dodek96_pl

Couple of questions before buying ARMA2

What should I buy?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What should I buy?

• ARMA 2 only
    • ARMA 2 + OA
    • ARMA 2 CO
    • ARMA 2 + Some other expansion (which?)

Actually, it is perfectly viable to play on LAN with a single game copy. You just need to have a properly configured dedicated server running on one of the machines.

The problem I have with dedicated servers, is that they won't host the campaigns. (My favourite bits).

If you have any tips on how to config that dedi server I'd very much appreciate giving it a try.

I experimented a bit with dedi servers on my LAN but I have no idea if I attempted to join with the same CD keys or if I used seperate ones.

Edited by Baff1

Thanks once again for replying. I think I will buy Arma+OA and combine them, won't buy BAF or anything else. I ran demo on second "harvester" and run fine on medium-high settings with visibility set to 1600 and normal details of everything else, except for AA and AF, both disabled. I also was able to play demo on 3 computers through LAN. Downloaded OA demo too, didn't play so much but what I played already was kinda fun. I'll buy the game ASAP. Thanks once again.

PS. Don't threat me with Steam! I won't touch that waste of time, money, nerves and joy of life.I bought MW2 on steam and it is enough for me for the whole life.

Bought the game. I'm speechless... This is the best and most realistic game I've ever played. I've only played OA through CO though. I'm going to download all necessary patches and plug my microphone, then play on multi :) BIG thanks for your help again!

The problem I have with dedicated servers, is that they won't host the campaigns. (My favourite bits).

If you have any tips on how to config that dedi server I'd very much appreciate giving it a try.

I experimented a bit with dedi servers on my LAN but I have no idea if I attempted to join with the same CD keys or if I used seperate ones.

have your tried kickduplicate = 0; in your server.cfg file? (doesn't matter if it's LAN or dedicated)

Suggest: ARMAII - ARMA OA - BAF / PMC expansion then get ACE2 mod :-)

Get the demo and try it out first. Then head for CO if it suits you... you can get the reinforcement later.

Don't you guys read the whole topic? I already said that I bought ARMA + OA and combined them. I won't buy reinfocements because I simply don't need it. I've got a question, if I play through LAN on one key once, will the key be considered illegal and I'll have to buy the game again in order to play without fade on both machines (and any other machines that use the key)? I hope not.

have you read my reply? or any other ones?

1. you won't trigger fade, you just won't be able to connect to the LAN server using the same key (will try to, but will kick you off)

2. you can try the work around i posted about in my previous post. It used to work with A1. haven't tested it with A2.