dodek96_pl

Couple of questions before buying ARMA2

What should I buy?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What should I buy?

• ARMA 2 only
    • ARMA 2 + OA
    • ARMA 2 CO
    • ARMA 2 + Some other expansion (which?)

Hello! I want to have ARMA 2 and have a couple of questions:

-Should I buy OA and some other addons too (if so, please recommend me one or two and if you can, describe in a few words, what does it change, what does it introduce to ARMA world)

-Will I be able to play in LAN on one key or the FADE will kick my ass again? :)

-Is BAF worth it?

I mainly aim to PR ARMA ( :) ) and to play through LAN. Also, want to know if my second compi (Sempron 1.8GHZ one core, 2GB RAM, HD4650) will do well without overclocking :) Thank you for answers, see you on the servers!

1. get both, OA and ArmA II. You can play all ArmA II content in OA

2. OA is much more advanced and features engine and functionality improvement like lock on time for missiles, FLIR for infantry weapons, helicopters and vehicles , countermeasure etc.

3. No you cant play the game on LAN or internet on one key.

4. Yes BAF is worth it and PMC is worth it too.

btw: ArmA II CO is ArmA2 + OA

Get Arma2:CO (Combined Ops)

Not only would you be able to play Arma2, but OA as well without having to shutdown the game just to switch to the other game.

The DLC's which is the PMC, and BAF are good from what I hear.

As for your computer specs

Sempron 1.8GHZ one core, 2GB RAM, HD4650

your going to have problems with this, I would suggest trying out the OA demo before you buy to see if your computer can even run

the game or your going to be dissapointed. But I would still get Arma2:CO its worth it, but seriously man you will need a better cpu to play this game.

I have a single core myself but its a AMD 2.6 single, I have 750watt PSU, and Nvidia GTX260, 2g ramm,a d on some islands i can max out my settings,

if your going to upgrade get a dual core cpu!

at least meet the min requirements.

1. AA2 CO since it's cheaper than buying both AA2 and OA and there's no difference.

2. FADE will kick your ass

3. BAF is OK, but don't waste your money on PMC - you'd be better off buying some cheap trash shooter from those polish devs

4. No your second PC won't be able to handle it

Given your PC specs, I wouldn't buy the game at all.

Given your PC specs, I wouldn't buy the game at all.

Agree.

But these threads are so bloody stupid any way.

Read the whole message guys, you missed that it's the second compi specs... I played ARMA 2 demo on my first comp and works quite fine. Sadly, I couldn't find CO anywhere in my country, so I'll have to buy separate ones. Thanks for your answers!

Read the whole message guys, you missed that it's the second compi specs... I played ARMA 2 demo on my first comp and works quite fine. Sadly, I couldn't find CO anywhere in my country, so I'll have to buy separate ones. Thanks for your answers!

You wont find combined OP`s as far as I know its only available as a download.

If you prefer disks to downloads you can buy AA2 and OA on separate disks and simply combine them to make Combined Ops like I did.

Buy the CO game and get the DLC when its cheap on Steam or something if you choose to stick with the game. Online wise I would reckon only the British DLC is really worth it. PMC is okay, but you dont really see it much online compared to the British stuff.

The reason to get CO is that you more or less need it to play online without too much hassle and its cheaper overall if you like that game.

ArmA 2 Combined Operations is definately worth buying. I don't play online but I just love the original campaign as well as Operation Arrowhead and DLC campaigns. There is plenty of fun in the mission editor and single missions. In terms of single player this is an absolutely greatest single player gaming experience.

Hi, ArmA2 + OA = CO. If you want to increase the number of servers where play and vanila content... then go for that; here in spain the ArmA2 is 9.96€ and the OA was 19.99€ the last year. So ArmA2 + OA = CO for 30€ (retail booth) is not expensive, if you find a place with a better price for the retail CO... then go for that.

About your 2Nd computer... don't try to install the OA/CO on it, it'll explode. Let's C ya

I think CO is US market exclusive.

