Sign in to follow this  
DAP

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

Quests. Also will be released with mod as separate script. Both scripts (Trading and Quests) is universal and can be used in any "RPG-style" missions.

arma2oa2011110717444139.th.jpg arma2oa2011110717452420.th.jpg

Sounds awesome DAP.

Can you give us an ETA on the next release? I can hardly wait :)

One question though... is it possible to make anomalies spawn by a module or something so that old anomalies are destroyed and new anomalies created everytime there is a blowout?

The Quest system sounds great !

I just had a idea for your Sleep script.

Maybe the player could be able to "build" via a action a small camp (a tent with a campfire and crate), this could be another item you have to buy.

Now he can only sleep at this camp.

Then you could add a "safezone" around this camp so no enemy can come close while the player is sleeping or even interrupt the sleep if a enemy is close.

I think this would add much more atmosphere (and is pretty easy to do) instead of just sleeping anywhere.

I'm with Wiggum on the camp idea. Might be a good base for a future hunger/thirst/sleep feature.

Sleep as it is now is basically a glorified compress time feature. If it was actually a necessity (at least as an option for the survivalists among us) along with the need for water and food I think this would kick so much arse!

Can you give us an ETA on the next release? I can hardly wait :)

Still no concrete date. Right now it in alpha-test stage. Balance issues, small fixes, improvements and etc.

One question though... is it possible to make anomalies spawn by a module or something so that old anomalies are destroyed and new anomalies created everytime there is a blowout?

I leave it for mission makers :)

I just had a idea for your Sleep script.

Maybe the player could be able to "build" via a action a small camp (a tent with a campfire and crate), this could be another item you have to buy.

Now he can only sleep at this camp.

Then you could add a "safezone" around this camp so no enemy can come close while the player is sleeping or even interrupt the sleep if a enemy is close.

I think this would add much more atmosphere (and is pretty easy to do) instead of just sleeping anywhere.

Actually it will be more easy than now :) You must care about your safety. You must find safe place for this. No "safezones" :) This is NOT real :) "Camp" - maybe, but only as script templates in demo missions.

Actually it will be more easy than now :) You must care about your safety. You must find safe place for this. No "safezones" :) This is NOT real :) "Camp" - maybe, but only as script templates in demo missions.

makes total sense as in the Stalker universe, mutants are known to be more active at night. :) Will be nice if that's what you're after :)

I wish some servers appear and good mission makers around here do take the time to create nice scenarios. Like Stalkers hunting for artifact missions, or guiding NPCs from point A to B, mutant killling ala call of pripyat's Lair of the Bloodsucker mission or even raid military outposts for equipment :p

One thing about zombies though. In the Stalker games, they are like rabid humans, but they can still use guns, will these zombies be able to do that? The ones i've seen here are the more traditional "must eat brains" melee attack zombies.

I love this mod! keep up the good work! Waiting patiently for the next update :)

I love the whole mod, but only one thing missing... Can you make AI stalkers walk from camp A to B and randomly continue and stay. It makes it more realistic.

Great Work!

It even allows more control that way. Even though I loved the free roam style of CoP, I think there were too many Stalkers for the small areas. I actually love the desolate feel of the demo mission to kill the bloodsucker in this mod.

Though a few groups of Stalker moving around isn't bad by any means... In fact i would like to meet a few from time to time as well as having to evade military patrols near the borders pf the Zone or patrolling Helis.

Hopefully we can adapt the ambient life modules and Sec ops type of modules to allow for some randomness and life in our Zones.

It even allows more control that way. Even though I loved the free roam style of CoP, I think there were too many Stalkers for the small areas. I actually love the desolate feel of the demo mission to kill the bloodsucker in this mod.

Though a few groups of Stalker moving around isn't bad by any means... In fact i would like to meet a few from time to time as well as having to evade military patrols near the borders pf the Zone or patrolling Helis.

Hopefully we can adapt the ambient life modules and Sec ops type of modules to allow for some randomness and life in our Zones.

Yeah, i mentioned about something like this.

Hey guys!

I've been searching up and down the forum trying to find a solution to my Problem, but couldn't find anything:

I'm running CO 1.60 with the stalker mod and everything required, but when I try to load the game I get the error

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Man.scope'

and in the editor, all Man classes are gone and i cannot preview a mission due to various "No entry" error. This only happens with the Stalker mod.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance

Additional Info: The issue only happens when dapstalkers.pbo is loaded. When I remove it from the Addons folder, everything is normal. I tried checking the config.cpp, but i'm a total noob when it comes to configs.

Edited by colosso

Can you make AI stalkers walk from camp A to B and randomly continue and stay. It makes it more realistic.

Great Work!

Hey BRicsi01, you should try using WICT or DAC for this. Both of these scripts can make AI randomly spawn and patrol and are fully adjustable. I had WICT running with Neuteral Stalkers and DUTY Stalkers and a bunch of Zombie stalker and dog modules. Turned out pretty well as I kept seeing other groups of stalkers patrolling the zone. Firefights between the Neuteral Stalkers and DUTY would break out pretty often though (I know you can turn down the intensity of WICT but i'm not very good at using WICT) so you might want to try DAC seeing as setting up random patrol's it what it is designed for. There is also Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script and UPSMON based off that aswell (and quite possibly many others I havn't heard of). Well hope this gave you some Ideas for making a more authentic Exclusion Zone.

Izyryg

So good of you to join us. Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately, bumping threads and asking for news is considered spam on this forum, and spam is not permitted. In the future, please note that addon makers as a rule will post news when there is news to post. Thank you.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

So I'm having the same problem as Coloso, the the " No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Man.scope' " error. The error appears to occur with the newest version of "East Weapons Pack" running with the "dapstalkers.pbo" file; when i remove that from the @Stalker/addons it works fine. I have not tried this with earlier versions of this mod and I cant seem to find an older version of the weapons pack.

Hey guys!

I've been searching up and down the forum trying to find a solution to my Problem, but couldn't find anything:

I'm running CO 1.60 with the stalker mod and everything required, but when I try to load the game I get the error

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Man.scope'

and in the editor, all Man classes are gone and i cannot preview a mission due to various "No entry" error. This only happens with the Stalker mod.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance

Additional Info: The issue only happens when dapstalkers.pbo is loaded. When I remove it from the Addons folder, everything is normal. I tried checking the config.cpp, but i'm a total noob when it comes to configs.

This is a common problem when using the latest version of the East Europe Weapons Pack 7-05-2011. The solution to this problem - you need to use the East Europe Weapons Pack 06-02-2011

Checked it works

"This is a common problem when using the latest version of the East Europe Weapons Pack 7-05-2011. The solution to this problem - you need to use the East Europe Weapons Pack 06-02-2011

Checked it works"

Aye, I'm getting this message too- but HOW do you get access to the 06-02-2011 version to solve it please..?

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

...also guys, I'm getting various "bad vehicle type" errors popping up..?

Things like "bad vehicle type NS_zombie_2" etc...

What could be causing this please..?

All of this started as soon as I added STALKER addon to my startup.

"...also guys, I'm getting various "bad vehicle type" errors popping up..?

Things like "bad vehicle type NS_zombie_2" etc...

What could be causing this please..?

All of this started as soon as I added STALKER addon to my startup.

To start playing this mod needs Namalsk_v1.10 + v1.10_hotfix + East Europe Weapons Pack 06-02-2011. And there will be errors "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Man.scope"

not compatible Namalsk island version 1.11 "Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk - Namalsk Crisis"

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the two mods, STALKER and STALKER UNITS to both work simultaneously.

But, the STALKER UNITS one isn't working- they're just not apearing in the editor boxes- but they do when STALKER mod is turned off...

Now, I've noticed that the GSC_STALKER.pbo in UNITS mod is also present in the STALKER mod..?

So, there's basically two .pbo's with the same name.

Would this be causing the STALKER UNITS not to work..?

If so, are there ANY workarounds please..?

Thank you all for your time gents!

Marc

Alright chaps,

I'm trying to implement an anomaly, but for the life of me, cannot work out how to make it happen, even though I followed the instructions in the readme..?

This is what I put inside the box for Insert Trigger:

ANOMALY = [thistrigger, <50>, <50>] execVM "DAPANOMALIES\Scripts\<Gravi>"

Please, can someone tell me where I'm going wrong as I love STALKER and want to create my own missions with this great mod..!

Also, is it JUST a "trigger" you have to place for this, and if so, it's inside the "effects/anonymous" box yes..?

Cheers,

Marc

PS; I also followed instructions of the Armaholic mod page itself.

Can anyone tell me what to install? I downloaded everything from armaholic, I have no idea where to put files needed. I have CO, so I have a ARMA II folder, and a ARMA II AO folder(I also have BAF, but I don't think it affects anything). I'm seriously confused on this considering I've never installed a mod on Arma before.