Sign in to follow this  
DAP

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

Hi stalker-fans.

BOLTS: my kingdom to get the correct classname for bolts. :D

What's in the readme is incorrectly written - or I'm a n00b who can't copy & paste.

I'm guessing they are added with addMagazine; can bolts be added to crates & rucksacks with addMagazineCargo?

If I can't get this working I'll just use the unlimited bolts flag instead.

Side note: in working on my co-op mission sandbox idea I've found that sleep doesn't work in MP (why would it, I asked myself after that observation).

Also had a very cool/odd thing happen. A group of insurgent guerillas, whom I use as bandit-replacements, made their way 1.1kms south on the map to where a lone faction member had been killed by zombies. I encountered them with absolute joyous surprise. It was like ALife from STALKER and stumbling on a random squad. It got so dark I couldn't find the bodies or the remaining units. Thankfully they didn't see me and I escaped. After sleeping until morning I went back to find the last unit still there, 1.1kms from where I'd put them in the mission editor. Anyone know how to explain this?

I was trying to make a zombie-stalker horde of 34 using the zombie count variable and distance variable for the module. Only 2 zombied stalkers were spawned. Is there some limits to the parameters?

Is there a way that running Surge can be detected in triggers for anomalies? It could be a way to make'em move around on each blowout if possible.

Edited by Grimwald
search answered quake.sqf query

Can anyone plz tell me exactly how to install? I tried it different times but it didnt work, i couldnt start it ingame.

Plz tell me exactly what do to with all the other addons and the mod itself, and how to set up a coop or multiplayer game with it :)

Would be awesome.....Thx for help

Hi Jonas;

For setting up Mods follow this FAQ. I use option 2.

Check your folder structures thoroughly. Not all zip files are arranged correctly. Remember it must be @MOD\AddOn\. And that has to be added to the command line for ARMA2 (all in the linked FAQ).

Creating your own multiplayer is a large complex task. There's lots of good guides around for free download.

Search for Mr. Murray's deluxe editing guide. That's the most thorough one I've found. In combination with the scripting_commands wiki here at Bistudio websites is just about everything you need. For tough questions search the Editing section of the forums. Think of multiple questions about this so you don't have to start a new thread only to be told it is already answered elsewhere. If you don't have a programming background I strongly suggest you put in the time for reading some basic programming tutorials to understand the working of variables and functions. Otherwise you've got a large learning curve ahead of you which can be discouraging. Essentially it's a lot of work and there's no short one post answer on how to make a MP/Co-op mission. :-)

If you want an out of the box STALKER-esque Co-Op experience try Sumrak's excellent Namalsk Crisis for its MP campaign. It's totally worth it. :cool:

Edited by Grimwald
apostrophe

Thx for the reply on my post :) i got the reason of my error :D i forgot to coppy the mission in missions....

but one question, is there only this mission, or could i play sandbox game like in dayz also?

would be cool if anyone could tell me how to get coop working like in this video:

i think its this mod, right?

DAP's add-on is really a toolkit so others can make their own missions. The mission included is a kind of demo.

The one in the vid is DAPStalker + ACE (at least). There may be more mods but hard to tell since they're pretty lightly loaded to get that rookie stalker feel, I guess. :-)

For sandbox stuff there's nothing Stalker-flavoured as far as I know. However, I'm working on a long-duration co-op game with saves so it can be a bit persistent.

would be cool if anyone could tell me how to get coop working like in this video:

i think its this mod, right?

Yes, it's a multiplayer mission on the basis of this mod. Comrade PIONEER has created a STALKER MP mission...

You, the most usual Stalker, who decided to go to the island Namalsk. Here are all the same conditions as the Chernobyl zone: stalkers, groups, scientists, anomalies, mutants and various dangers.Your task in the zone - to survive and get into the most mysterious city in the North of the Namalsk, there is a Psi study, which destroys your brain.

You will start on the basis of the stalkers, it's the safest place, there you can:

- Raise your level. You can develop your skills and you will be available to new weapons, transportation, hiring people and other Goodies

- Buy weapon

- Buy transport

- To perform different tasks: to bring the letter, and to kill, target, etc.

- Hire of stalkers and infirm people

- Earn money, to buy a barrel for the better and car on the beautiful

Hey up guys,

Just been going through this thread again, and spotted the custom loading screen for STALKER, with them gathered around the camp fire.