Well, I bought OA at first.But later I bought ArmA2, and combined them together.I strongly recommend everyone to do so.Not only you won't be able to enter every server with just one game but it's bringing you more options for creating your own missions.And you have both campaigns+addons.Hell lot of fun.:yay:

CO is not US market exclusive, but it doesn't really matter anyway. CO is nothing but 2 DVDs (ArmA2 and OA) in one box, you still get two DVD keys and two manuals (in one paperback)

Just install ArmA2 first, do not download and install any Arma2 patches (!), put the OA DVD in, install it into the same directory (!), e.g. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 - then download the OA Patch 1.57 and run it - done. :)

Hello! I want to have ARMA 2 and have a couple of questions:

-Should I buy OA and some other addons too (if so, please recommend me one or two and if you can, describe in a few words, what does it change, what does it introduce to ARMA world)

-Will I be able to play in LAN on one key or the FADE will kick my ass again? :)

-Is BAF worth it?

I mainly aim to PR ARMA ( :) ) and to play through LAN. Also, want to know if my second compi (Sempron 1.8GHZ one core, 2GB RAM, HD4650) will do well without overclocking :) Thank you for answers, see you on the servers!

It's still a rip off for LAN users.

I don't know about FADE, it just kicks you out at join server screen. It probably threatens you with FADE at that point, but who cares? Let it FADE as much as it likes.

BAF has no mulitplayer content, so don't buy multiple copies of that for LAN at all.

I did however enjoy it, being as I'm a Brit and they kindly named it after me.

I'd be concenred about the power of your second computer. It would be worth downloading and installing the demo on it before shelling out for ArmA 2 and and expansions I think.

I'm pretty sure it will function, but I'm not sure if it will run to a standard you will be happy with.

OA is worth buying more as a gateway to the other DLC than for it's own sake. Unless you can find it for cheap. It's not a very big expansion, but what there is of it, is exciting.

Edited by Baff1

BAF has no mulitplayer content

Apart from 7 coop missions

@OP: But whatever you buy don't buy a Steam version of anything. If you want a digital version anyway buy it from Sprocket

Steam version is a pain in the ass when it comes to mods and combining OA and AA2

It's still a rip off for LAN users.

I don't know about FADE, it just kicks you out at join server screen. It probably threatens you with FADE at that point, but who cares? Let it FADE as much as it likes.

Good luck playing your non-functional game then.

And please, don't try to persuade people to let FADE activate in future.

It's not the FADE that is making it non-functional.

Making it extra non-functional isn't much of an issue.

Know what I mean?

FADE as much as you like. FADE it right off my HDD if poss.

@Metalcraze

Thanks for the correction matey.

Edited by Baff1

Well, try activating FADE and take yourself to a whole new level of unfunctionality you've never experienced before.

Perhaps BIS should trademark that...

FADE can do whatever it likes... to software that will never be launched again.

Unfunctionality plus is no more scarey than vanilla unfunctionality.

The only new level anyone is likely experience is the uninstallation screen.

I should think they have trademarked FADE.

Lol... remember the OpF days...

Is it FADE or is it a bug?

Hahaha. How we all laughed.

Edited by Baff1

So what exactly is your role here then, Baff1? Just trolling until we've had enough? ;)

Let's refrain from discussing the ins and outs of FADE from now on.

vanilla unfunctionailty.

what the fuck are you talking about the game runs completely fine

The OP asked if LAN games worked on a second PC with the same CD key without setting FADE off.

The answer is no.

The games disconnect at the server screen.

So although you may get a FADE warning, the game is already designed not to function in this way.

It does not function in this method by default (vanilla), rather than functioning in this method but gradually degrading in performance.

So what exactly is your role here then, Baff1? Just trolling until we've had enough? ;)

Sorry boss, it's a subject I both know about and care about. So I replied.

Edited by Baff1

Yup, and that was answered in the first reply to the OP, and more "specifically" later in reply 3. :p