Sign in to follow this  
DAP

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

Thanks for informing us about the latest update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

DAP please its possible to turn off new icons? They flash a lot and in my mission I don't want em. If possible make icons optional via variable or as param for [player] execVM "STALKER_DAPMOD\Scripts\PlayerFunctions.sqf" call.

I will try model bolts pouch per UI icon you have as first test to see how get model into game if you are ok with that.

@ataribaby,

Hey, you should seriously team up with DAP and get some of these things fixed and going.

You seem to be doing a great job.

Then, when you're both ready, pump out a 5 mission campaign (or more!) to really introduce the MOD.

Maybe something done like one of the games.

In this way, you're sure to get many players hooked on the MOD, then you can get lots more feed back.

Just my suggestion.

@Kommiekat

Just started learning ARMA 2 scripting. Doing first steps. Also got first problem. My Stalker Agent script do strange things in multiplayer. Like stalkers put items around instead into backpack when updating backpack content. Need learn locality stuff in MP I think. Already offered help with 3d models and starting to do first one.

Otherwise I working on persistent SP/MP Hosted/MP Dedicated STALKER sandbox mission to be used with this mod.

Hmm. The indicators for both the Radiation and also Health seem to be quite large. Is there a possibility these can be made smaller? Somewhere around 32x32?

Also I have noticed that you get turned into a criminal as a neutral Stalker for firing and killing hostile only units such as the Military. Is there also a way this can be changed?

Hey DAP - can I host a copy of the updates as well?

How can I get my Stalker to sleep? [Play single player game... lol]

Do I have to buy a tent? [No]

Can I just accelerate time without my Stalker getting exhausted? [sP game solves it]

It's getting dark in my YT playthrough and it'd be silly to keep stalking in the pitch black of a foggy Namalsk midnight. :-)

I updated to 1.02 and SP game, then, after taking out some Zombied stalkers my faction changed to Criminal. Not good.

Also agree with Archer336 that the icons are a bit large (and a bit skewed in 16:10 ratio).

Edited by Grimwald
clarity

Tried in 1.0 single player and found the same issue - kill a Zombie become a criminal. This is a bit too magical even for Stalker ;)

MP didn't have this issue - but can't sleep so have a night-time problem (unless I leave it on overnight so it advances).

Are there more mission-types than the fetch quests I've seen so far?

Hey DAP - can I host a copy of the updates as well?

OK :)

How can I get my Stalker to sleep?

Only in SP.

Do I have to buy a tent?

You MUST do it :) Then you will able to place tent and use it as mobile respawn point. Also in patch 1.03 tent will be save your gear after death.

Can I just accelerate time without my Stalker getting exhausted?

Only in SP. When you sleep :)

It's getting dark in my YT playthrough and it'd be silly to keep stalking in the pitch black of a foggy Namalsk midnight. :-)

Use flashlight :) Better way - 24/7 dedicated server. While mission on dedicated server is online, your current state always saves each 5 seconds and after your rejoin this state will be restored.

I updated to 1.02 and SP game, then, after taking out some Zombied stalkers my faction changed to Criminal. Not good.

Hmmm. I was thinking, that I already fixed this bug. I need check it.

"It's getting dark in my YT playthrough and it'd be silly to keep stalking in the pitch black of a foggy Namalsk midnight. :-)"

Actually mate, I'd love to see you do at least one torchlight night time play through! :)

"It's getting dark in my YT playthrough and it'd be silly to keep stalking in the pitch black of a foggy Namalsk midnight. :-)"

Actually mate, I'd love to see you do at least one torchlight night time play through! :)

Just for you meshcarver --

. Leave a comment on what to do next.

DAP - since you're working on 1.03 it'd be good to have a repeating longarm of some sort with a cost between the AK and the double-rifle at either the trader or the "quest-giver". Something like an Enfield, Mosin-Nagant 1891, Saiga 12, or an SKS.

Edited by Grimwald
suggestion

Hi Grimwald,

Hey, thanks for the shoutout mate..! ;)

I've left a comment on your Youtube play through, so am really looking forwards to the next instalment of DAPs STALKER mod..!

Keep it up DAP and good luck with the next update!

Found strange bug. After you load saved game generated dogs and placed bloodsuckers do not run its logic. They stand still frozen and when killed you cant loot em. If you approach dogs module or bloodsucker without reload game all works fine. Strange is zombie module do not have this bug. This bug destroys game after you reaload :( Happenned in SP mode. Dunno about hosted and dedicated ( well in dedicated there is no save so its out of question).