Is that out yet, as I have this mod and don't get that screen..?

Anyway, keep it coming, looks great! :D

lol

Let me tell ya a short-one story..

" I was lookin' for some Post-apocalypse fun..while i remembered this thread.

The problem later was..i wanted to play this mission using my favorite-standard addons.

So..i have spend about 3 hours to change weapon packs etc..only to discover the mission's duration

wasn't longer then one hour.."

*edited later*

..and off course the blame is on me..because i haven't found the time to read the whole thread

that explains the:Hunt for Bloodsucker is a demo mission more or less..

I really think you did a splendid job (although the quantity of 'anomalies' and 'rad-zones' was over-excessive imo)

*silly content removed*

@docpet I have searched but i haven't found any clues or DL link to this Coop version (from U-Tube link) you mentioned.

If you have something..please post or pm.

*btw using ACE and throwing the 'bolt'..for some unknown (?) reason player takes damage oO

If anyone knows why..i would be glad to know..

Edited by GiorgyGR

The one in the youtube video is their "private" mission that they made. As far as I know Mr Knoxy & crew haven't shared it and I infer from their conversation that they were really just testing out the work so far.

I've been using ACE with my work and throwing the bolt has never caused damage to the player in my testing. It is probably some other mod causing this issue.

docpet is saying that PIONEER is working on a MP/Co-op mission, I think. Whether it will be shared is another thing.

@docpet

(Thank you for quick reply btw..)

Nice video..although there are even better implementations of 'trader' systems.

Proper examples are the "vanilla ArmA's Warfare" mode and "Valhalla berzerk" where you can actually

have a visualization of what you are about to buy.(remember using ACE has LOTS of weapons and instruments)

Anyways..i m dying to see a beta version or similar :)

GiorgyGR

On the proposal of the module of trade, in the next update will be a separate kind of trade.

You keep it up DOCPET, it looks f^&£$%g amazing mate! :D

Anything like this that adds depth and variety to the STALKER mod world for ARMA is more than welcome by me.

@docpet

Your w.i.p. "trade" system seems quite good but..i guess it will become big trouble if you want to buy a "X" amount of specific ammo (and not 3 or 4 standard magazines with the gun)or have a "large" list of objects (*like medikits/chemlights/various types of grenades).

Anyways if you planning an ACE version..i already have every unit's loadout customized to use ACE weapons only.

The only weapon stays is the DAP_shotgun (wich i m planning to make it use ACE ammunition for compatibility with excellent JSRS mod)

Edited by GiorgyGR

I saw VOSDAP (Youtube handle) trade a while back and wondered it if was the DAP from this mod.

Suggest put a choice at the start of any trade so one can "Quick Buy", like from the crates with the dialog and no visuals. Or, "Browse" with the VOSDAP scripting like from the youtube clip. The more choices the player has in how they can interact with the world the more immersion is created.

Any ACE compatibility would be very welcome - even if it's just the stamina/rucksack system.

@docpet and team : this is GREAT work! Looking forward to more updates. :cool:

Yea ..i hope the guys will 'evolve' this already great mod :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Meanwhile, in The Zone:

arma2oa2012102110502774.jpg

arma2oa2012102110514579.jpg

arma2oa2012102111091015.jpg

Very atmospheric screens. :-)

@DAP: Is this for the co-op that docpet mentioned?

every time i launch the game with this mod and try to add any units to the editor .. i get errors...

none of the anomalies work :

for the monolith i get "cannot load texture dapmonilith/textures/icon.paa "

none of the artifacts work they all give me a texture error..

and most of the units give me this error "DAPMISC/Scrpts/Equipment.sqf not found"

can someone direct me to a solution?

Lordprimate:

Are you running any extra mods?

Which units can't you place?

How have you entered the anomalies sqf in the trigger? The trigger needs to be "anyone" and "repeatedly". Try not to make them too big.

I found everything worked fine once I got Vilas's AK pack working (vilas_aks_06-02-2011). The date is important.

Make sure you go over DAPs readme. Also note there's some simple spelling errors in the names for some items within that file.

Goddamn DAP!

Those screenshots look amazing man!

Im really looking forwards to seeing more of this mod... Keep it up!

Lordprimate:

Are you running any extra mods?

Which units can't you place?

How have you entered the anomalies sqf in the trigger? The trigger needs to be "anyone" and "repeatedly". Try not to make them too big.

I found everything worked fine once I got Vilas's AK pack working (vilas_aks_06-02-2011). The date is important.

Make sure you go over DAPs readme. Also note there's some simple spelling errors in the names for some items within that file.

I just tested the mod .. I actually wrote about two paragraphs of data... and somehow when i clicked post... it flipping dissipeared... BS!!!!

Ok so here it goes...

1 I launch with no mods.... just stalker and namalsk..

2 i get a config.bin/CfgVehicles/Man.scope error ... No MAN units in editor....

3. so with no other mods ... Stalker doesnt work... it actually completely glitches my game and makes ALL "MAN" units dissipear..

1a. I launch with all my mods... @CBA, threw @ACE, and more then 150 mods.. all from six updater..

2a.. Game launches with NO errors...

3a. When i get to the editor and place a "FREEDOM" unit.. with Mask.. Leader... I get ..no entry "DAPMISC/Scrpts/Equipment.sqf not found"... the unit has a G36 and stanag clips ???

4a. Same Faction.... Unit. Marksman .. Exact same error... except rifle works with ammo...

5a. so after testing all units with mask ... They all give me same error.. and any unit spawnd with a G36 doesnt get right ammo...

6a. All the Without Mask units give me the same error...

7a. After further testing With ALL stalker units FREEDOM and DUTY ... they all give me the error .. "DAPMISC/Scrpts/Equipment.sqf not found"...

on to anomalies...

1. Monolith- as i stated earlier .. AS SOON AS i place the empty unit on the map in the editor... AS SOON AS.... i drop it .. i get this error ... "cannot load texture dapmonilith/textures/icon.paa "... again as soon as it is put on the map in the editor...

1a. When i press preview i get the same error again... once the editor launches the preview...

1b. Nothing is in game when it launches ... I can walk to where Monolith should be and nothing happens...

2. Gravi... i followed all instructions in read me... placed Gravi anomily on map.. .(no errors yet) set up trigger as stated.. Triple checked ... launch editor preview...

3a. i get error "cannot load "dapanomilies/textures/icon.paa "

3b. then i get imeditaly after "dapanomilies/scripts/gravi.sqf" not found...

so the short of the long is this .. as i stated earlier..

I get Texture errors for ALLL the anomilies... NONE OF THE SCRIPTS (IE: .SQF FILES) WORK...

I get Equipment errors for ALL the units....

Nothing in this mod works for me but somehow it does for everyone else... very very frustrating....

I also tried depboing the sample mission ... funny thing is i get the same errors in that mission...

What mods beside namalsk do i need ?? i have Vilas_weapons... the one off sixupdater... is that not compatible? I would realy like to use this mod.. it looks fun..

Edited by Lordprimate

A few things:

All the req'd mods are listed in the readme.txt

Vilas AK pack needs to be the date I mentioned. (vilas_aks_06-02-2011)

docpet helped me sort that out.

Strictly speaking you don't need all of Namalsk, however, I don't think it will break DAP's work to have it all included.

DAPMISC/Scrpts/

That probably needs an 'i' in Scrpts (scripts).

An icon for the anomaly... that sounds weird.

anomilies ought to be anomalies

Where did you d/l the file?

I've not used six update so can't comment.

That's a lot of problems.

I have just recovered from a system-crash and haven't recovered all my ARMA stuff, yet.

After I do and look through my mission I'll see if there's anything more helpful I can give.

ok... so i have read the readme several times... I have all the mods listed in the readme ..."as they came with the mod..." So i checked the readme Again... and it lists the same mods that are listed on armaholic page for this mod... that "again" i have already...

On armaholic it says i need:

- Namalsk

- East Weapon Pack

- G3 Project

- Stalker Units (included)

- Gms_cz584.pbo (included)

- Arma 2

(these are ALL INCLUDED in the download from six updater...) the only thing that is not included is @namalsk island..... i checked the @stalker/addons folder ...

original post edited to say this...

I have downloaded all mods. checked everything twice...

I have Depbo'd the mods(still looking at innurds)..

The problems still stands:

1. Dapmisc/equipment.sqf missiong

2. Dapartifact/textures ...Dapanomalies/Icons.. not functional..

Soon to be [..Shurg... Move files to recycle bin... press empty.. never play stalker mod... sadly watch other players post youtube videos of gameplay]

Edited by Lordprimate