on the right on screenshot) is creeping on the ground all the time and does not want to stand up in Badlands mission. That happened after he was wounded numerous times during the battle but I healed him and as you can see his icon is green, he is fully geared and loaded up.

I tried "7" key "Safe", "Stand up" commands as well as "Return to formation" and "Regroup" but nevertheless he goes on creeping. I still have one village to capture and I can't take that creeping bastard along as he is delaying my team and maybe surrounded and killed back there.

What should I do here? Is there any remedy to make him stand up and move normally with the team? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

creeping.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Have you tried the "Copy my stance/Stay low" command? (7 key) I forgot what it's called in the "7" menu but it should be there.

The AI would copy your current stance.

Yes I have tried everything but this problem cannot be solved by any command.

I fixed it only by ordering him to get into a parked UAZ and ordering to disembark afterwards. After that he started following my orders again and walking normally. So getting unit into some vehicle or equipment is the only solution in this case.

This bug happened during intense combat, the unit was holding defense in a house that got heavily bombarded by Chedaki grenade launchers as well as their BTR.

Optimist might say BI has added Shell Shock feature to the game.

Pessimist will just say it is just rare bug created on the way with all those changes done lately to AI movement, formations and lots of good stuff.

Actually I expericenced something similar in Dogs Of War and character Sykes. He just kept on walking crouched backwards with no way to stop him. He walked as long as he glitched to something or ran into enemies kilometers away and eventually died to either way.

The only way to stop him was to wound him, but after healing him, he started repeating same movement. Could not even command him to enter any vehicle.

Had to revert to earlier save to get rid of that mysterious bug.