It can be tested easily. Start new SP and run to Alakit. At half way save (I do this when I going around old dump) and continue to Alakit. Dogs are activated fine. Now reload save and run to Alaki again. Dogs are spawned and frozen.

Also after reload I found this bug happens. Probably not so critical at all.

stalkerloaderror.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Just tested hosted MP and same bug occurred.

After bit of fiddling I think that error from screen above is real cause.

From RPT log:

Error in expression <cle _sound;};

}] call RE;
};

if (_dmg > _currentdmg) then {_currentdmg = _dmg;>
 Error position: <> _currentdmg) then {_currentdmg = _dmg;>
 Error Generic error in expression

}] call RE;
};

}] call RE;
};

}] call RE;
};

}] call RE;
};

And it leads me into WILDDOG.sqf file where must be error that happens during reload save game. Maybe some var is undefined and needs NIL check? Have no clue how to debug this in arma 2 more yet.

must be this code

if (_dmg > _currentdmg) then {_currentdmg = _dmg; _dog setSpeedMode "FULL"; _dog doMove [(getPos _dog select 0)+_area*sin(random 360),(getPos _dog select 1)+_area*cos(random 360)]; sleep 1.5;};
if ((unitReady _dog) or (isPlayer _dog)) then {_dog setSpeedMode "LIMITED"; sleep ((random 10)+5);_sfx=0;_dog doMove [(_areacenter select 0)+_area*sin(random 360),(_areacenter select 1)+_area*cos(random 360)];};
sleep 3;

hey Stalkers,

I found this mod today's afternoon, played 2 minutes, and had to say "woooooow!" :) Such a great idea to convert the stalker flair into arma2.

As a dayz-veteran I have some ideas, and bugs:

Bugs:

- After killing 1 Zombified Stalker in MP-Mode I turned into a criminal. In SP all worked fine.

- When I attack the Stalkers in Starting camp, only the trader attacked me. The other guys chill, and I can kill them one-by-one

Ideas:

- Hunger/Thrist System. The Zone needs the ultimate survival-element.

- A little txt-file like How-To install + multiplayer hosting. Not everyone is a arma2-veteran

- hidden stashes of other stalkers (like in the original game) Maybe dynamic?

- faction wars (duty and freedom hate each other, y no battles between them, even when the player didn't have to interact?)

So far

Dugrim

There is hidden stash full of weapons and ammo, its even pretty near of your starting location.

Bug is visible here too at 03:11 time

That's my video and that dog chased me all the way there. You can see it briefly near the start of the vid @ 0:11 seconds. I think it got stuck on an anomaly - perhaps broke its pathfinding.

Edited by Grimwald

Ok Grimwald, yep I following your adventures on YouTube, great fun. Can you please run simple test for me? Start new game (SP for example so you not destroy your listened hosted game progress, bug appears in SP or in Listened Host anyway) and run directly to Alakit. Half way there when you pass Old Yard scrapyard save game and continue to Alakit. Dog will work fine and then reload save and continue to Alakit again and tell me what dogs do there.

had the same bug (killed a zombie -> become criminal) in my second zone-trip. Was the 18th zombie or so. I think any of the zombie stalkers are from the wrong faction, and arma thinks you kill a normal stalker.

Any release-date or planned feature list for 1.03? Btw love this mod.

Greetings

ataribaby: I replicated this with the blind dog pack north of the road to Sebjan Dam & the Duty camp in v1.02.

Also noticed there's less of those 'big' stashes in v1.02.

Thanks, so there is really issue on reload. I bet that script error I posted above stops dogs logic from continue after game save reload.

UPDATE

VERSION: 1.03

CHANGELOG:

MOD CORE:

• Fixed: Dogs not moving after load saved game
  • Fixed: killed a zombie > become criminal
  • Fixed: Multiplied radiation damage in MP
  • Fixed: Multiplied psy damage in MP
  • Changed: Decreased size of health indicators
  • Changed: Health indicators now optional (set specific variable to unit: "DAP_STALKER_NOINDICATORS")

MISSIONS:

• Fixed: killed a military > become criminal
  • Added: Tent now save your inventory after death
  • Added: server option: enable\disable health indicators

NOTE: All in one archive (all addons and missions included in one archive)

WARNING: STALKER MOD requires only ARMA2: CO. Beta patches can cause bugs and glitches, so I reccomend do not use any beta patches.

Thanks for informing us about the newest update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Excelent chengelog. All i wanted fixed is there. Thumbs up! I will test soon as i arrive home from work.