Sign in to follow this  
DAP

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

buckshot ammo is available in OA for the saiga and the m1014. did you just make your own ammo?

I created custom ammo with different variables for shotguns, wich based on buckshot ammo from OA.

)rStrangelove;1884423']DAP' date=' u may not realize it yet, but a MP COOP Stalker session would be UBERawesome.

If you need help with coop testing plz add me to the list. :)[/quote']

Of course :) It will be very helpful :)

On v1.09 mod works fine, but how can i use CZ584 weapon, wich you was playing on video "bolt feature"?

First up, I'm a massive fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R universe, so this mod has got me pretty damn excited.

This mod has HUGE potential. Great job so far! The first time I ran into a bloodsucker and heard their scream I nearly browned my pants. Freaking awesome. It could, however, do with more creatures. I played for about 5 hours and covered about 20km in total and only ever ran into a bloodsucker and a few stalker camps. Any chance of adding fleshes, boars, roaming dogs, and all that good stuff?

How many types of anomalies and artifacts are there? I kinda like how you can't really see anomalies, it makes navigating anomaly fields pretty scary and intense.

The biggest improvement to this mod, for me, would be to have one scenario that has many, many dynamic missions inside of it, rather than having the user have to make missions. I can't feel immersed if I have to load up another mission after the next. It should be seamless.

The map is good, but I don't think it suits S.T.A.L.K.E.R all that much. It does feel like something from the stalker series, but everything is too spread out. I don't think it should be an island either. Something like Chernarus would be more suited I think. The camps and landmarks should be a little closer together, either that or put more stalkers on the map.

Here's a quick list of things that could improve this mod dramatically.

- Money and trade system

- More dialog between the player and NPCs. There's already some that you can talk to, but I think it should be more. If they shared their personal stories and what not that could help immersion

- Bandits

- More mutants, and mutant types. Make traveling a risk

- Seamless scenario, one where you can keep playing the same scenario for as long as you want

- Please, DON'T add drivable tanks and helicopters. I wouldn't mind being able to drive a Skoda, but that's about it

- A working Geiger counter, perhaps

- Emissions!

- Changing weather

I don't know much about modding, but how is the respawn of stalkers handled, if at all? Can new stalkers come into the zone every few days?

Edited by Degtyarev

On v1.09 mod works fine, but how can i use CZ584 weapon, wich you was playing on video "bolt feature"?

This rifle requires special ammo (AA-12) from OA.

- Money and trade system

Now i working with this.

- More dialog between the player and NPCs. There's already some that you can talk to, but I think it should be more. If they shared their personal stories and what not that could help immersion

Working with this too :)

- Bandits

Now it problem for me. I am not a modeller. But i trying to convert model from original stalker :)

- More mutants, and mutant types. Make traveling a risk

Same :) I am not a modeller :)

- Seamless scenario, one where you can keep playing the same scenario for as long as you want

When "trade core" will be finished.

- Please, DON'T add drivable tanks and helicopters. I wouldn't mind being able to drive a Skoda, but that's about it

It depend on missions maker.

- A working Geiger counter, perhaps

Already work. You can find additional info in Readme files.

- Emissions!

Already presented. You can find additional info in Readme files.

- Changing weather

It depend on missions maker :)

Edited by DAP

Good to know you're working on trade system. By working Geiger counter, I meant one that you can pull up like the compass or watch, and take visual readings, rather than relying on audio hints.

Are emissions present in the bloodsucker demo mission?

Keep up the great work, DAP

Will there be a PDA featuring comunication by text massages with players and showing list of players on server? It could have map/gps feature too.

Or if not possible just other things that PDA could do, just for climax.

I could help with scripting a little, but im not good with GUI.

Im a fan of this module and waiting for every feature!

Thanks for the good work!

DAP, I am a HUGE STALKER fan, so I'm really excited by this.

If you're able to import more STALKER mutants, see if it's at all possible to also include ones from Metro 2033. The team that worked on Metro 2033 originally worked on STALKER, and the aesthetics of the creatures in Metro perfectly match those in STALKER.

I strongly feel that putting these creatures together into one shared world would cause most players to flip out of their chairs!

I couldn't imagine how horrifying it would be to have Metro's world collide with STALKER's! Imagine what a fight between a bloodsucker and a howler would look like, or, even worse, a bloodsucker fending off an attack from a skydiving demon!

Like many others have already said here, it would be great if there was a dynamic campaign established. An environment where, initially, one faction attacks another randomly, but then after the first battle, the chances of them wanting to attack one another increases.

Having packs of mutants eventually "wearing out" other packs would also be very interesting to see. The size of the packs could be randomized in the beginning, so that one will never know which types of mutants will be greater in number and strength than another.

Missions could be kept very generic, and would be relied upon mainly for acquiring funds to purchase ammo, weaponry, food, medication, and armor. Oh, and some mutant-repellent! These very generic missions could be randomly regenerated every few days, so that one gets a steady stream of different missions.

And in regards to vehicles... Keeping the player's feet on the ground is the best way to go, unless some really rusted out vehicle is supplied to make long distance travel somewhat quicker, but because the car is a piece of junk, it doesn't offer much protection. The player should constantly feel like he's vulnerable.

When I play with the Oblivion Lost mod for STALKER, I only use the working autos there to travel through areas that have been significantly cleared of a faction or a pack of mutants. That mod did a good job of keeping the autos weak--if the larger mutants charged the car at full speed they could actually flip it over! If autos are supplied, if possible, give them the ability to hold items and equipment in the backseat/trunk.

That said, I don't see any harm in supplying a randomly placed damaged/no fuel/no ammo BMP, or a collapsed Hind. These abandoned heaps could act as a temporary place of shelter that one could take cover and concealment from, and potentially hide in if several bloodsuckers are chasing the player.

If there's any way to add a slightly-visible look to the "invisible" bloodsucker, that would be ideal. Maybe modify some sparks from explosions so that they're VERY dim, and are only visible within the form of the mutant?

Charon's effects from the Predator mod would work great. Maybe you could get in contact with Charon and get some help?

In regards to the map... Increasing the number of campsites, including ones that have cobbled together shanties, and increasing the number and size of clusters of rotting buildings, would certainly give the player more choices as to where to travel. Depending on how a dynamic system is setup, some of these building clusters could be temporarily abandoned until a traveling faction settles in, and/or goes to war with another faction to possess it or keep it.

And in regards to including fog, I'd have to agree that it's necessary, although I'd be sensible about using it. Have it appear during the early hours of the night only to be (mostly) burned off by rising temperatures later that morning, and being more prevalent in areas that are closer to the water level. If the the fog rightfully impacts the AI's ability to see and hear, then the player could use the fog tactically. Factions might be more willing to move out to attack another faction or a bothersome horde of mutants in foggy situations since the fog makes them harder to see and to hear.

In regards to supplying underground locations: if it's possible, have an inch or two of water in them, and tons of water damage. I doubt that such facilities have their drainage issues addressed by working water pumps.

Drool !!!

There are SO many possibilities for this baby!

Thanks for all of your hard work!

I forgot to mention granting the player the ability to recruit up to five others who are friendly to him to help execute a mission. The player would then have the ability to command the comrades.

Wouldn't it be neat if the player could start his own faction? Yeah, an ambitious concept, but if one's going to dream, dream BIG.

:-D

I haven't tried this dynamic mission making tool yet, but it sounds and looks amazing. The wiki site for it supplies a lot of support. The World In Conflict Tool looks quite handy in setting up a truly dynamic sandbox environment. It looks even plausible that this tool could create the world of STALKER on a scale that's about as dynamic as one could ever achieve. More information on WICT here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103360

Hell yes, a single dynamic WICT mission would be awesome! Faction wars? Mmm. Has anybody tried making a map of the zone? ;)

Hell yes, a single dynamic WICT mission would be awesome! Faction wars? Mmm. Has anybody tried making a map of the zone? ;)

Yeah, reading your excited response regarding a potential WICT mission for a STALKER/Metro 2033 environment got me smiling allover again! It's hard not to get excited about it! :yay:

It would be nice if ruins were randomly generated throughout the map as well. Switching up different concealment and cover concerns would help to keep the environment engaging. For that matter, abandoned and wrecked vehicles, along with piles of industrial garbage, could be scattered randomly about as well for the same reasons. The number of times that I used rusted out vehicles and large piles of junk in STALKER for cover are too many to count, but boy, do I remember having to use them. I never thought that rusty junk could look so good till I played STALKER. ;)

One island that has regions that I feel would fit quite well with a STALKER/Metro-esque world is Klurs. http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=92 Its cold and barren frostiness is a departure from what we're usually treated to in STALKER, but its ambiance still evokes the same kind of response of dread and loneliness from me. I'm getting a chill just looking at those screenshots!

Inside report from Fukushima nuclear reactor evacuation zone

yp9iJ3pPuL8

You get a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. feeling watching it.

Since you are talking about several factions and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. feeling I have to suggest some changes in WICT.

Since I made only 13 factions and that part is embedded in FSM, which I don't have time to tweak (and by the time I made it for the first time I didn't think about dynamic classes) here is the workaround for anybody that wants to make such mission.

Those classes http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Classes can be used with different setups.

What I mean is that infantry could be replaced with Psy dogs for example and winged aircrafts could be replaced with Pseudogiants on enemy side --- in other words, you can make different kinds of zombies (I know there is no Pseudogiant 3D model for A2).

What I'm saying is that those WICT's classes can be used to spawn different factions and different kinds of zombies to make dynamic environment.

Cheers

DAP, will there be any update on your work progress?

And can you tell if you need help in any aspects?

From ArmAIIholic:

What I mean is that infantry could be replaced with Psy dogs for example and winged aircrafts could be replaced with Pseudogiants on enemy side --- in other words, you can make different kinds of zombies (I know there is no Pseudogiant 3D model for A2).

Wow! Now that is good news!

I guess the only concerns that I have in regards to the mutants is that I'm assuming that they're using Charon Production's melee-attack system from their Undead Mod, which has its own issues. For example, zombies being able to walk through walls.

Have these issues been addressed? From visiting The Undead Mod's BIS forum posting, it sounds like anyone equipped with this type of melee-attack can actually physically strike someone who is well protected within an APC.

Such events would be quite, um...distracting to the immersion factor.

This has been a problem since OFP. Since there has been no solution yet, one would suspect that you either have melee attacks that go through walls or no melee attacks at all.

One might be able to simulate melee attack with just a distance and damage --- for example if zombie is closer than one meter to the soldier add some damage to the soldier and play some animation of the zombie.

I don't know the exact mechanism of this mod. If I can help in any way with WICT let me know.

Usually they do it by creating a projectile. I was thinking maybe start it further back so it bounces off of the armour instead of going through it.

Usually they do it by creating a projectile. I was thinking maybe start it further back so it bounces off of the armour instead of going through it.

If a melee-attack is designed as a projectile, then couldn't it be "rated" so that the AI knows not to waste its "ammo" against targets it can't harm anyway? I mean, the infantry units certainly don't fire rounds off at vehicles armored enough to make 7.62 and 5.56 rounds bounce off; why can't the creatures know this as well with their "projectile" melee-attacks?

Another thing that I'm thinking of, can melee-attacks be established as a firearm with multiple attack types? For example, even though a M4A1 with a M203 is considered to be a "single" weapon, it's still capable of three different types of attacks: semi-automatic, fully automatic, and then the M203 grenade attack.

Applying this logic, a bloodsucker's "single" weapon could be capable of multiple types of attack: a single swipe for when the success of landing a hit are questionable, a rapid succession of arm swipes when the odds of landing a hit are moderately high, and then a two-armed snatch with a mouth-bite for when the odds of landing a solid attack are quite high and/or when it's desperate/badly injured. Just like with the M4A1, each of the bloodsucker's attacks would have its advantages and disadvantages, come with their own rates of fire, and the like.

I'm not a scipter, so I don't really understand it, but I don't think the zombies are attacking using a weapon. They're running up to you and doing an animation, which spawns a projectile... I think.

I cant seem to Unpbo the mission file to use it as an example to make a mission, any way i can get all the anomoly scripts or an editor friendly version of the file???

I cant seem to Unpbo the mission file to use it as an example to make a mission, any way i can get all the anomoly scripts or an editor friendly version of the file???

Here is updated Template mission.

Thanks , much apreciated. Was it you that made this mod for OFP too?

Great mod, thanks for making it, I love to mess around with the editor and this is just what I have been wanting for a while now. Radiation and some other anomalies don't seem to hurt you at all (psi, buzz, radiation) am I missing something or are they just unfinished? Also how do you stop sleeping?