S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

MOD UPDATED

sAWac7Tkgmc

Changelog:

- New features (bolts,medkit,antirad)

- Reworked some anomalies

- Reworked dogs

- Fixed stalkers neck-bug

- Anomalies not spawn artefacts if player throw bolts in there.

- Demo mission updated (added new features and some new surprises)

Sorry, but no big model fixes now. I think it will take a long time. So i release it in current state.

Edited by DAP

I'm a huge fan of STALKER series and I must say that you have done an amazing job on recreating the looks and feel of the series, and in some aspects even improved it!

Bloodsuckers still scare the bejesus out of me haha

As I'm total noob as far as the mission editing goes, I hope to see some missions for this mod being released.

Preferably something dynamic and never ending with artifact gathering and exchanging them for better weaponry, maybe NIM dynamic weather could be thrown in there for good measure. :j:

Thanks again for the mod, *subscribing* for updates! :thumb:

good to see some addons! looks good, DLing now.

but I have to say that you did manage to capture some of the essences of both S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and stalker (film) and the roadside picnic (book) all rolled into one. there are jerks with gasmasks and guns, mutants and other hostiles just like the game, but on the other had you also have the loneliness and large unknown menacing zone, just waiting to eat your soul.

when i played the demo mission more seriously (not just testing it out) i spent literally about 2-3 hours just walking around trying to get to the stalker camp. it was great. :D

unfortunately it had gotten dark, and i had not found a better weapon. there is no way i am going after a blood sucker in the dark with that shotgun :p

cant wait to see how you expand this mission. like adding more missions and dialogues and such.

unfortunately it had gotten dark, and i had not found a better weapon. there is no way i am going after a blood sucker in the dark with that shotgun.

cant wait to see how you expand this mission. like adding more missions and dialogues and such.

I populate whole Island :) You can find a lot of different weapons here. And some stalkers camp. Not one. Try to go into AI lab :) Try to go in Vorkuta. Or in Jalovisco. On south-west from Duty's camp you can find Freedom camp (In Old warehouse) On South-east from freedom camp you can find dead stalker's camp. Here you can get AK74M, some ammo and little quest in AII lab :) Also in old sawmill (near Tara brige) you also can find little surprises :) But be carefull :)

unfortunately it had gotten dark

I will add "sleep"-action in action menu.

P.S. I was read "Roadside picnic", played in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC, and looked this film. And i tried merge all best from those sources.

Edited by DAP

Hi, DAP! I have a problem with stalkers models from last version of mod. they looks totally deformed. with gsc_stalker.pbo from previous version everything is ok.

I have the same. But for some reason loading up the editor and placing any other unit (USMC Rifleman or whatever), then 'preview' and let it load.

After that all Stalker models work again.

I guess DAP has changed some aspects as he is improving the models...

Hi, DAP! I have a problem with stalkers models from last version of mod. they looks totally deformed. with gsc_stalker.pbo from previous version everything is ok.
I have the same. But for some reason loading up the editor and placing any other unit (USMC Rifleman or whatever), then 'preview' and let it load.

Very strange. Are you using any other mods at same time? Try run game with stalker mod only. When i run game all looks fine. But i check it in different combinations. Maybe something in my addons list automaticly fix this error. I think it something in config files.

I do have some weird issues with the Stalkers arms getting all thin and spindly sometimes. His forearm goes almost completely flat like a deflated balloon animal. It does seem to happen more often when I'm running other mods, but I can't figure out which mod is doing it.

But for some reason loading up the editor and placing any other unit (USMC Rifleman or whatever), then 'preview' and let it load.

it works. thanks! :)

I do have some weird issues with the Stalkers arms getting all thin and spindly sometimes. His forearm goes almost completely flat like a deflated balloon animal. It does seem to happen more often when I'm running other mods, but I can't figure out which mod is doing it.

It looks like "Skeleton-conflict" as i call this problem. Different mods rewrite man's skeleton variables in config and model looks deformed.

Thanks, worked for me too.

arma2oa2011-03-1214-52-26-192.jpg

MOD UPDATED

Sg8ENB3wpSY

Changelog:

- Reworked stalkers models

- Added "Sleep"-action

- Changed "Missions" folder location

Note: for wakeup press and hold "move forward"-button (default -W)

Edited by DAP

Very strange. Are you using any other mods at same time? Try run game with stalker mod only. When i run game all looks fine. But i check it in different combinations. Maybe something in my addons list automaticly fix this error. I think it something in config files.

I run the ACE suit, amongst others :rolleyes:, and that is why I didn't report it as a bug. Never tested it without.

By the way, I don't know if this is related to mods also, but apparently I get Freedom faction under Blufor and the faction under Opfer is also labeled freedom. Isn't that more like Duty?

Would it be possible to add more factions, like the military (released in IceWindo's original Stalker pack), and maybee also some other factions like Clear Sky etc.: http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Factions

I run the ACE suit, amongst others :rolleyes:, and that is why I didn't report it as a bug. Never tested it without.

By the way, I don't know if this is related to mods also, but apparently I get Freedom faction under Blufor and the faction under Opfer is also labeled freedom. Isn't that more like Duty?

Would it be possible to add more factions, like the military (released in IceWindo's original Stalker pack), and maybee also some other factions like Clear Sky etc.

About DUTY. My mistake in stringtable :) Thanks for report :) Now fix it.

About another factions like Clear Sky, Monolith, Bandits, Mercenaries and etc.. maybe :) But at first i want try add bandits :)

MOD UPADTED

Changelog:

-Fixed DUTY faction-name in Editor list.

All links updated.

I'm still trying to figure out what mod it is that's causing it the problem. I've tried turning mods on/off but it's hit or miss and hard to pinpoint the cause.

Here's a list of mods I'm usually running and if anyone else is running these and can help figure it out it'd be much appreciated.

Mods I almost always run:

CAA1

NGS Capraia

CBA

SAP Everon

Isla Duala + Units

Jade Groove + Units

Lingor + Units

Namalsk

Panthera

FDF Podagorsk

Quesh-Kibrul

ToraBora

Inko Disposable

JTD Fire & Smoke

Mods I often run:

31st MEU Replacement Reticles

ACE

ACEX

ACEX_PLA

ACEX_RU

ACEX_SM

ACEX_USNavy

Japahto

Thirsk + ThirskW

CWR² Winter Kolgujev

KuiK Winter Camo Pack

There's lots of other little mods and addons I download and play around with, but I don't usually keep them running all the time.

I'm still trying to figure out what mod it is that's causing it the problem. I've tried turning mods on/off but it's hit or miss and hard to pinpoint the cause.

Try it with last version of mod. I hope now it will be work correctly.

This is hands down exactly what I've been waiting for.

I started playing ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA in anticipation of Stalker SHOC SMP 2.5 which has been taking forever. I discovered ARMA 2 had more to offer than the original STALKER engine.

Then I found this mod and realized my dreams had come true. All that was missing was the addons that stalker SMP 2.4 had put on such as WW2 weapons and a decent progression from rookie to master stalker.

I tried to implement some of those featured into your mod using ACE and the DEGENRATION survival Zombie horror map I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeYK6H29Qcw

I hope this maybe this gives some inspiration on where to take the mod next. As it stands it's phenomenal. If it gets any better, I'll never play anything else! Great work and I'm looking forward to the next release.

Maybee bandits could be reskinned versions of Chedaki Insurgents or NAPA?

I hope than i will can add original bandits from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :)

This is hands down exactly what I've been waiting for.

I started playing ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA in anticipation of Stalker SHOC SMP 2.5 which has been taking forever. I discovered ARMA 2 had more to offer than the original STALKER engine.

Then I found this mod and realized my dreams had come true. All that was missing was the addons that stalker SMP 2.4 had put on such as WW2 weapons and a decent progression from rookie to master stalker.

I tried to implement some of those featured into your mod using ACE and the DEGENRATION survival Zombie horror map I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeYK6H29Qcw

I hope this maybe this gives some inspiration on where to take the mod next. As it stands it's phenomenal. If it gets any better, I'll never play anything else! Great work and I'm looking forward to the next release.

I think about "old" weapon, but i don't want increase the size of mod and list of additional addons :)

Also i need feedback about latest version of stalkers models :) It works fine? :)

Hi all is this possible to play like a COOP sandbox missions? all so does it req ACE or can ACE be used ok with no problems?.

Thanks