Sign in to follow this  
chiefredcloud

Can I Run Two ArmA 2's ?

I need to know if I can run two instances (installations) of ArmA 2/OA/CO. I want to keep a stock copy for playing on our Clan servers but would like to also play some ACE inhaced servers or host one myself.

What do I need to do to accomplish this without causeing any conflicts?

Mod folder and shortcuts to separate .exe's may be what you are looking for.

Yes you can run as many instances (clients) as your computer can handle. They will all share same CD key, so only one at a time on a server. I have many different keys, but the game only allows one per PC in registry.

I have several 'server folders' set up on my 'server pc', mostly so I can keep track of missions for various configurations. I don't see any other way around that. If I want certain missions, I start a certain server...

As for clients, mod folders are all I really need, although a better way of handling missions would make my day (using SSDs and I don't want multiple installs just for missions on them).

As usual, I hope I didn't completely miss the point... :)

what Mosh said.

pretty cool actually, I do this when editing mp missions I run two editors at the same time, sometimes 3.

When testing I'll run 2 games on 2 different missions. But I know you can run multiple clients of MP as in hosting,

I dont know about going online to like multiple servers though never tried it nor was inclined to.

As mentioned above, all you need are modfolders. Properly installed, ArmA2/OA add-ons/mods don't overwrite any content from the stock game. If you put the mod in your launch parameters, it loads; if you don't, it doesn't and you're running the stock version again. No need for separate installs or anything.

See options 2 and 3: http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Essentially you just place each mod in it's own folder ('@Mod_name') in the root A2/OA folder, then put '-mod=@Mod_name;@othermod' in your shortcut. A launcher even does the shortcut part for you. Alpinestars and Spirited Machine both make good ones.

As mentioned above, all you need are modfolders. Properly installed, ArmA2/OA add-ons/mods don't overwrite any content from the stock game. If you put the mod in your launch parameters, it loads; if you don't, it doesn't and you're running the stock version again. No need for separate installs or anything.

See options 2 and 3: http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Essentially you just place each mod in it's own folder ('@Mod_name') in the root A2/OA folder, then put '-mod=@Mod_name;@othermod' in your shortcut. A launcher even does the shortcut part for you. Alpinestars and Spirited Machine both make good ones.

Now this is what I was trying to remember. Thanks. :bounce3: